Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Airship to conduct aerial search for Bigfoot

Saru

Great!

I want to know how you track a forest dwelling animal with an R/C, semi-sized, wind vulnerable craft through it's habitat?

I will email him back tomorrow. I am starting my 4 nights of graveyard shift tomorrow night also, so if he responds, it will be all yours :)

• Like 1

I will email him back tomorrow. I am starting my 4 nights of graveyard shift tomorrow night also, so if he responds, it will be all yours :)

Looking forward to hearing from him! Clarification is key. Surmising, not so much...

I think they should designate a team to cover certain areas in grids, fly in supplies and just stay out there until solid evidence is found. When that team wants rest, send in the next team and cover more grids, rinse repeat. You have to STAY OUT THERE you're not going to find anything with a 3 day expedition.

• Like 1

I have emailed Mr. Meldrum William Barnes and requested him to get involved with this discussion. I let him know that some will be skeptical, some will believe, and that the discussions here are civil, with the occasional one liners from both sides. I let him know there are a lot of questions, and this could be very educational, and good PR for his goal also.

I am pretty certain he will get involved, and I hope people do not become smart asses, and can debate civilly. I also hope he can do the same, and not get aggressive, or defensive when asked questions, or given facts on this topic.

So I ask, if and when he shows up, lets all be mature, and civil.....I would hate to see yet another good topic become closed because of fighting, when it should all be discussing maturely.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Edit : this entire time I wrote Mr. Meldrum in the discussions wrongfully. It is William Barnes I have been conversing with, and invited to the discussion.

William Barnes - is the project founder and manager, with over 25 years experience operating his own businesses, including gold dredging and marketing. Managing businesses with attention to detail, and getting the job done with the necessary resources, has given him the ability to create successful projects. Barnes had an encounter with a sasquatch in 1997, and is motivated by the challenge of bringing definitive film evidence before the scientific community for the purpose of finally resolving the mystery of sasquatch. Upon discovery, Barnes would like the Falcon Project to provide the basis for further study of the species’ behavior in its natural habitat and for securing their protection in the future.

I am awaiting a reply from Mr. Meldrum on a email I sent to his address at Idaho State University.

My apologies for the confusion, this is what happens when one works rotating shifts.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

I think trying to spot a bigfoot from the air is going to be more difficult with all the forest it can hide in. They struggle searching for it on the ground. I bet these creatures (if they exist) hide up in the trees and can't be seen by all the foliage.

Well, at least some are taking a scientific approach, and on a new level, to find this elusive creature, and that is worthy of applause from me.

It's going to be interesting to see how this project unfolds, especially since we got our own expert panel here in Sakari and QuiteContrary :D

I wish these fellows good luck.

Looked initially to me like a Senior Project type thing. Mechanical Engineers often build such set ups... robots, gliders, UAVs, bicycles, etc.... for their senior project. Everything has been done to death, so a bigfoot finding blimp would be an excellent project. All it would have to do is fly and send back pictures and the student gets an A.

Never heard of Mr William Barnes before. Was that the first email and phone number, because Dr Meldums email and phone number was at the end of the article?

I wish these fellows good luck.

Looked initially to me like a Senior Project type thing. Mechanical Engineers often build such set ups... robots, gliders, UAVs, bicycles, etc.... for their senior project. Everything has been done to death, so a bigfoot finding blimp would be an excellent project. All it would have to do is fly and send back pictures and the student gets an A.

Never heard of Mr William Barnes before. Was that the first email and phone number, because Dr Meldums email and phone number was at the end of the article?

I emailed both. William Barnes has replied. I have asked him to join in on this discussion. I am waiting for any word from Dr. Meldum.

• Like 1

It's going to be interesting to see how this project unfolds, especially since we got our own expert panel here in Sakari and QuiteContrary :D

Haha. If I’m an expert we’re all in trouble. A lot more information is needed on this ship and project, anyway.

