Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Huntsman spider seen on customer's back

Still Waters

A cafe waitress was shocked when she saw a giant spider the size of a 'tennis ball' crawling on a customer’s back.

The four inch long Huntsman spider had unwittingly been brought back by the customer in his luggage after a recent trip to Australia.

Waitress Sian Ward, whose aunts run The Granary cafe in the Welsh border town of Hay on Wye, said the spider was ‘hairy and the size of a tennis ball.’

http://www.dailymail...ralia-coat.html

• Like 1

That is a big spider. Looks sort of like a wolf spider.

Headline:

Waitress's terror as she sees Huntsman spider

Article:

But despite its size she said she was not worried because she regularly has to deal with spiders in the cafe as all the other staff are afraid of them

Usual brilliant reporting skills by the Daily Fail...... :whistle:

• Like 1

Haven't seen one of these in a good while, they are actually quite harmless little guys. Usually just hang around in the corner on the ceiling and catch little insects. They usually release sprays through the air conditioners, surprised this one survived that.

You'd think the customer would have felt that. ew

Oh my....If I saw one of these I would pass out lol, even the smallest spider sends chills down my spine. :(

Yeesh. Harmless or not, I like my spiders where i can see them and not hanging out on my back unknowingly. A friend of mine was in Australia years ago and had one fall out from behind the visor when he pulled it down. I hate when spiders do that!