Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Radar

Indrid

In GRCApp, populateWords() picks your words the "ghost" says using:

Random random = new Random();
int l = random.nextInt(2130);
activeWordsIndices[l];

"Bwah bwah bwah bwaaaaah!" (<- also known as the "sad trombone").

• Like 1

Is now curious to see what Sean has to say about this now :)

will he admit he was fooled and sucked in..

probably not..

• Like 2

Apparently I fail at using pastebin, so you can find the wordlist here, too.

Thanks so much for your post!!! I was too lazy to look into the code myself, but now we can point any ghost app believers to this thread!

Cheers!

So it's essentially a random number generator that produces random output based upon a pre-generated list of words.

Surprise, surprise...

Excellent technical forensic work BTW.

LOL well i wasnt fooled at all..you see cause i told you before i "KNOW" it works..and no pseudo science description of how the app works is gonna steer me otherwise..and this isnt because im ignorant and in denial..its through experiences that are undeniable in my book. after getting into the paranormal over the last 2 years and playing with this app and the ovilus which is the same concept as ghost radar but uses the senors on the phone to do that same thing practically..do you guys not believe in the ovilus either?lol..well ive started to experience being a sensitive and have had psychic things happen to me that without a doubt correlate with ghost radar..for instance hearing a british couple having a conversation while trying to dose off to sleep..woke up and looked at my phone to see what time it is..and ghost radar had just said british...one time i was at a gf of mines house and she was telling her friend about how im into ghosts and said i was starting to hear spirits and about ghost radar..so it was on in front of her and i was like "well for example i just heard the word water" at the SAME EXACT TIME ghost radar said the word "WATER"..i hear words all the time then i see it says it on the phone right after...i have SO many stories like this and this is only through experience and being open to the possibility of spirits and of these things working..obviously people in the paranormal field know spirits can manipulate electronics..switch lights off..taken energy from batteries ..cameras..etc whatever..so spirits find out a way how to make the "ovilus" or "ghost radar " app be manipulated to say one of the words that is in your lovely word list you mentioned that is on ghost radar..now im waiting for the new version of ghost radar connect to come out on my droid phone it is only out for iphones now..but i had told the creator to make an option to add an infinite amount of words to its wordlist by its user so the skeptics will be more thinned and experiences will widen which is an option on ghost radar connect..cause you see ghost radar is limited to about 2100 words i believe..and say there is a spirit around ..who says they want to speak to you or entertain you with communicating with you in your home..so theoretically if there was 10 spirits in a room having conversations and ghost radar does work and picks up one word out of one sentence from a spirit who isnt even talking to you and on top of it limited to a dictionary of words..you do the math.what im probably saying with all this is as useless as a fart in a tornado lol..cause most skeptics are more worried about disproving rather than giving it a chance and living with it and experimenting with it for months at a time..but you believe what you want to believe and i will believe what i believe..but the only way to find out is through experiences and experiments with evps..induced with patience and diligence

• Like 1

HA and scowl funny you should say that....cause i believe skeptics use two common flaws in their perception as well : ignoring positive results and focusing too much on negative results to debunk them!

you would rather disprove such a thing then to embrace it lol..i mean cmon you even said yourself who would believe in a device to detect something we havent even proven yet exists..wonder where your heads at about THIS SUBJECT LOL

• Like 1

Ya know, with that pseudo science I can get a ghost to invade my computer and tell everyone "Hello World" too :)

It's programming, no pseudo science involved unless the code writer writes it in. Ghost Radar is just a nice bit of code with a nice algorithm written in.

Edited by rashore
  • Like 2

and no pseudo science description of how the app works is gonna steer me
What was 'pseudo-scientific' the explanation of how the app works?

The person who reverse engineered the code clearly knows what they are doing and it's there for everyone to see that it's just a glorified random number generator.

