Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious hum reported in Mt Victoria

Big Bad Voodoo

Reminds me of an insult an old mate of mine used to use all the time.

Hum on my balls

like suck on this....HAARP has all the power..........???? man is god......... beware...eh??? the illuminati can create tsunamis seriously do you believe that shizness that man is all powerful?

Edited by araxia

The job I do now on our main state highway is best achieved on night-shift, when traffic is minimal,until the wee hours of the morning.The work is by no means humdrum, :yes: it is interesting however that our water sucker/cutter machine we use creates a consistently LOUD hum/drone when in operation and moves at a constant slow pace, powered by two unrelentless American diesel engines! It is very continuous and would definitely be perceived as an annoying and UNEXPLAINED HUM sound over a few kilometres. Just as early morning traffic sleepishly begins to build we pack up our site and the mysterious hum leaves with us, we were never there :whistle: BUT we will return!

The job I do now on our main state highway is best achieved on night-shift, when traffic is minimal,until the wee hours of the morning.The work is by no means humdrum, :yes: it is interesting however that our water sucker/cutter machine we use creates a consistently LOUD hum/drone when in operation and moves at a constant slow pace, powered by two unrelentless American diesel engines! It is very continuous and would definitely be perceived as an annoying and UNEXPLAINED HUM sound over a few kilometres. Just as early morning traffic sleepishly begins to build we pack up our site and the mysterious hum leaves with us, we were never there :whistle: BUT we will return!

Yeah, that might have been a source for some sleepless people hearing it at night, but most of the cases with people hearing the Hum is that they hear it always, no matter where they are. One guy was taken down an old mine several hundred feet underground, and he heard it there as well, but now it was even louder and penetrating.

There has been, the past year or so, a fad about these alien/doomsday-trumpet or bang sounds people over the world claim to have heard. Most of them are probably hoaxed, but some might actually be some kind of heavy machinery working in the vicinity or similar. The larger booms could be actual earth crust displacement on lower levels.

Here is a few clips of these sounds>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1IseSpJGdU

This clip is one of the bizarre ones. Sounds like some abyssal scream echoing over the sky.

More of a machinery sound.

Here is the story around it>>

Tallahassee Florida, 3-09-2011.. Around
on.

What is this noise??? We thought for sure it was a Tornado, But it never changed it's position, and it lasted for well over 20 minutes or so... It was Soooo Loud, and it was shaking the house and the ground.

I called 911, They said they didnt know what it was, But that there were MANY calls coming in about the noise. They said they were sending patrols out to check it out...

There was a Flash of light that came from the same direction of the noise, then the noise just faded away. It was a relief obviously, I still thought it may have been a Tornado, But it also wasn't making any sense to me. We even put the kids in the bathtub and put a mattress over them just in case.

I called the News Station also, They told me it wasn't a Tornado, And that the police had told them to tell people it was an airplane revving it's engine at the airport. I live 4 miles from the airport, And I have lived here for 20 years, I have never heard an An airplane rev its engine at the airport, that was just insanity.

So when the noise was over, we drove down to the airport and stopped at a gas station nearby, They said they didnt hear anything. So it was not coming from that direction!

AND, on the 11 o'clock news that night, the weather man made a comment about all the calls that had come in about the noise, He said, Dont worry, It wasn't a Tornado, and it was confirmed that it WASN'T an Airplane, ALL You were hearing was THUNDER!!!..

If anyone has ever heard Thunder that was anything like that, Please let me know. It is just so Strange to me that the Stories kept changing.. Like we are stupid or something and dont know what Thunder sounds like.

Anyway, I Dont Know What it was.. But if you have any clue at all, Please do tell

Also, Very strange how after the Flash of light there was no thunder, the noise actually stopped.

Oh, and the NASA Space shuttle Discovery had already landed in south Florida about 5 hours earlier that day. It wouldn't have hovered for 20 minutes anyway, But just saying.

I had to load this video in a lesser format so that it would upload... If i can find out how to do a higher quality I will.

[media=]

Some from Spain. This one sounds a bit suspicious though.

Some heavy machinery sound from Denmark

[media=]

This one is some "horns" from Brazil.

That one made me think of this sound>>

[media=]

So I think a few of these clips floating around are a bit "inspired" so to speak.

At least those `lone-guy-on-a-balcony-filming´ ones.

I remember reading about a Hum that was occasionally happening near an industrial area. Apparently turned out to be large cooling fans giving off a tone.

Here it is:

In the case of Kokomo, Indiana, a city with heavy industries, the origin of the hum was thought to have been traced to two sources. The first was a pair of fans in a cooling tower at the local DaimlerChryslercasting plant emitting a 36 Hz tone. The second was anair compressor intake at the Haynes International plant emitting a 10 Hz tone.[16][17]

http://en.wikipedia....um#Explanations

Apparently some hums are associated with volcanic activity and under water waves colliding. There is also certain sand dunes that give off a hum, so there seems to be a fair few possibilities. Still strange though.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/10/121024140250.htm

http://coupmedia.org/the-electric-universe-1201

Edited by DKO

No big deal.

It's just a giant worm eating through our planet. :passifier:

SHAI-HALUD!!

We thank it's coming and going forvit's passing shalll cleanse the world! (spits on the ground).

The only thing that has a happen since 1997 when these sounds started being heard is the ice breaking up in the artics.

The name was given because the sound slowly decreases in frequency over about 7 minutes. The sound was detected at

17px-WMA_button2b.png WikiMiniAtlas

15°S 115°W / 15°S 115°W / -15; -115. It was recorded using an autonomous hydrophone array.[1] The sound has been picked up several times each year since 1997.[2] One of the hypotheses on the origin of the sound is moving ice in Antarctica. Sound spectrograms of friction closely resemble the spectrogram of the Slow Down. This suggests the source of the sound could be a friction phenomenon of ice rubbing over land.[2]

http://en.wikipedia....dentified_sound)

Edited by docyabut2

Ugh... Whatever it is, I'm so thankful I can't hear it.

I'm so sensitive to sound, especially that low base type, it would make me insane in a matter of days. Its all I can do to ignore these effing idiots that drive with music loud enough for a stadium, until they pass out of hearing range.

So annoying. :(

I feel badly for the people that are experiencing this noise. I've been hearing about it for years, that is was sounds, a certain type of fish's mating hum, a type of toad, etc. but no fixes. I would move our of the area.

You just described a medical condition called TINNITUS. It usually is associated with some level of hearing damage. I've had it since I was a teen. Loud music and guns :( Anyway, it's annoying and I can't sleep without some source of "white noise" in the room that masks it.

I first had TMJ then got this TINNITUS thing, I don't mind the constant beeping ringing sound in my ears these days, it actually feels like I'm sleeping on a spaceship or something. It's the stuffiness of the ears that annoys me, I sometimes feel like i'm underwater or just surfaced. Every now and then my ear will 'pop', and it's honestly the best feeling ever.