Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Take a Quantum Leap

the-Unexpected-Soul

just how amazing the universe act on the very small sizes

a tiny particle of light can act as only a particle and it might act as a wave, and that may depend on if you looking at it or not

so just by observing you can change the realty of the universe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MowgKI24Sq0&feature=related

what if an animal was looking at it?

i think it work even if you are observing it through a machine

the double slit experiment explain this

random question but if you set the experiment to happen at random, in the space of a week, month or year so yo dont know its happening, will it still be observed?

should this not be proof of intelligent design or at least proof of the bodys heart electromagnetic field.

should this not be proof of intelligent design or at least proof of the bodys heart electromagnetic field.

No. Unfortunately, reporting on the subject of entanglement or ``quantum spookiness'' often elevates the status of the observer.

In the double slit experiment, for example, if I set my detector to measure which slit the electrons/photons pass through I will destroy the interference pattern. This does not happen because I, a ``conscious observer'', am witnessing the event. Rather this happens because in order to measure which slit the electrons/photons passed through the detection device needs to have a very local field: i.e., it needs to interact with the electron/photon at the location of one or both slits.

This interaction is what destroys entanglement, not my personal observation.

The interference pattern would be destroyed by the detector even if the detector sent the data of which slit the electron/photon passed through directly to the garbage bin.

Conscious observation is not important in Quantum mechanics. Any entangled state may be broken without any conscious interference, but in that case it is often called decoherence.

• Like 1

random question but if you set the experiment to happen at random, in the space of a week, month or year so yo dont know its happening, will it still be observed?

That is what your detector is doing.

This does not happen because I, a ``conscious observer'', am witnessing the event. Rather this happens because in order to measure which slit the electrons/photons passed through the detection device needs to have a very local field: i.e., it needs to interact with the electron/photon at the location of one or both slits.
Conscious observation is not important in Quantum mechanics. Any entangled state may be broken without any conscious interference, ...

I wish the word "observer" had never been used in explaining events on the quantum scale. It's misleading.