Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Identifying how people steal your energy

Professor T

And if science is the end all explanation that you need to justify everything in the universe then we can stop right here, as science is incapable of measuring anything of our subjective universe.

Again with the science? Scholarly studies of all types are equally important to me as are physical scientific studies. A cursory look into Tantric practices will help you understand energy as it has been understood for millenium.

You claim energy has been measured and understood as opposed to matters such as God - if not by science, then by what tools? And how is that to be extrapolated as "understood" if not independently verifiable.

I'm not an advocate of prayer and see summoning and prayer as two entirely different things.

I see prayer as a "lost" magical art. It has become rote recitations or simple wish-making.

Prayer originally was a process of concentrated visualization, combined with emotional and mental energy, properly grounded to the physical through proper vocalization.

The spoken Word became in essence praying, this was first understood by the ancient Egyptians in the way of Affirmations and made manifest in (Heka) vibrational magic. Efforts were made to align sound with the principles of a cosmic order (natural ordering of the universe) which perhaps could be seen as a LOGOS, the dialog with that part of your Self that has the ability to create any condition you need or desire.

The invocation within a prayer unites our meditative state of consciousness with the power of the Word and our innate force of Will.

I would be the last to argue that there is a difference between the power of the word or mantra and what is commonly referred to as prayer, nonetheless the ritual and purpose of mass is to provide the opportunity for the intended use of prayer to be manifest.

You're finally starting to see it my way :wub:

No, I cannot see the sense in being a self proclaimed energy thief - that's just the Ego doing it's thing, nothing to see.

Did I say I "see' them? Where did I say that, or is this just one thing you are assuming I believe and stated?

Sense them then, "perceive" them if you wish, however what you sense/perceive and what you believe about the nature of what you sense may not be at all related. Your position is entirely subjective on the nature of this energy you utilise and take from others, it is no more than your opinion and therefore will attract opposing opinions.

LOL, bring that up at the next Shaman party you go to.

Wait ... is that something you have assumed about me? Not a shaman and nothing I have said could possibly have suggested I am.

• Like 3

You claim energy has been measured and understood as opposed to matters such as God - if not by science, then by what tools? And how is that to be extrapolated as "understood" if not independently verifiable.

I would be the last to argue that there is a difference between the power of the word or mantra and what is commonly referred to as prayer, nonetheless the ritual and purpose of mass is to provide the opportunity for the intended use of prayer to be manifest.

No, I cannot see the sense in being a self proclaimed energy thief - that's just the Ego doing it's thing, nothing to see.

Sense them then, "perceive" them if you wish, however what you sense/perceive and what you believe about the nature of what you sense may not be at all related. Your position is entirely subjective on the nature of this energy you utilise and take from others, it is no more than your opinion and therefore will attract opposing opinions.

Wait ... is that something you have assumed about me? Not a shaman and nothing I have said could possibly have suggested I am.

Sorry, I'd love to answer your questions here but alas I am "Aloof" and shant be wasting the time & effort of all the experienced experts on energy use here.

It was enjoyable discussing and debating (at times it wasn't) for the most part, I truly hope some of you learned something and perhaps I provided an impetus to go research and experience this phenomenon yourself.

Diablous Beatus

EM

Control Dramas..

How people control others when they need to be controlled or want to get their own way?

http://www.stopthero....com/Drama.html

These are the 4 ways people steal your energy.

1. POOR ME

The “Poor Me” is a passive-aggressive and the most secretly manipulative of the four styles. This person will portray a false sense of being a victim in order to appeal to another person’s compassion, guilt or obligation through the manipulation of their sympathies.

2. ALOOF

The “Aloof” is just a less passive and manipulative than the “Poor Me,” but more secretive. The “Aloof” approach is to create a vagueness and facade around themselves, forcing an undeserved investment of energy to gain information, commitment and emotion which should normally be shared in a straight-up, direct way.

3. INTERROGATOR

More aggressive but less manipulative than the two passive-secretive types, the “Interrogator” uses this style of drama by evaluating and asking questions with the specific purpose of finding something wrong or corrupt.

4. INTIMIDATOR

“Intimidators” are the most aggressive of the four types. Their presence is well stated and felt and there is a threatening air of danger conveyed from them. They are unpredictable and can threaten, use harsh words and abusive actions uncontrollably. They will demonstrate a capacity for rage or violence.

Also,

If both your parents are Intimidators or Interrogators chances are, you are a Poor me or Aloof.

