Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A rain maker

markdohle

A rain maker

I saw a beautiful sight today; it is amazing how I can receive these gifts, just life, common, yet at times it seems that a window opens and I see something deeper there, a light, or a depth often overlooked by me.

I was in Kroger’s here at Conyers and as I was leaving I saw an old woman fussing over a young child, just showing delight and love and the child responded by lifting up its arms and allowing himself to be lifted up.

As I was leaving the parking lot, I saw the same elderly woman with two other women near the end of the parking lot, near the entrance, each had their arms around the other, just loving and enjoying each others company. As I was driving by I saw them release each other and all laughed with delight. I thought to myself, I am made for that, we are made for that, something so simple and pure, yet hard to achieve much of the time.

I suppose this woman could be what is called a ‘rain maker’, someone who can see into common situation and bring something creative and loving out of it.

Edited by markdohle
  • Like 1

That old woman reminds me of my grandmother with me. She always had plenty of love for me, don't know what I would of done without her.

• Like 1

I think this is easy to achieve, Mark, because, as you said, this is what we are made for. Sadly, many of us just don't think of doing it, because our minds are wrapped up in ourselves and our problems, or we're too busy expressing other emotions & feelings that seem much more important to us. Energy goes where attention flows. Really, how hard is it to give someone a hug or a smile or a cheerful good morning?

• Like 1

That old woman reminds me of my grandmother with me. She always had plenty of love for me, don't know what I would of done without her.

Yes I have family members just that.

peace

mark

I think this is easy to achieve, Mark, because, as you said, this is what we are made for. Sadly, many of us just don't think of doing it, because our minds are wrapped up in ourselves and our problems, or we're too busy expressing other emotions & feelings that seem much more important to us. Energy goes where attention flows. Really, how hard is it to give someone a hug or a smile or a cheerful good morning?

I think it can be hard to start, but once that happens usually what happens is beautiful and healing.

peace

mark