Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PETA Condemns Pokemon 'Animal Abuse'

Hasina

Not exactly true. Manhunt generated tons of controversy when it came out. It's just that witch-hunts against violent games are old-hat, just like anime and heavy metal. Pokemon hasn't grabbed the headlines for years either. besides PETA conveniently forgets that we are merely animals as well so we don't count.

• Like 1

PETA wish to ban Pokemon on the basis that it causes animal abuse but no press has been given to the graphic violence of countless games aimed at teenagers such as Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed & Grand Theft Auto and many many more all of which dull the line between reality and fiction for a number of vulnerable young people.

Dull the line? No.....

• Like 1

My post reads - Anyone who attempts to force beliefs on to others.. That does not say they actually do it...Attempting to do it and actually doing it are not quite the same..

Yes, I understand that. What I am saying is, as PETA can't actually force anyone to do anything, what does it matter how forcefully or otherwise they campaign? If people don't like it they can just ignore it. If people are happy with their own beliefs then they can simply ignore PETA. And if they are truly upset by what they see as PETA wasting funds that they feel could be used in a better way to help animals, then why not contact PETA and tell them that?

Alakazam's Pokedex entry

It has an IQ of 5000. It calculates many things in order to gain the edge in every battle.

They're intelligent beings, not animals. Arceus, the God Pokemon, created their world. Humans, at least postulate in the anime, are also 'Pokemon'.

And therein lies the true horror of Pokemon.

In the Pokeverse, every animal is a Pokemon, so what does everybody eat?

• Like 1

And Oija Oija, I was working as a Countryside Ranger, but now I'm not using my degree so much. I am planting lots of native wild trees and apple trees, and trying to rally local communities to come out and volunteer to make their local, highly deprived town just that wee bit nicer :) However it might come in handy for the badger survey training I'm about to undertake.

I imagine they squirm a lot when you pound in the stakes.

PETA almost makes me ashamed to be a vegetarian. I wouldn't join that gang of quixotic idiots for any reason.

• Like 1

PETA almost makes me ashamed to be a vegetarian. I wouldn't join that gang of quixotic idiots for any reason.

Would you consider contacting them and telling them how you feel? I live in the UK and PETA here doesn't get up to any of the antics that the US PETA does. Maybe the American PETA needs a bit of a wake-up call ....... they seem to get up the noses of a lot of people!

Pokemon.

• Like 1

Yes, I understand that.

If you fully understood my post, that in no way suggested that they did actually force and could force.. then there was no further points needed..

I support animal rights, but this is embarrassingly absurd. PETA took similar issue with the Tanooki suit in the Mario Brothers games.

If you fully understood my post, that in no way suggested that they did actually force and could force.. then there was no further points needed..

Then your original comment #74(and that of glorybebe #69), is meaningless.

Then your original comment #74(and that of glorybebe #69), is meaningless.

Is it indeed?..I sure wouldn't like anyone ( remember from my post you spoke of - anyone ) preaching and nagging about my beliefs and how wrong I am, or trying to get me to change my ways......I get enough of that from my religious mother and now sigh the mother in law...

Would you consider contacting them and telling them how you feel?

Do they have - So,our protests seem absurd and annoying to you...care to tell us why and we will gladly do something about it cards? ..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Are you saying that PETA has the power to change the name of a town?

They were demanding the town change it's name. Look up PETA under the search option...you will see how many hair-brained ideas they have come up with- DEMANDING that everyone else change to their way of thinking. When the serial killer Picton was on trial, PETA had rented billboards to show a picture of a dressed turkey = a picture of a woman. The calloussness of that kind of advertising and the hurt they caused the victim's family was horrific. Due to public outcry, the billboard company refused to allow the ad to go up. The calloussness of this one example is why most people look at them as a group of degenerates.

bad speller on my cell....ooops

Edited by glorybebe
  • Like 1

Even Betty White, of all people, criticizes PETA and says they play dirty.

• Like 3

The irony of all this is that there are more responses to this story about imaginary cartoon animals and the known hypocrites of PETA then to more serious articles on here about science, religion, exploration, etc. It is a funny story on one level but on another it's sad we are giving it any press.

I will say this, regarding anime and Japanese cartoons of all types, they do tend to go further (often a lot further!) then animation in other countries; torture, rape, and a whole host of things you (probably) don't even want to think about. But they also produce amazing pieces of art like Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle.

You guys are seriously missing the point. Obviously, Pokemon aren't real. But the fact that they're fictional and completely improbable is the very reason that they're destructive. With the colorful monsters and the magical powers, the games cement themselves in the minds of children (and gullible adults) and subconsciously, they begin to see it as alright. So in a million years, when modern science makes it possible to keep an elephant in a "pokeball" and walk it around with you, the descendants of those children and gullible adults will find no fault.

Just arguing PETAs point, since no one else seems to be doing it..

No one else is arguing petas point for they are a bunch of nosey fart brained boozooes and if your with them then you too fall into with them and as we all know no one needs to hear from them idiots.
  • Like 1

I used to watch the 3 stooges when I was a kid and eventually they said it was bad as it provoked violence in young children.

They also have real animals in the Pokemon universe. They eat those.

The pokedex often refers to certain Pokemon as a "mouse" pokemon. Or the "goldfish" Pokemon Meaning regular animal exist among the pokeverse. They cannot be captured in pokeballs and no one trains a chicken.

But in the wild Pokemon do eat other. And some lesser intelligent Pokemon who have less "human" emotions are sometimes eaten. Like slowbros tails are a delicacy. But its illegal most of the time. Even for the stupider slowbros. Whose name is based upon their low intelligence...

But in a Pokemon game you also save a bunch of slowpokes from an illegal tail harvesting operation.....

Edited by Kazoo
  • Like 1

Ok,first ,I love pokemon . I have Pikachus ,and charazards ,and squirtles ,in my car

Second,I hate PETA.They are hypocritical cretins.

We had a bunny emergency ,that actually made the news ,and dozens of us contacted them for help,but gosh,I guess bunnies don't get enough press for them .

They also kill 100s of animals on th sly ..they are nuts .,and yes,to work for them,in most positions,you must be vegan.

All that being said,loving pokemon as I do,I mentioned it to a very Bohemian pal,who has no political opinions .

She said to me,I hate it.The animals are slaves .They're kept in a tiny prison ,until they're allowed out to get beaten up .

It's actually close to dog fighting ,in theory .

That skewed how I looked at it after that . It can make it,seem right ,to a forming mind.

If my kids watched it ,I would explain its make believe for fun ,and confining animals ,just to fight ,is not true. It's make believe.

• Like 2