Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mexicans confirm that they killed Top Zeta

jugoso

On Tuesday, the Mexican navy said fingerprints confirmed that it had killed him in a shootout last weekend. But before the government could even begin to celebrate such an important victory in its battle against the drug cartels, officials learned that an armed gang had invaded a funeral home and snatched the body.

The embarrassing turn of events left a raft of unanswered questions, including: How do you identify a body if there is no body?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-mexico-zetas-20121010,0,4402520.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fnews%2Fnationworld%2Fworld+%28L.A.+Times+-+World+News%29

The scenario sounds all too familiar

Mexico's attorney general said today that the government was investigating whether a man shot to death on Feb. 10 in the resort town of Mazatlán was Ramón Arellano Félix, one of the world's leading cocaine kingpins.

The body has disappeared, the authorities said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/23/world/mexican-puzzle-is-missing-body-a-most-wanted-drug-kingpin.html

Uh...fingerprints? Just because they do not currently possess his remains doesn't mean they didn't print them first. If someone wants to push a line of reasoning that because his body isn't there he isn't dead - well, I guess that doesn't harm anyone. I'm amazed that they didn't expect such a thing earlier and plan for it.

Yeah not seeing the issue. They had possession of the body, they've already done some of the identification process. The gang then stole the body, which just builds on the case that someone very important was killed. It's not like they were going to take the body out on tour to show everyone.

Anyway good on the Mexicans for killing the dirtbag.

Uh...fingerprints? Just because they do not currently possess his remains doesn't mean they didn't print them first. If someone wants to push a line of reasoning that because his body isn't there he isn't dead - well, I guess that doesn't harm anyone. I'm amazed that they didn't expect such a thing earlier and plan for it.

They absolutely should have which makes it all more suspicious that he wasn´t better protected considering his rank. If you look at the second article I posted you can see that this should certainly be expected

Yeah not seeing the issue. They had possession of the body, they've already 1done some of the identification process. The gang then stole the body, which just 2,builds on the case that someone very important was killed. It's not like they were going to take the body out on tour to show everyone.

Anyway good on the Mexicans for killing the dirtbag.

1.Yeah....the fingerprints but that´s it. Pay off a couple of Navy dudes to say they took them off the body and the guy is now officially dead with no one looking for him anymore.

2. Or doesn´t allow for any other identification procedures like DNA for example.

• Like 1

That's kind of looking for a conspiracy theory. Unless the guy shows up alive in the next week or so I think it's safe to say he's taking a dirt nap.

• Like 1

Even if they DID kill him, what difference does it make?

They put Lehderer in prison, killed Escobar and dozens of other "kingpins", and nothing has changed.

The War On Drugs is really nothing but a hoax on the taxpayers who pay for the nonsense.

• Like 1

Even if they DID kill him, what difference does it make?

They put Lehderer in prison, killed Escobar and dozens of other "kingpins", and nothing has changed.

The War On Drugs is really nothing but a hoax on the taxpayers who pay for the nonsense.

It reminds me of the Hydra, cut off one head and seven more grow to take its place.

• Like 1

That's kind of looking for a conspiracy theory. Unless the guy shows up alive in the next week or so I think it's safe to say he's taking a dirt nap.

Guilty as charged although I feel I was more like pointing out the possibility. When top-ranking drug kingpins are killed, their identity should be positively identified to an extent where there is no doubt. Otherwise it´s ripe for abuse. Being so highly sought after gives one good motivation to want to disappear. A great way to get everyone to stop looking for you is to be crossed off their lists. And if by some remote possibility this was staged, I wouldn´t expect to be hearing from him anytime soon.

• Like 2