Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Now there's more ice at South Pole than ever

Big Bad Voodoo

what would disprove the premise?

If the energy balance at the top of the atmosphere went into reverse for over 30yrs.

The energy balance at the top of the atmosphere is ultimately the only metric which matters since it proves that the earth planetary system is still accumulating heat energy, ultimately everything else is just details.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

I suppose I could start a new thread for this article I saw on Google News this morning, but this thread seems an appropriate place to post it.

http://www.guardian....tarctic-sea-ice

From the article : "The Arctic is losing sea ice five times faster than the Antarctic is gaining it, so, on average, the Earth is losing sea ice very quickly. There is no inconsistency between our results and global warming."

Warm Margaritas? Ick

"There is no inconsistency between our results and global warming"

except the ipcc and their climate models were expecting a loss of sea ice in the antarctic.

http://www.ipcc.ch/i...dex.php?idp=150

Except that your reference is to the 2001 IPCC report. Last I looked, this is 2012. Are you trying to say that we haven't learned anything about climate in the last eleven years? Well, I can think of one....

Doug

Except that your reference is to the 2001 IPCC report. Last I looked, this is 2012. Are you trying to say that we haven't learned anything about climate in the last eleven years? Well, I can think of one....

Doug

yep, I can too: the cult of the denialist is getting smaller but more fanatic and ill informed.

Due to Republicans Draconian immigration policies the North Pole Ice have resorted to self deportation and moved to the South Pole.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

now I'm no expert but, when ice freezes it expands, so as the ice becomes unpacked it melts an re-freezes resulting in "more" ice.

But you have have the same, however it is going up up

Due to Republicans Draconian immigration policies the North Pole Ice have resorted to self deportation and moved to the South Pole.

Love it. LOL.

If you take any measure of climate - temperature, precip, ice surface area, tree rings, varves, sediment cores, stalactites, ice cores, whatever - and graph it, you get a wiggly line with lots of ups and downs. Not every upturn or downturn indicates anything about climate. Most don't indicate anything at all. Trying to say that some minor wiggle proves or disproves global warming only indicates the writer's lack of knowledge of the subject.

Doug