• Like 1

lol however that app may work somehow spirits can manipulate it to say the word they say..i dont know the scientific reasoning for it..not even close...but to me it works without a doubt..n like i said you guys can believe what you want to believe and i wlll do the same..everyone has a right to their beliefs..when it comes to the supernatural and the paranormal..we dont have the answers in the science world yet for anything spiritual..since science has what proven they only know 26 % of what goes on around us on this planet?

thats why its called the "unexplained" and we learn from weird experiences and "unexplainable" situations by experimenting with them in places where you have a best chance to either debunk it or prove this app might actually work or any other thing that doesnt make sense in the science field that could be paranormal..rather then just looking up how the app works and presenting it on the page for people to "scowl" at and laugh at..no pun intended..cause there is wayy too many experiences with the ovilus and ghost radar to debunk them so easily..the answer isnt always in science..because science can only prove up until what it knows ..not what it doesnt know yet..the world was flat a while back i think science said didnt it? cough cough lol

• Like 1

The fact is that the 'Ghost Radar' app will produce 'ghosts' whether there are ghosts there or not. The code specifically says that based upon a random number generator, it will detect a 'ghost', give it a random location on the radar and give you random words from a pre-generated list.

This is an app that has been proven to tell you there is a ghost somewhere in your vicinity and tell you what the ghost is saying, regardless of whether or not there is a ghost there.

How do you trust a tool for detecting ghosts when it has been designed to randomly tell you there is a ghost there even in the complete absence of ghosts? Because that was this app has just been proven to do.

• Like 3

lol... nooooo, it's ghosts making words and blips on a device. And gremlins run through internet lines carrying data in bags of holding, and demons are little actors in youtube videos that perform on command. All those fake ghost photos? no, those are real, because the ghosts like to be seen and are OK with whatever image we use just so they can be seen where they want to be.

All this stuff is paranormal, none of it is based in hard technology and code and programming. :yes: Everything can be infiltrated by ghosts don't you know....

I know, I'm a poo.. Maybe I'm just so snarky about Ghost Radar because I have a clue about programming and code. My hubby does it for a living, and he really enjoys sharing all his stuff with me. Reverser nailed it. :clap:

• Like 3

If spirits can manipulate the electronics of tablet computers, then they don't need an app designed to say they exist even if they don't.

There is nothing about this app that enables it to detect ghosts, there is merely a glorified random number generator app with "ghost" in the title. Why would ghosts either deliberately or accidentally communicate via this random number generator app instead of MS Word, or the Gmail email composer window or Twitter, etc.

Just why exactly would a ghost show up via a random number generator and not via an open text editor?

• Like 1

LOL well i wasnt fooled at all..you see cause i told you before i "KNOW" it works..

you assume it works..

and no pseudo science description of how the app works is gonna steer me otherwise

ok its not pseudo science (what you do is) its actually programing..

in my book

Cool your writing a book.. it will be a interesting bit of fiction..

but the only way to find out is through experiences and experiments with evps..induced with patience and diligence

Been there done that.. through some of the supposedly most haunted places in western australia.. and guess what I got.. nothing.. no evp's.. no 'orbs'.. no strange feelings.. nothing..

HA and scowl funny you should say that....cause i believe skeptics use two common flaws in their perception as well : ignoring positive results and focusing too much on negative results to debunk them!

Show me one positive result that proves beyond doubt..

cant can you..

not what it doesnt know yet..the world was flat a while back i think science said didnt it?

actually that is a modern day misconception.. kinda like.. ghost radar working.. a modern day believers misconception..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

• Like 2

If you had ever taken a college-level course on statistics then you'd know how to weight positive and negative results properly so they would give you the most correct conclusion. If you don't do this, experimental results often lead to an error called Confirmation Bias.

• Like 2

If you had ever taken a college-level course on statistics then you'd know how to weight positive and negative results properly so they would give you the most correct conclusion. If you don't do this, experimental results often lead to an error called Confirmation Bias.

Not to make a case either way but "random" under quantum level EXPERIMENTS IN A LABORATORY (ie two slits) doesn't really exist. Everything in the universe is smeared across a sea of probabilities with nothing definitely happening until some conscious entity takes observance of it. FACT.

Also, I friggin LOVE the song haha

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sean, I've also had good results with perfect time responses! I'm not here to change anyone's mind ... but I know it works.

• Like 1

Sean, I've also had good results with perfect time responses! I'm not here to change anyone's mind ... but I know it works.

Well, that's convincing.
  • Like 1

clearly you just assume it works with out researching how it works.

