Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Shadow

Baizyl

Let me explain something before getting into detail of my experience. I am a believer with a healthy dose of skeptisicim. I need to ask questions and try to disprove all other explanations first.

With that spoken, I have attempted to debunk this experience with little success. It was five in the morning, and when I awakened I caught a strange shape in the darkness. For a good five seconds or so, I was studying it. I was trying to make out what I was looking at, because I knew something was different. I rose up still on the bed, and as I did the figure (or whatever you wish to call it) literally faded out. It wasn't "poof" it was gone. It faded away slowly. I was wide awake, not groggy when I awoke. It even blocked out the light on my TV. There's a yellow light on my HD TV that is always on even when it is not turned on.

I told another in my household of the experience just to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. They confirmed that I notified them when I awoke the next morning.

As for the detail of the figure, I can't give much. It was over five feet tall, but the shape was...odd. It didn't seem what we typically associate with a human figure. This is not the first experience I've had in the house I recently moved into. The first was a light blue, zig zaggy line on the floor that darted away and vanished after a second. Another was having my shirt tugged at three times, each one harder than the last.

The figure is by far the scariest I've experienced. I don't know what it is, but I slept with a light on the next night. Does anyone have any input as to what this is or how to debunk it?

Something to do with your eyes, maybe? I'm thinking internal things here, the "light blue- zig zaggy" line to me also indicates something to do with eye-sight.

It sounds like a hypnagogic image. I know you did not feel groggy, but it's pretty text book.

• Like 1

It sounds like a hypnagogic image. I know you did not feel groggy, but it's pretty text book.

Agreed.

I have to agree with the rest, it seems like the whole occurence can be blamed on your just awakened mind. In such case there is no need to worry. The blue line, I'm pretty sure, can also be explained. However the tugging at your shirt seems harder to explain and that's what I'd worry about most. After all it was a direct contact with you. Maybe we could help some more if you'd give us some details on the house you moved into?

• 2 weeks later...

....This is not the first experience I've had in the house I recently moved into.

If you have not seen this particular entity before moving into the current house, the likely possibility is that the entity "lives there". If you keep having experiences of this kind, you may want to consider having someone do a cleansing of the house.