Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exact spot where Julius Caesar was stabbed

Still Waters

Several ancient Roman texts describe the murder of Julius Caesar in 44 BC as the result of a plot by a group of senators to kill the general. Now, 2,056 years later, a team from the National Research Council (CSIC) of Spain have located the exact spot where Caesar was stabbed to death.

A concrete structure three metres wide and more than two metres high had been constructed at the murder spot by the order of Octavian (Ausgustus), who, as the adoptive son of Caesar, assumed the title of Divi Filius (son of a god) and was soon to be the first Emperor of Rome.

Finding the structure confirms that Caesar was stabbed right at the bottom of the Curia of Pompey while sitting in a chair at a meeting of the Senate. Today the remains of this building are located in the archaeological area of Torre Argentina, in the historic centre of the Italian capital.

http://www.pasthoriz...sar-was-stabbed

• Like 1

Been there - there's a cat rescue shelter right next to it and there are easily a few hundred feral cats living in the ruins.

Really cool if you can stand the smell of cat p***.

That is great to find the place he was stabbed. EWWWWWW cat p***

..it says: " Caesar was stabbed right at the bottom of the Curia " .. i thought he was stabbed in the chest.

:D .. seriously ? good find.

..it says: " Caesar was stabbed right at the bottom of the Curia " .. i thought he was stabbed in the chest.

:D .. seriously ? good find.

Well, the chest, the stomach, the arm, the shoulder, the neck, and the Curia. Curia is Latin for "left butt cheek."

That's not true. I made that up.

The article is really interesting. I spent quite awhile studying both the photo and the floor plan in the hopes of finding the spot on the photo, but I confess I couldn't figure it out. The comments were kind of helpful, but still...I'm not sure.

Mmm, I love the smell of cat p*** in the morning. Smells like victory.