Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Holographic universe

Big Bad Voodoo

They believed that two objects that have been in contact with each other retain a link even after they are seperated. In the Occult this is called the Law of Contact - http://psiknowledge....d.com/id29.html. In todays world the occult still exists and is found in the development of Quantum Mechanics. When it comes to atoms and other microscopic objects the Law of Contact has been demonstrated but they call the mechanism Quantum Entanglement - http://simple.wikipe...um_entanglement.

Anyway the reasons why your ancient ancestors believed in witchcraft and voodoo is based on the above links. They were conducting what today we call quantum teleportation between atoms but they believed it worked on people.

lol. Do you have any evidence ancient people possessed this kind of technology?

lol. Do you have any evidence ancient people possessed this kind of technology?

What technology?

Get your maths book out and read what it says about probabilities and sets. Its simple logic that two objects which share something identical about them and have one single probability based on that identical factor are linked. When the outcome of the probability is found for one object it must also be true for the other.

Its not rocket science but it does violate how you want to see the world because as you know two objects can remain linked by such a probability no matter how far apart they are.

Maybe you should have a look at boolean logic too. There are also ways two objects can be linked with that stuff.

What technology?

You said ancient people achieved quantum teleportation, so where is the evidence they possessed this kind of technology?

Save yourself some time and don't give me your usual quackery BS that isn't even an accurate description of quantum entanglement.

Edit: If an identical properity is all that is needed, you better tell the experimenters that their methods of creating entangled particles are redundant.

Edited by Rlyeh

You said ancient people achieved quantum teleportation, so where is the evidence they possessed this kind of technology?

Save yourself some time and don't give me your usual quackery BS that isn't even an accurate description of quantum entanglement.

Edit: If an identical properity is all that is needed, you better tell the experimenters that their methods of creating entangled particles are redundant.

I said ancient people had the 'Law of Contact' so stop distorting what I wrote.

An identical property and a single probability covering both atoms. And for your information that is what the physicists do.

I said ancient people had the 'Law of Contact' so stop distorting what I wrote.

This is what you wrote;

"They were conducting what today we call quantum teleportation between atoms but they believed it worked on people."

Prove they were conducting quantum teleportation.

Quantum theorists now spoke how we are in the same time here and in parallel univerese. And that we are now sitting in front of our computers as young L and old L in the same time. Young and old Sepul.

I don't know of any credible quantum theorists who still work with the ``many-almost-identical-parallel-universes'' idea.

There is some stock in the parallel Universe concept, but these Universes would have developed completely independently, and it is very unlikely that other Universes have anything in common with our own.

What stuns me the most is that we have one universe yet we have two theories. Now thats ...redicule.

What do you mean?

So according to you do this theory/hypothesis have future? I believe not just want to clarify.

You mean the ``Holographic Universe''? From what I understand of it I would agree that it doesn't have much of a future, but I don't understand most of the technical details.

Hive mind?

Why memory wouldnt be spread trough all our nervous system?

Or in heart?

Actually...not hive mind or nervous system or heart.

The idea was that perhaps the "earth" itself or the earth's magnetic field stores our memories...specifically tuned to our "wave length and pattern" but when someone else's brain wave lengths and patterns are very similar to ours, they might be able to pick up on them in a very subtle way...thus the idea of "psychic" phenomena or "ghosts" and phantom images.

For the record the holographic universe theory is older than 1990. Dr. David Bohm and Dr. Karl Pribam proposed this theory back in the like the 1970's. Michael Talbot wrote a whole book about it called The Holographic Universe that was published in 1992.

What is interesting to me is that there seems to be a connection between Near Death Experiences and the holographic universe theory. People who have these experiences quite often describe what they experienced in terms that can only be described as "holographic" saying they felt an overwhelming feeling of oneness and connectedness, that they literally felt like they were everywhere in the Universe at once, 360 degree vision, time and space not existing, etc.

So if physicists and near death experiencers are both telling me it's true I figure it most likely is. Everything seems to be pointing in that direction.

• Like 2

Actually...not hive mind or nervous system or heart.

The idea was that perhaps the "earth" itself or the earth's magnetic field stores our memories...specifically tuned to our "wave length and pattern" but when someone else's brain wave lengths and patterns are very similar to ours, they might be able to pick up on them in a very subtle way...thus the idea of "psychic" phenomena or "ghosts" and phantom images.

Heart also have magnetic field.

What do you mean?

We have one universe. But two laws of physics. One in macro world other in micro world. Why Jupiter dont blink and appears in different areas?

We even dont know where stop marco physics and start quantum pyhsics. Where is border? Can someone say okay from now one Newton laws are not counting.

What is like to be in that area?

We have one universe. But two laws of physics. One in macro world other in micro world. Why Jupiter dont blink and appears in different areas?

We even dont know where stop marco physics and start quantum pyhsics. Where is border? Can someone say okay from now one Newton laws are not counting.

What is like to be in that area?

It is all quantum physics. Once you start getting thousands (and then millions, billions, trillions, etc.) of particles, simple statistics start preventing the system from behaving in a manner that is ``non-classical''

This is intimately connected to the second law of thermodynamics. The entropy of a ``quantum ensemble'' (that is, a many-body system that is completely entangled, and therefore capable of some sort of ``quantum weirdness'') is lower than the entropy of each particle acting separately.

I don't know why the second law of thermodynamics is ``a law'', but if I accept that it is a law I can see why there is a natural tendency for entangled systems to ``disentangle'' (usually described as decoherence).

So two electrons? It is easy to entangle them, and they will stay entangled for a fairly long period of time. Ten whole atoms? Umm, a bit trickier to set up, and a lot easier to fall apart, but it can be done. 1023 atoms? Probably not. Especially if this lump of atoms is in a thermal radiation bath (say, the light from the Sun) that is also messing with it.

Remember: an entangled system can fall apart on its own, just due to entropy. But also anytime one part of an entangled system interacts with something that is not part of that system, the entanglement will fall apart.

• Like 1

Sepul do all laws of physics are symetrical?

When something is symmetrical we spot it. Giant cube in jungle would stand out. Do we have some asymetrical laws?

We live in asymetrical universe, in broken symmetry. When universe was created there was more matter then antimatter. Proof is that we have something rather then nothing.

Sepul do all laws of physics are symetrical?

I would say (a qualified) ``yes'', but it ultimately depends on what type of symmetry you are suggesting.

Objects in our Universe can clearly be asymmetric.

But as far as we know, the laws of physics are symmetric in space-time (i.e. the same laws apply no matter where or when you are).

Some current physical laws are not fully symmetric, for example the QCD vacuum has CPT symmetry but not CP symmetry (or individual C, P, or T symmetries).

So its not same in given time or given place or both?

No, if you reverse time you also have to reverse electric charge (positive goes to negative, negative to positive) and parity (make everything the mirror image of its original self) to keep things the same.

The laws are the same at any time or any place (in theory, obviously we have limited capabilities to go ``somewhere else'' to test it), but if you flip the direction of time you have to change some other things as well to keep everything the same.

-------

To give a simple analogy, Newton's laws are symmetric under time reversal. If you saw a video of two billiard balls colliding, you could not tell (assuming you can't see the edges of the table or the players in the video) whether the actual video was being shown in reverse or not.

We now know that Newton's laws are only an approximation. Quantum field theory (which is possibly still an approximation, but definitely a much better one) suggests that if you could somehow ``video tape'' two quarks colliding, you could tell whether the tape was being shown in reverse or not.