Simply, I’ll believe in this airship’s forest animal (not holding my breath for sasquatch) tracking capabilities after it proves its forest animal tracking capabilities.

As a skeptic the whole project is fantastical, imo. But anything that flies I find interesting and I’d sure like to see it built and fly.

It’s this ship’s success for its intended purpose (the general tracking animal part not the specific sasquatch part) I have problems with, as a layman, and am far from deluding myself as some expert.

Fortunately for me, anyone (no tests no requirements) can participate in UM discussions. And fortunately for Meldrum, I won't be building his big ship. :)

Edited by QuiteContrary

Just saw this.....I would not call me a expert either. I would love to ask some questions and give some feedback to the answers.

I have experience in RC craft ( FPV, Drone ), experience in the Pacific Northwest ( hunting, fishing, logging friends, hiking, living ), I have knowledge on this topic ( Bigfoot ).

Most of that is still nothing I would call " expert " on. Interested yes, expert no.Still learning.

I had posted before that I was pretty certain William would show up and participate. I have not had a reply from my 3rd email asking him to join in. I have a idea why, but I will give it a few days.

Is he even real? There is evidence on both sides of the fence.

Is he even real? There is evidence on both sides of the fence.

Actually there is nothing to date that qualifies as evidence that is solid enough or irrefutable enough to be considered actual evidence. Prints? Proof that something made an indentation in some mud, soil, or snow. Photos/Video - sometimes compelling but hardly irrefutable or impossible to hoax. Bits of fur or tissue......nothing has been proven from any of these to date, so they are evidence of something furry, with meat - but not Bigfoot yet.

This would be interesting to do. Sharing the recorded info with other scientists could also assist them with the tracking of known animals.

I'm not sure this would be how to get the proof of bigfoot. I think it could help determine where to look.

Update :

Still waiting for William to answer.

I had emailed D. JEFFREY MELDRUM at Idaho State University to confirm he is involved. Below is my email to him, and his reply I just received.

Hello Jeff,

I am in a debate of sorts, and would like to have you confirm or deny that you are involved in a Bigfoot project, “ The Falcon Project “?

For someone to be asking for donations, I would like to see something more substantial that this is legitimate, and you have something to do with it also.

“ The research is to be coordinated through Idaho State University, with Dr. Jeff Meldrum, professor of anatomy & anthropology, acting as principal investigator. “

http://www.pr.com/press-release/446674

Thank you, I will await your reply before I make any decisions.

Robert

Yes, I am involved. I will be leading the scientific facet, with William and Jason on the technical arrangements. The University has approved the proposal and the ISU Foundation will be handling the private donations.

Jeff

Jeff Meldrum, PhD

Professor of Anatomy & Anthropology

Dept. of Biological Sciences

Idaho State University

921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8007

Pocatello, ID 83209-8007

208-282-4379

I can confirm the email came from Jeffs email address at Idaho State University.

I have asked Jeff to enter the discussion if he has time.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Just saw this.....I would not call me a expert either. I would love to ask some questions and give some feedback to the answers.

I have experience in RC craft ( FPV, Drone ), experience in the Pacific Northwest ( hunting, fishing, logging friends, hiking, living ), I have knowledge on this topic ( Bigfoot ).

Most of that is still nothing I would call " expert " on. Interested yes, expert no.Still learning.

I had posted before that I was pretty certain William would show up and participate. I have not had a reply from my 3rd email asking him to join in. I have a idea why, but I will give it a few days.

Haha. If I’m an expert we’re all in trouble. A lot more information is needed on this ship and project, anyway.

Simply, I’ll believe in this airship’s forest animal (not holding my breath for sasquatch) tracking capabilities after it proves its forest animal tracking capabilities.

As a skeptic the whole project is fantastical, imo. But anything that flies I find interesting and I’d sure like to see it built and fly.

It’s this ship’s success for its intended purpose (the general tracking animal part not the specific sasquatch part) I have problems with, as a layman, and am far from deluding myself as some expert.

