Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted Artifacts?

coriverson

I have small collection of arrowheads and some broken shards of pottery that I collected when I was a kid. I had most of my stuff in storage for a few years. Finally last year I got all of my stuff out of storage. I keep my artifacts in a 11 inch by 8 inch case which has a glass face. The case is about 3/4 in thick so it's too thick to support the artifacts which just tumble to the bottom if the case is ever elevated. I usually just keep it on the floor face down. When I got all my stuff into my new place there wasn't much room, so I just put the case under my bed.

I had them there for awhile. Then one night I was half asleep and I heard a strange sound that sounded like tapping/clicking but I was too tired to figure it out. The next day I just put it off that I was partially dreaming. The next time I heard it was in the early morning hour. I woke up about ten minutes before my alarm clock went off and I faintly heard the same sound. The last time I heard it I was reading and about ready to go to bed and distinctly heard the sound coming from under my bed. It just sounded like some of the pieces were rattling against the glass face. That was enough for me and I transferred my collection to the attic.

Hey coriverson, first off, welcome to the forums. :)

After reading your thread with interest, I feel that I have to relate my own story... from way back, in 1981.

I went to a local college and, needing more financial resources I went to work with the college on a 'work study program'. The archaeological program was shutting down and it was my task to record all the artifacts that were to be shipped out to a local university.

The guy in charge asked me if I had a problem with handling human remains, and I, of course, said 'heck no'.

After all the pipe stems, hair combs, arrowheads, bird points, etc. etc. had been packaged and shipped(it took a few weeks), the task remained to package 'the human remains'.

It just so happened that I went to work there on Halloween Night and, low and behold, a massive thunder and lightning storm ensued. I had to walk into the basement of this 1940's building to retrieve the 'artifacts'. It was a wooden upright cupboard, painted pink. I opened it up and methodically, from the lower shelf began to mark off and package the remains.

The remains, I add, are not the white bleached bones that I originally imagined. No, most were dirty, still with dried flesh and fragments of hair still attached. I worked up from the bottom of the cupboard with, I think, about 27 sets of bones to do.

I finally got up to the top shelf and pulled out one of the last sets of remains. The lightning flashed again, and as I pulled out the shelf (really, like a low edged cardboard beer flat) something rolled out from above me and, crouching, I caught it in my lap (before it shattered on the floor).

I had in my hands, a child's skull of about 5 or 8 years old. It seemed paper thin and a pop can footprint sized section of the upper skull looked like it had been punched in, with a blunt object.

That was one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

Long story short. Haunted artifacts? Who knows? Always, always, always treat them with respect and/or return them where to they belong.

• Like 1

Hey coriverson, first off, welcome to the forums. :)

After reading your thread with interest, I feel that I have to relate my own story... from way back, in 1981.

I went to a local college and, needing more financial resources I went to work with the college on a 'work study program'. The archaeological program was shutting down and it was my task to record all the artifacts that were to be shipped out to a local university.

The guy in charge asked me if I had a problem with handling human remains, and I, of course, said 'heck no'.

After all the pipe stems, hair combs, arrowheads, bird points, etc. etc. had been packaged and shipped(it took a few weeks), the task remained to package 'the human remains'.

It just so happened that I went to work there on Halloween Night and, low and behold, a massive thunder and lightning storm ensued. I had to walk into the basement of this 1940's building to retrieve the 'artifacts'. It was a wooden upright cupboard, painted pink. I opened it up and methodically, from the lower shelf began to mark off and package the remains.

The remains, I add, are not the white bleached bones that I originally imagined. No, most were dirty, still with dried flesh and fragments of hair still attached. I worked up from the bottom of the cupboard with, I think, about 27 sets of bones to do.

I finally got up to the top shelf and pulled out one of the last sets of remains. The lightning flashed again, and as I pulled out the shelf (really, like a low edged cardboard beer flat) something rolled out from above me and, crouching, I caught it in my lap (before it shattered on the floor).

I had in my hands, a child's skull of about 5 or 8 years old. It seemed paper thin and a pop can footprint sized section of the upper skull looked like it had been punched in, with a blunt object.

That was one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

Long story short. Haunted artifacts? Who knows? Always, always, always treat them with respect and/or return them where to they belong.

Oh wow. I would have been totally creeped out by that.

Oh wow. I would have been totally creeped out by that.

Oh believe me, it did!