Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PETA Condemns Pokemon 'Animal Abuse'

Hasina

The PETA girls are hot; I am looking forward to one of their naked protests, this time with a stuffed Pokemon.

Ok,first ,I love pokemon . I have Pikachus ,and charazards ,and squirtles ,in my car

Second,I hate PETA.They are hypocritical cretins.

We had a bunny emergency ,that actually made the news ,and dozens of us contacted them for help,but gosh,I guess bunnies don't get enough press for them .

They also kill 100s of animals on th sly ..they are nuts .,and yes,to work for them,in most positions,you must be vegan.

PETA is directly responsible for thousands of animal's deaths due to their stupidity.

• Like 4

'Lone Voice' here: I support and approve of PETA. I think they're right to criticise the content of childrens' games. Posters here are saying the creatures are imaginary, which is obviously true, BUT ....... they(the posters), are not children! Young children can't always distinguish between what's real and what isn't, even when they say they CAN, if asked! Facts and falsehoods are all soaked up equally by young brains and no discrimination is applied.

I am a bit late coming into this topic, but.. umm no?

My kids loved pokemon, I never did.. they watched it on tv, played games, had the pokemon games and toys that were out at their time

All their friends were into it too..

Not any child I know of has thought of being abusive towards animals due to the show, we actually take in feral cats, get them fixed, shots.. and re release them.. the kittens we trap, tame.. find homes..

My now adult children are very loving towards animals. (though many may say no, because *ahem* I grew up in a hunting family, and we all eat rabbit and venison)

A tv show is not going to turn a child into an abuser. IF they are going to grow into abusers, there is most likely something inside them that no tv show is really going to stop or keep going.

People who abuse, usually are abused. Or them have some mental disorder of some kind or are just those pple hwo seem to have no concept of right or wrong, they just do not care.

A game like pokemon would mean nothing to them.

I think blaming music, tv and games is a very big cop out.

I mean I guess you could say that earlier abusers were abusive because of larry moe and curley?

What of abusers before them?

Peta is just out for attention, they think that any publicity is better than no publicity.

Not much different then politicians.

• Like 2

PETA is directly responsible for thousands of animal's deaths due to their stupidity.

Hey,you don't have to sell me .I purposely put 100s,despite my knowing its 1000s,because if I had said 1000s,one of my many "fans" on here,who all claim I'm dellusional ,would say I was lying ,exaggerating ,and misinformed ,like they always do .

So thank you for saying it in my stead .

• Like 1

Hasn't any one read Ingrid Newkirks will ?

That right there says it all .

Hold on .Let me find it

Here it is.

http://www.peta.org/features/Ingrid-Newkirks-Unique-Will.aspx

Read this,and tell me she's working with a full deck .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

The survey stakes.

What survey stakes? Think I'm missing something here.

Those zoophilies in PETA are obsessed with animal rights, they made the ASPCA and Humane Society of America appear more on the mainstream side of things. I want to come up towards a PETA member and tell them "I love animals too...they taste good, and wearing one of them shows my true love". I'm not for animal cruelty at all, the problem I have is PETA reacted towards a fictional cartoon show.

A tv show is not going to turn a child into an abuser. IF they are going to grow into abusers, there is most likely something inside them that no tv show is really going to stop or keep going.

People who abuse, usually are abused. Or them have some mental disorder of some kind or are just those pple hwo seem to have no concept of right or wrong, they just do not care.

I think blaming music, tv and games is a very big cop out.

Well put. Especially the comment I bolded. I always felt this way, blaming media was a cop out and a way to abdicate real responsibility.

I mean, it couldn't possibly be that a kid was abused or had some psychological issue that was most likely ignored so in order to avoid responsibility we'll just blame all the cartoons, movies, etc so we will never have to face reality.

Anyways..PETA should be dissolved if they cannot motivate themselves to attend to real problems in the real world but I guess it is easier to whine about a cartoon or game then it is to focus on real animal abuse that is going on in the real world.

• Like 2

I remember at least 2 episodes where pokemon went free of their own accord. A charazard that wanted to stay with a female charazard at a dojo or something and a butterfree who wanted to mate. Oh and Pikachu almost left Ash to stay with other Pikachus but loved Ash too much to leave him. It's been quite a while but I'm pretty sure that happened and it was imaginary.

• Like 3

'Alright Timmy, you're ten years old now, it's time to take your first Pokemon and explore the wild where elemental monsters live and can kill you in an instance. But friendship~'

• Like 1

This story isnt true at all. Even though Pokemon is based on capturing animals and SOME trainers Having them fight. Thats not even an overall aspect of the situation. Trainers catch already wild pokemon and try to find them a place in a sense of a fighting stance in a more orderly fashion, less it be a more evil stated character of the sorts. Pokemon Are able to leave there pokeballs if there will is strong enough. And Even the "professor" states that you can only hold 6 at a time and that you should do routinely changes, And they get to roam on free land Where it can be considerably HOSTILE in a way to be training them not to be fighting eachother. They have AUTO healing stuff. Apparently the foods are amazing, but what animal dosnt like to eat. An the pokeballs are like a hibernate state that most/some pokemon are aware of. I dont see Animal Cruelty in any sense. Come on Peta. We could go back to the times where everyone dis acknowledge the existence of animals.. Or maybe put into the sense of there equality for life liberty and pursuit of happiness.. We would still have Pokemon..

'Alright Timmy, you're ten years old now, it's time to take your first Pokemon and explore the wild where elemental monsters live and can kill you in an instance. But friendship~'

I think that would be in terms of.... Terrifying Fear, but your best bud is this pokemon we gave you for your survival.. Or at least it better be, We would hate to see you die or something... Family~ lol

This makes my sides hurt so much lol wow. Well what about zoo tycoon? I remember I spend endless hours trapping elephants in a giant cage with a bunch of lions....ha.

• Like 1

Survey of badgers for their protection. It's not interference. With more information and understanding we can maybe one day quash this notion that culling badgers is the answer to the bovine TB problem. Also badger-bating and killing go on, which are both highly amoral and illegal- this is a real issue against animal cruelty unlike the Pokemon issue. With survey and keeping tabs on the population we can then take steps to ensuring that these despicable acts are minimised. The training is to ensure that no badgers are interfered with :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220734/This-cruel-badger-cull-pointless--I-prove-says-Queen-guitarist-Brian-May.html

Some very interesting points in this article which show what a farce the culling of badgers is. The article shows how the British public has been mislead by the politicians(nothing new there!), and their opinions on the subject totally ignored.

PETA wages war on Pokemon for virtual animal cruelty

Pokemon has begun his struggle for freeman and liberation, fighting his trainers, doling out group hugs and going to protests... in PETA's alternate universe, that is.

The animal rights group has launched a campaign against Pokemon Black and White 2, saying that the game condones animal cruelty and that its creatures are treated like abused animals.

"The amount of time that Pokemon spend stuffed in pokeballs is akin to how elephants are chained up in train carts, waiting to be let out to 'perform' in circuses," PETA wrote on its Web site. "But the difference between real life and this fictional world full of organized animal fighting is that Pokémon games paint rosy pictures of things that are actually horrible."

Source: http://news.cnet.com...animal-cruelty/

:rolleyes: they can be so weird!