Fortunately for me, anyone (no tests no requirements) can participate in UM discussions. And fortunately for Meldrum, I won't be building his big ship. :)

Haha ok then, we got us some flying enthusiast at least! With two different views on this whole matter as far as I can tell =)

All we gotta do is bump this thread up from time to time with updates and what not ^^

I believe the project end-date is spring 2013.

So we don't have long to wait.

It will be one (large!) cool ship with impressive video tech.

And it won't be the first time I ate crow, er foam...

Maybe we'll all be visiting sasquatch at our local zoo in the near future.

Hope not. Hide, Mr. Big, hide!

Edited by QuiteContrary

God, I know that......Damn!

Black Tail Buck eating behind house for last hour....Buck on my mind.........Thanks. :blush:

This guy to be precise....

http://www.unexplain...attach_id=65898

Nice pic, Good luck during huntin' season. I just had to get a dig in on buck, ya know. LOL

• Like 1

I wonder if this can be shown to work on a bear, or cougar, if the government will buys some of these for use in tracking fugatives, finding lost campers, or in monitoring facilities in 3rd world countries. Could also be very useful in studing the movements of wolves, cougar and other large mammals.

Update on participation :

It appears that if you want to give them money, they will talk to you.....Lost any small bit of credibility I had for them.

From Jeff Meldrum :

If you have a professional interest in discussing the details of the project I will be happy to talk to you in person.

I replied :

Nothing professional, but a lot of interested people that have a high interest in this topic. Both skeptical and “ believers “. Not a bunch of whack jobs, or kids, but adults that discuss these types of things. I live in the Pacific Northwest and hunt, fish, etc. here and I have a high interest in discussing it. I get it though, if no money involved, or high publicity, not time for it. Biscardi is just like that also. I was hoping either you or William would take a bit of time and answer a few questions. There are some very knowledgeable people there, and good people also. Hell, never know, maybe even people with money.

Thanks for answering anyway,

Robert Lester

Edited by Sakari

I've got no money.
:td:

Well funding on a project like this is critical. What is the custon airship and custon optics going to cost? Proably somewhere in the hundreds of thousands, so getting cash immediately is what they first need to do. I hate money grubbers, but understand the necessity.
Edited by DieChecker

I've got no money.

Diechecker,

I have to say, I was actually happy Jeff is involved. I thought to myself " finally, a reputable person ", and " a University is involved also "......

Boy was I wrong. Just like any other Bigfoot expedition looking for money, no time for anyone else except donators, or high PR possibilities.

If the University was so interested, they would fund it themselves with Grants.

More people just showing what this fantasy is all about......Easy way to make money on the ignorant.

• Like 1

More people just showing what this fantasy is all about......Easy way to make money on the ignorant.

I really think it depends on if they are going to build the thing or not. If there is no wastage of money, then I think it is a fine engineering project. A shaky scientific project, but a fine engineering one.

Biscardi tries to make money, and returns or builds... nothing. He does not even make a crappy TV show out of his taking of money.

I've got no money.

Well funding on a project like this is critical. What is the custon airship and custon optics going to cost? Proably somewhere in the hundreds of thousands, so getting cash immediately is what they first need to do. I hate money grubbers, but understand the necessity.

I really think it depends on if they are going to build the thing or not. If there is no wastage of money, then I think it is a fine engineering project. A shaky scientific project, but a fine engineering one.

Biscardi tries to make money, and returns or builds... nothing. He does not even make a crappy TV show out of his taking of money.

Both are true, and I should not have used the Bascardi comparison. ( especially since Jeff said he skimmed over this thread ). I just find it sad that they can not take a few minutes of their days to answer a few questions that people have is all. Yet, would have all sorts of time if money were involved.

Jeff, when you read my replies again, open apology for the comparison. I think you can understand how I feel with all of the scams and such out there.