Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you ever had a mutual dream?

sarah_444

Last night I woke up from a dream, as I do most nights. The dream I woke up from was actually 3 different dreams that sort of, meshed into each other a bit. Overlapping I guess you could say? Anyway, one of the dreams involved my son getting hurt. To be more exact, he was playing with some sort of tool that reminded me of one of those big paper cutters I used to always see in school. He ended up coming to me crying because he accidentally cut part of his baby toe off. I remember holding him and trying to stay calm as to not frighten him more, while getting a towel to put on his foot. I woke up after that and wrote down all the dreams.

I didn't tell him about my dream, the only dreams of mine I share with him are happy or silly ones. (he only just turned six) This morning he told me that he dreamt about hurting his foot. He didn't remember how but he remembered sitting on my lap crying and his foot was bleeding.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened, it's happened one other time with him and once with my daughter. Both of those times were much less specific however.

Anyone else ever experience something similar or have any ideas of the how/why?

• Like 4

I dream quite a lot but I never usually experience things like this... But lately I have been experiencing this exact thing.

ive tried to lucid dream connect before with some one and dont think you can but maybe its possible for family members as there more genetically connected. all the storys i have heard of have involved family members, seeker has connected with his son, so maybe his opinion might be most useful. you also hear about dead family members appearing from long distances away when they die, maybe there is a family thing going on. i dont know this is true but always something to ponder.

Edited by Ever Learning

Yes, I experienced this with my son when he was young. Not just dreams but reading each other's mind and on one dramatic occasion, a premonition. I guess most people would find it easy to accept the possibility of there being a 'psychic' connection with close family members ..... those with 'blood-ties' ...... but Rudolf Steiner went further and claimed(and now I'm conjuring up stuff that I studied many years ago, so bear with me!), that up to the age of 7, the child is contained within it's mother's 'spirit'(this is possibly not the word he used), almost as if they are one spirit, but not quite. Similar to being in the womb: one body, but not quite. This is what makes communication on a psychic level possible. Usually the dreams are dramatic/scary in some way. Oh, off-topic but I think you'll find this interesting: Steiner said that at age 7 this 'spirit-placenta' 'tears' and the child really 'becomes his/her own person' ...... literally! If she is sensitive, this can be a very painful time for the mother ...... emotionally painful ..... as the child literally tears itself away from her. (Of course it is healthy for this to happen; it must happen for the child to mature properly). From then on the connection with the child will have a different quality to it.

• Like 1

..can't recall having a shared dream?

an account i read once, told of a japanese boy and girl, the girl dreamt she was a moth and the guy swatted at her (something like this)

let us know if something happens with your sons foot? even something silly.

interesting stuff there ouija, if we start finding cultural references to that, i'd say you and steiner are definantly on to something there. :tu:

• Like 1

That is pretty interesting, Ouija. I hadn't ever heard of anything like that before. I Googled a little but couldn't really find anything on the topic though. :/

It was a spontaneous thing, as it was the other times when similar dreams occurred. I wasn't lucid and the dreams were very 'dream like'. Still very interesting though.

I'll be sure to post if anything happens to his foot, though hopefully there will be no reason to.

Shared dreams are quite common in dream study workshops. In groups like this the perspective that we are all entangled with each other is more easily understood.

I suspect that the more we can appreciate our dream time, the more conscious we will become about it.

John

• Like 1

I have shared dreams with my husband before, so it does not have to be a blood tie.

I shared dreams with my grandmother really often when I was a kid. I found her dreams boring and usually drifted away from them but when she spoke of her dreams she always remembered I was there for a little bit and I always remember getting tired of the 'adult stuff' she dreamt of and leaving.

I have never shared a dream with my kids that I know of, though I would love to and have been kinda wishing for it.

• Like 2

My sister and I, have dreamt the same dream, same week.... we was both trying to get our family and friends...into this hugh mountain cave...cause we both felt something bad was coming! Never figured out what "bad" thing was?! But we both agree on one thing..in our dream... we felt it was more future thing to come... just something we thought odd.

within it's mother's 'spirit'(this is possibly not the word he used)

The word should be 'etheric body'.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

About a year (ish) ago, my mum and her sister both had the exact same dream in the same night - and on top of that, it turned out to be precognitive. Nothing dramatic or huge though, actually, they dreamt about a very banal thing. But it was something specific that they couldn't have seen coming. Pretty amazing.

My mum's side of the family seems to have a very strong 6th sense anyway, so that kinda just confirmed it even more. Even though my uncle, their brother, was knocked off his feet. My mum and aunt just shrugged it off as odd but normal. They're used to such stuff by now.

(I wish I had their talent)

This just happend to me last night though I was lucid some of the time. I would get my self in a mess in the dream and some dream people hated me or something so i would just fall through the floor into a different dream sometimes lucid sometimes not . So this happend some other time i took a dream character with me and it looked like she didnt make it but other people where there saying where is she? Or something like that in the new dream but I wasnt lucid after I went thourgh with this girl.

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting stuff guys!

I've often wondered if this could happen, to the point of even trying to 'meet' a friend in each other's dreams! (never got it to work btw)

I wonder if it isn't shared astral travelling..... but then again some of the experiences (especially like sarah_444's) don't seem astral. Must be like telekinesis.