If both your parent are Poor Me's or Aloof, chances are, you are an Intimidator or Interrogator.

This is from the book "The Celestine Prophecy"

So, discuss...

i don't think there are enough 'categories'. there is too much grey area in some respects to these definitions. are they more defined in the book?

(i actually think i have a copy of the celestine prophecy somewhere in my library but i haven't read it)

i don't think there are enough 'categories'. there is too much grey area in some respects to these definitions. are they more defined in the book?

(i actually think i have a copy of the celestine prophecy somewhere in my library but i haven't read it)

The book only in a very basic way defines these four control dramas, aparently there are other books, but I've not read them.. I think though, that the trouble with writing a whole list of definitions regarding energy and identifying it is that everyone seems to percieve energy differently.. Someone might be able to write whole chapters on Energy percieved as light, or colour, but that would be meaningless for someone like myself who percieves it (when I'm able) as a magnetic or gravity feeling force.

I do think there are other ways of stealing peoples energy though, or manipulating others into investing your energy into them, but as I'm not always energy aware, so it's hard to tell..

I think the four Control Dramas as basically it as far as using drama to manipulate.. it's something that mostly everyone uses on each other but for the most part aren't aware of.. I'm pretty sure there are forms of trickery too, brain washing people to percieve a need to give up energy, but need to give that some more thought..

Energy dumping is a new one I wasn't aware of till a few days ago..

Exactly who is this "stoptherobbery" person? What book are you talking about?

I can't find anything on that site except moronic, new age, false products.

Are you basing this entire thread on some idiot's advertising campaign?

The book only in a very basic way defines these four control dramas, aparently there are other books, but I've not read them.. I think though, that the trouble with writing a whole list of definitions regarding energy and identifying it is that everyone seems to percieve energy differently.. Someone might be able to write whole chapters on Energy percieved as light, or colour, but that would be meaningless for someone like myself who percieves it (when I'm able) as a magnetic or gravity feeling force.

I do think there are other ways of stealing peoples energy though, or manipulating others into investing your energy into them, but as I'm not always energy aware, so it's hard to tell..

I think the four Control Dramas as basically it as far as using drama to manipulate.. it's something that mostly everyone uses on each other but for the most part aren't aware of.. I'm pretty sure there are forms of trickery too, brain washing people to percieve a need to give up energy, but need to give that some more thought..

Energy dumping is a new one I wasn't aware of till a few days ago..

i agree that those control dramas cover some of the different ways that people manipulate others but they are generalizations too.

as you know from our conversations, i view 'stealing energy' as an innapropriate way to describe the situation. once one understands that they do not have to react to those tactics the illusion is gone. the tricks are obvious.

the reason people feel drained, in my opinion, is because they have invested that energy wastefully, whether consciously or through ignorance of how to govern their own emotional state.

• Like 1

i agree that those control dramas cover some of the different ways that people manipulate others but they are generalizations too.

as you know from our conversations, i view 'stealing energy' as an innapropriate way to describe the situation. once one understands that they do not have to react to those tactics the illusion is gone. the tricks are obvious.

the reason people feel drained, in my opinion, is because they have invested that energy wastefully, whether consciously or through ignorance of how to govern their own emotional state.

Someone who is using a control drama, let's say they are using the Interorgator approach, is using that control drama to evoke you into seeing things their way, doing things their way, investing your energy into their agendas.. I think you may be right in the fact that control dramas aren't 'stealing energy', but are merely tools behind the intention.. or another way of puting it being a means to decieve and manipulate.

Yep, I agree that once people are aware of these tactics the illusion is gone and these control dramas don't have to have the same effect on someone.. If someone is using the "poor me" control drama, instead of instantly bowing to their way of controling our energy we then have a choice to give that energy or deny it. But the tricks are not obvious.. Most people simply slip into these control dramas like a force of habit because it's the only way they know how to get their way.. The sick, infirmed, the elderly, these people slip into the poor me by moaning about their aches and pains and this is wrong and that is wrong and so on and so forth instead of stating the obvious thiing they want which is "hey, can you please fetch me a panadol."

Someone who is using a control drama, let's say they are using the Interorgator approach, is using that control drama to evoke you into seeing things their way, doing things their way, belittling the victims own thoughts into investing their energy into their agendas.. I think you may be right in the fact that control dramas aren't 'stealing energy', but are merely tools behind the intention..

Edited it add: Primarily, knowing these control dramas and recognising them is self empowering because once you can identify them they no-longer have that knee-jerk reaction of falling for them and giving up that energy.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1