Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DNA can't be recovered from dinosaurs

Still Waters

How do you think they made Stuart Little and G-Force?

Well anything can happen,on our T.V, we have talking dogs/meercats/elephants/and a whole lot more in the adverts,so its gotta be true.!

Indeed, in Jurassic Park they recovered from mosquitos in amber ;)

Sounds good in Hollywood, but is a similar scenario actually possible?

I remember reading something similar on UM a while ago, I just can't remember if there was any success.

well there is another way, how about re-engierneer dinosaur from they actual descendants?

Lol.. It's a known thing that DNA can't be recovered from Dinosaurs. Just for example, even though if they did clone a prehistoric animal successfully..They will kill it again.

Yeah...this is the sad truth. Many animals are killed off by humans. Dinosaurs would be no different.

It probably just as well. It is unlikely that any dinosaur could survive in the modern world. The O2 content is different, the temperatures and climate is different, their normal food sources are gone, the air and water are polluted, and they would have no resistance to modern diseases. Without being kept in a controlled, sterile environment, they would most likely not even survive the juvenile stage.

Somehow I get the feeling that creationist will see this as proof of a young earth as they have found dino dna. :w00t:

So we cant bring back the dinosaurs, that doesnt mean we cant try to save some species of animal that are on the brink of extinction or have recently gone extinct from sufficient samples of dna.

Edited by HawkLord

Mammoths are the most important animal to clone. The food and clothing they would provide would be critical for cold countries.

Seems like a big expense for something that sheep already provide...

And according to some people on UM the world is full of sheep. ;)

And according to some people on UM the world is full of sheep. ;)

No that would be sheeple. Sheep stand around in fields and go baaaa, sheeple hang out on forum boards and go baaah humbug :w00t:

• Like 1

No that would be sheeple. Sheep stand around in fields and go baaaa, sheeple hang out on forum boards and go baaah humbug :w00t:

Lol, looks like you know what I meant. :)