Funny this thread was bumped back up today, I had another similar dream to my daughter last night. We both dreamed about crickets jumping all over the house and we couldn't catch them. I actually didn't even remember the dream until she started telling me about hers. In her dream though our cat was also eating them. lol

Back when i was in grade school i had a dream that went on for over a week, when i went to sleep, i went back to the dream, which had progressed while i was gone typical kids dream about fighting T-trx and triceratops with jet packs and lazer guns. In the dream were ( among others) 5 class mates from grade school

The day after the first of this series of dreams i found out that all five of those classmates had seemed to share the dreams they could describe what i had dreamed and i could describe what they had dreamed. for seven days this dream continued with all of us being able to discuss what had happened. Then on the seventh night we won the fight and the dream ended i was

About a week later i was approached by some onein a dream( a bald male in a tan military uniform) and told that i was the only one who would remember the dream and that i should not talk about it because people would believe i was crazy. i didn't take the advise and asked the others about the dream advise all but one of them said that we never shared a dream and that i was crazy. the last one told me i should have taken the advise and not talked about it

i still talk about it once in a great while but not often

Edited by mysticwerewolf
  • Like 1

Err this could have been embarrassing for me in highschool considering some of my dreams involved certain boys (and male teachers)! :blush:

On topic, one morning I sat down to brekkie and said to my husband "You'll never guess who I had a weird dream about last night" and he said "Tom?... I dreamt about him too!" Tom is an old friend who nows lives overseas and we hadn't spoken, thought of, been reminded of etc. for years. Sure, could have been coincidence I guess but it made us feel really connected (well it did me).

• Like 1

I've had a few. My most obvious one would be this one I posted years ago. I'll just copy/paste it because its quicker and shows the ruff time/year.

I've told this before I think but I had a dream maybe a year or so ago where I was walking around my house in the early morning and it had been spray painted(like vandalized)with red spray paint. It was painted all over the walls and the doors and just everywhere and I was in shock because I didnt know I was dreaming and I was just thinking who would do that to my house. Anyway I was walking through the house just looking and I stopped in a certain room and was thinking how the red paint was done how a child would do. Like the drawings and the words were written by like a 4yr and I was just in shock kinda and was trying to work it out. Anyway then my son ran into me which made me go lucider and I asked him about the paint and he said that he had done it and that we were dreaming or something and he was just running around having fun painting everything. I dont remember much more after that but just feeling relieved that my house wasnt trashed and it all just went white and the dream ended.

Anyway in the morning I asked my son first(without speaking of my dream)what he had dreamt(which I always do).. and he told me about how he dreamt that he was running around the house painting everything with red spray paint. I asked what else happened and he said that I leant down(which I think is when he bumped into me)and that he kissed me on the nose and a fairy came out. And that was pretty much his dream.

So I told him I was glad we were dreaming.

Found here http://www.unexplain...7

There was also nothing to really make us both dream of red paint. It wasnt like I was painting the house around that time or anything, it was just out of the blue. I'll never forget it and it made me a believer in shared dreaming for sure.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

I haven't but my mom and neighbor did

• 4 weeks later...

Back when i was in grade school i had a dream that went on for over a week, when i went to sleep, i went back to the dream, which had progressed while i was gone typical kids dream about fighting T-trx and triceratops with jet packs and lazer guns. In the dream were ( among others) 5 class mates from grade school

The day after the first of this series of dreams i found out that all five of those classmates had seemed to share the dreams they could describe what i had dreamed and i could describe what they had dreamed. for seven days this dream continued with all of us being able to discuss what had happened. Then on the seventh night we won the fight and the dream ended i was

About a week later i was approached by some onein a dream( a bald male in a tan military uniform) and told that i was the only one who would remember the dream and that i should not talk about it because people would believe i was crazy. i didn't take the advise and asked the others about the dream advise all but one of them said that we never shared a dream and that i was crazy. the last one told me i should have taken the advise and not talked about it

i still talk about it once in a great while but not often

Wow! Too intense! This is the type of stuff I think Steven King probably went through when he was young. I bet you have some other really interesting stories. Thanks for sharing.

I've had a few. My most obvious one would be this one I posted years ago. I'll just copy/paste it because its quicker and shows the ruff time/year.

Found here http://www.unexplain...7

There was also nothing to really make us both dream of red paint. It wasnt like I was painting the house around that time or anything, it was just out of the blue. I'll never forget it and it made me a believer in shared dreaming for sure.

Yeayyy for fairies!

• 2 months later...

My boyfriend and I have a very strong mental and emotional bond.. One day he was telling me about his dream that he had the night before. I was very taken back because I had almost the exact same dream but my dream was in my perspective. We talked for a long time about it and we decided to experiment with our dreams.. We made up a fountain in the middle of a forest that we planned on "meeting at" in our dream that night.. I understand that lucid dreaming kind of doesnt count as sharing the same dream but we have become so good at lucid dreaming that we have made an entire dreamland that continues to grow. The interesting thing is one night I dreamt of this forest that had blue and green glowing trees. I was so excited to tell him to add this forest to our dreamland. But I woke up to a text that described this forest... THAT HAD THE EXACT SAME TREES! Until he and I started having the same dreams I had never even heard of it happening.. I think in order to have these mutual dreams you and the other person have to have a very deep connection. But I could be very wrong as well.

• Like 1