Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is a gang member a terrorist?

Ashotep

A friend of mines' daughter was just killed two weeks ago in a drive bye, we are all victims to those psychopaths who hold no regard for laws or rights of others or their lives.

And I grew up right in the middle of the L.A. metro area, you should not have to worry about going outside and being murdered for wearing the wrong colors in the wrong neighborhood, or being murdered for your watch, or being murdered just because the lunatic gang member wants to gain notoriety in his/her gang. It is a constant fear zone there.

And calling them a terrorist vice a criminal makes you feel safer?

And calling them a terrorist vice a criminal makes you feel safer?

No and what does that have to do with the topic?

Pretty much everything actually. Title is gang member a terrorist?

Sorry to hear about the loss its tragic.

My problem with spreading the terrorist label around too thin is, it will lose its meaning and this is more of a question, can't they hold you indefinitely with no trial if they charge you with terrorism?

We already have enough laws in place to put a gang member away for life if the crime warrants it.

My problem with spreading the terrorist label around too thin is, it will lose its meaning and this is more of a question, can't they hold you indefinitely with no trial if they charge you with terrorism?

We already have enough laws in place to put a gang member away for life if the crime warrants it.

I know they can hold a Non U.S. citizen on SUSPICION ... indefinitely ... Gitmo is proof of that.

As for "you" or any U.S. citizen? .. i'm not sure.

First we need a solid definition of terrorist.....It is very losely defined.... Gangs tend to go after themselves... I wouldnt consider them terrorists..... UNLESS they are targeting innocent people. Which they do..... But their end objective is not to dethrone a government. Its usually guns, drugs, colors or styles they go after.... Gangs usually dont want to leave their own "hood". When they do its to smuggle crap...then you start the boarder line for cartels...... eek... see so many gray areas on this subject....but simple hood gangs....meh....

• Like 1

Yes they are terrorists..

no not really... sorry

unless you fight agains gvmnt, or ways it conducts its buissnes, you aren't terrorists.

government, and rich (the untochable), and banks, are rulling class\elite, you'll get more jailtime, and a lot higher bail, if you try to rob a bank, or assult a federal emploee, than if you would rape someone not important.

just afact of life,.

Umm, nope. Wrong. There are terrorists that don't fight governments, and don't care how a certain government conducts it's business. Those that do, are called "political terrorists"... there is a huge difference.

The danger that some people aren't perceiving here is that if you can be labled a terrorist they don't need to press charges to lock you up or freeze your bank accounts. It also makes it OK for them to use 'enhanced interrogation' (torture) on you.

So once you say gang members are terrorists, then that will by definition include militias, motorcycle clubs, gun clubs, etc. See the danger? Terrorists need to be defined by thier political goals not just someone who may or may not inspire terror in some of you.

The topic is about whether a gang member should be termed a terrorist or a criminal. You're the one who brought in the personal story. What relevance does your story have to do with the topic?

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

The topic is about whether a gang member should be termed a terrorist or a criminal. You're the one who brought in the personal story. What relevance does your story have to do with the topic?

I had a feeling someone would bring that up, does 9/11 and the terrorists taking lives of innocents bring relevance? A terrorist is a criminal.

I had a feeling someone would bring that up, does 9/11 and the terrorists taking lives of innocents bring relevance? A terrorist is a criminal.

So is a burgurlar a terrorist? Not all criminals are terrorists is the point.

So is a burgurlar a terrorist? Not all criminals are terrorists is the point.

You would be really naive to think that said burglar gang member does not employ other coercive/criminal ways to achieve other goals throughout their lives as a gang member.

Do you know what this means?

http://t2.gstatic.co...epgCZsf3iYoH_g4

I am referring to gang members.

Edited by HavocWing

You would be really naive to think that said burglar gang member does not employ other coercive/criminal ways to achieve other goals throughout their lives as a gang member.

Do you know what this means?

http://t2.gstatic.co...epgCZsf3iYoH_g4

I am referring to gang members.

So it should be that anyone wearing a 1%'ers patch can be locked up indefinetly, have thier assets frozen, and be subjected to enhanced interrogation techniques? Because that's what can be done to anyone that is classifiable as a terrorist. Don't act like the rest of us are stupid just because you want to say anyone that scares you is a terrorist.

Criminals and terrorists. Two different things. Get it yet?

Edited by OverSword

So it should be that anyone wearing a 1%'ers patch can be locked up indefinetly, have thier assets frozen, and be subjected to enhanced interrogation techniques? Because that's what can be done to anyone that is classifiable as a terrorist. Don't act like the rest of us are stupid just because you want to say anyone that scares you is a terrorist.

Criminals and terrorists. Two different things. Get it yet?

I never said criminals are terrorists, I said terrorists are criminals, I never said they should have their assets frozen and be subjects to interrogation techniques (what they do though is far far worse.) And they intentionally set out to scare people, technically they would be terrorists.

http://www.merriam-w...onary/terrorist

And you didn't answer my question, do you know what the 1% patch means?

Edited by HavocWing

I never said criminals are terrorists, I said terrorists are criminals, I never said they should their assets frozen and be subjects to interrogation techniques (what they do though is far far worse.) And they intentionally set out to scare people, technically they would be terrorists.

http://www.merriam-w...onary/terrorist

And you didn't answer my question, do you know what the 1% patch means?

Yes I do, and have friends that are in the gypsy jokers out of battlefield WA. Nice guys. And yeah terrorist are criminals unless they fulfill thier political agenda, such as in the case of Isreal.

Yes I do, and have friends that are in the gypsy jokers out of battlefield WA. Nice guys. And yeah terrorist are criminals unless they fulfill thier political agenda, such as in the case of Isreal.

If they are nice guys, then they aren't true one percenters.

Edited by HavocWing

If they are nice guys, then they aren't true one percenters.

LOL! Know many bikers? They are true one percenters and if you're friends of thiers they will go out of thier way to watch your back if they feel you need them to. You can be a gun runner and a nice person you know.

LOL! Know many bikers? They are true one percenters and if you're friends of thiers they will go out of thier way to watch your back if they feel you need them to. You can be a gun runner and a nice person you know.

If you aren't one of them, and happen to look at them the wrong way (even unintentionally, then they will break every bone in your body, and burn your house down without a second thought. If you're lucky enough they don't pull out a gun and blow your brains out.

Edited by HavocWing

Look at what gangs have did to Detroit.

Edited by HavocWing

Umm, nope. Wrong. There are terrorists that don't fight governments, and don't care how a certain government conducts it's business. Those that do, are called "political terrorists"... there is a huge difference.

lol, wake up and look around. if you can see

If you aren't one of them, and happen to look at them the wrong way (even unintentionally, then they will break every bone in your body, and burn your house down without a second thought. If you're lucky enough they don't pull out a gun and blow your brains out.

That's B.S. As I stated, you obviously don't know any. You do obviously watch alot of TV. Do you have any response to the new thread I just posted about the danger of labeling people as terrorists???

That's B.S. As I stated, you obviously don't know any. You do obviously watch alot of TV. Do you have any response to the new thread I just posted about the danger of labeling people as terrorists???

I stated earlier in the topic that I grew up in the middle of the L.A. metro area, them very things I stated happen on a daily basis around there, gang members have earned themselves the label of terrorists. I looked at your topic, I believe in freedom, just not criminal freedom. They don't have the right to go around committing murder, or rape, or assault, or invading homes, or gang mobbing someone, or stealing.

The same laws that applies to the rest of us apply to them also. If they want to act like psychopaths and terrorists, then that is how they will be thought of.

Edited by HavocWing