Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man throws himself to lions!

Eldorado

After fight with wife, man jumps into lions' cage at Nandankanan zoo.

"Das sustained muliple injuries on his skull, cheeks, neck, legs and hands, said Dr Srikant Mohapatra, the general manager of the private hospital.

“Das regained consciousness in the hospital. He has sustained deep bites on hands and legs. Das also admitted having a quarrel with his wife before coming to the zoo,” Dr Mohapatra said."

Full tragic story: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/after-fight-with-wife-man-jumps-into-lions-cage-at-nandankanan-zoo/1012491/

He survived, poor guy. :( He has to face her again now.

• Like 3

It's a sad story, that man must have been feeling so desperate.

Can't help laughing at this line though....

“The man touched my feet before jumping into the lion enclosure,” an elderly woman tourist from West Bengal said.

• Like 1

Three recent incidents of people jumping into dens of lions, tigers, and crocodiles...what a horrible choice to commit suicide! There are less agonizing ways to end suffering, divorce lawyers are among them!

Edited by meryt-tetisheri
  • Like 3

Have a quarrel with your wife and throw yourself to the lions. I guess that really helped things at least now he will get her sympathy.

Why would he touch that old woman's feet? I thought that a little strange.

• Like 1

Another for the Darwins awards. But to jump in a lions den because of fighting with wife that is just plain dumb.

• Like 1

Why would he touch that old woman's feet? I thought that a little strange.

It was his mother-in-law in disguise and he never 'touched' her feet, she kicked him off the wall. (according to my Indian sources)

p.s. lol @ sympathy from wife

Edited by Eldorado

Why was he able to get in the den in the first place? I dislike zoos.

• Like 1

hmmmm.... he wanted to see whats under the old lady skirt but tripped and fell of horror of what he saw.. hahhahahahahhah *pervert*