Translation: You think it works by..

tumblr_inline_mgyf58tlS91re0jxj.gif

• Like 3

It's a damn computer program. Hopefully one day you'll realize this and feel silly.

Edit: Please do us a favor and read post #15: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235670&st=15#entry4639609

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 1

Sad sad sad world, sometimes I feel like the general populace hasn't really evolved much from the dark ages when "magic" was highly considered "real" because those with scientific know-how were far and few between.

People today know how to operate the technology in front of them, but it doesn't seem to go much deeper than say using a spoon. I can't believe people with their full faculties, especially anyone that has read the detailed post explaining exactly what the coding is doing here, would think this works.

Insane actually. I mean even if you know the code, it would stand to reason, that if somebody could build a ghost radar to detect ghosts, they would need a solid, first hand understanding of what ghosts are and how they function.

• Like 1

People today know how to operate the technology in front of them, but it doesn't seem to go much deeper than say using a spoon. I can't believe people with their full faculties, especially anyone that has read the detailed post explaining exactly what the coding is doing here, would think this works.

Back in the 70's and 80's when we were taught that ESP was a "scientific fact" due to some very uncontrolled experiments, we were also taught that this "quantum physics" stuff might be an explanation of a long list of things people wanted to understand or believe in... time travel, parallel universes, remote viewing, extraterrestrial communication, and how our minds work.

One film of an uncontrolled experiment showed a row of lights flashing randomly in response to some undescribed quantum events, then they showed a random subject attempting to make the lights flash in a clockwise motion by concentrating... and succeeding! So there we had it: absolute undeniable proof that our minds could control what should be entirely random quantum events! Anyone who saw this and wasn't completely convinced was an idiot. I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw this and expected to be able to change the channel on my TV set with the power of my mind in a few years.

I don't know what was really happening in this film (it's probably on YouTube somewhere) but paranormal study was full of fraud back then and "scientists" who reported extraordinary results got a lot more funding than those who couldn't reproduce the results.

• 2 weeks later...

It's for fun mostly . I cannot speak for its legitimacy as far as showing ghostly positions,but as far as the random words go ,when you DL it,it says everything the app has access to ,and that's pretty much everything in your phone .

It's like the smart advertisements we get now. It knows what we look at on line ,what we text etc,so the random words are a no brainer .

There's another radar app that actually shows EMF levels. I like that one better.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

well you have a right to your opinion and i feel sorry for you guys not to experience these things...getting into the paranormal over the last few years ive become a sensitive..i hear the words before they even appear on the app or the ovilus all the time...once i was talking to girl about the paranormal and how the ghost radar works ..i then told her how ive started to become a sensitive and can hear spirits..and i went and said for example i just heard the word "water" at the same dam time the ghost radar said the word with me like it was out of a microphone..the girl flipped..ive had NUMEROUS experiences with it like that...now there is the "ghost radar connect" and ive been helping the developer of ghost radar to add features that will improve and increase experiences..one of them now is you can add an infinite amount of words to its dictionary..you see spirits are limited with what they can say with the vocabulary it has built in it...now ive said before to other skeptics is.. what if theoretically the ghost radar works..and your in a room full of 30 spirits...then this device picks up "one word" from one sentence of one random spirit..and who says it is even trying or want to talk to you??..by increasing its dictionary it closes that gap more and more..since ive downloaded the new version ive been CONSTANTLY putting in new words and 2 or 3 word common phrases that people say..now ive had CRAZY 10 times the amount of experiences with it now..for example..my sister walked into my room the other night and my ghost radar was on...it went and said "your sister" then "shoot"..my sister was like whoah..she just had gotten back from shooting darts at the bar...the other night i was at letchworh village a very haunted abandoned asylum...on the 3rd floor we started to hear footsteps and bangs...it then stopped for 2 min..so we asked "if that was you making a noise can you make a sound again?" we then heard a bang...ghost radar then said

"can you hear me now" ..so in the end you believe what you want to believe and i will do as well..no need to condescend with sarcasm on our belief in something...though it is skeptics like all of you that make people out there try even harder to prove their beliefs in the paranormal..with the chance of one day where we can all believe in the samething