Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

have I done the right thing

Soton69

Need some advice because right now im not sure wether it was my fault. ..if this is in the wrong section mods then please move...right here goes...I was in a relationship for 5 months but my partner never stopped texting her ex, the ex that raped and ****ed her up...she changed her number twice when we were together, and yet she still kept in contact with him, there was always an excuse why she did this. Anyway I had enough and left het for 2 months. I did not contact her in this time and started to rebuild my life...she contacted me saying the ysual, ie she loved me and wanted me back and like a fool cause I loved her went to see her with the aim of sorting things out...then she dropped the bombshell that she had slept with him whilst we were split...I left her due to this man...did I do the right thing people...she says she loved me yet she does that...am I at fault here...anyway thks for reading my woeful dilemma, and thks to anyone who posts a reply, good or bad

i think if you carry on with this relationship its only going to cause you more heartbreak, you have been understanding enough, you have been a nice guy, cut your losses and find a girl who deserves you.

Do you really need to question if you did the right thing here? They were probably doing the mattress mambo while you were still together too.

You did the right thing in leaving her. I know how it is to love someone and want to be with them but she will do this again. This will be someone that you will never really trust.

When you are split up that means your with no one so whomever someone sees they are not cheating. However since it was only a couple of months you think she would of been more interested in getting back with you than seeing someone else if she really cared. If it had been several months, well you get lonely and you will seek out others.

• Like 1

It doesn't sound like you left her... it sounds like she left you, repeatedly, every time she contacted her ex or slept with him or whatever...

No one needs that kind of treatment. Go live your life and be happy and guilt-free.

Hi Soton69,

From what you've said my view is that you have done the right thing 100%.

Don't look back, don't go back, stay the hell away from her.

This sounds to me like it's about control and drama. It sounds like a totally toxic and corrosive situation and I wouldn't trust her one inch.

Just my opinion, but good luck whatever you do.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read and reply...I just needed to know I guess if I was the guilty one...I will never go back there...never...again thks for all the support.

• Like 1

That's right brother. This has the potential to turn into an ever repeating cycle if you let it. In other words if you get back with her she will do it again and then it will be your fault that you're in a sick relationship instead of hers.

Need some advice because right now im not sure wether it was my fault. ..if this is in the wrong section mods then please move...right here goes...I was in a relationship for 5 months but my partner never stopped texting her ex, the ex that raped and ****ed her up...she changed her number twice when we were together, and yet she still kept in contact with him, there was always an excuse why she did this. Anyway I had enough and left het for 2 months. I did not contact her in this time and started to rebuild my life...she contacted me saying the ysual, ie she loved me and wanted me back and like a fool cause I loved her went to see her with the aim of sorting things out...then she dropped the bombshell that she had slept with him whilst we were split...I left her due to this man...did I do the right thing people...she says she loved me yet she does that...am I at fault here...anyway thks for reading my woeful dilemma, and thks to anyone who posts a reply, good or bad

If you stay away from this girl then you're doing the right thing. The fact that she still talks to and has sex with a guy who raped her says a lot about her. She is just like my ex, she likes playing games (manipulating you into feeling bad for you) and hunting for attention. I know you might care about her a lot, and I know maybe she may have had a hard life and isn't a bad person deep down, but she sounds like poison. I could be wrong, after all, I don't know any of you, and this is over a message forum. But I know this much, stay away, cut off contact and rebuild your life. Better things are waiting around the corner if you open yourself up to them.

PS - I stand by what I say in washing your hands of this whole situation... so I don't suggest that you do this by any means, but I'm just saying, I would have given this douchebag (the guy) a good ass-kicking. It's good that you didn't, though.

Edited by Really Swell