Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Phantom Ring

Clarakore

For those who wear rings, even if just one, there is a certain sensation you get when you take your ring off and it feels as if it is missing from your finger. I get this all the time on my ring finger on my left hand where I normally wear a ring. Now for a year, at random times, not often but often enough, I get a sensation that I am missing a ring on my ring finger on my right hand where I have never worn a ring.

Could this be a past life sensation? A pyschic imprint of the future where I will wear such a ring? Or is it the symptoms of a degenerative brain disease that begins with getting signals crossed?

Edited by Chasingtherabbit

That's really odd .I've never heard of this before.

I would guess,its somehow referred from the opposite hand ,or....for some reason ,the finger wants a ring. I would give it one,and see what occurs for you .

• Like 2

3 things.

1. Close link to the similar phenomenon of phantom limbs. Where an amputee for a long time afterwards still feels the limb as if it's there.

2. Could be neural wiring problem where the sensation has transposed itself to the other side.

3. Why jump so easily to a paranormal explanation? It's like saying that somebody with restless leg syndrome used to be a runner in a past life! A little bit more critical thought required here...

• Like 8

I would tell your doctor about next time you go in. I get a lot of strange sensations, but they are related to my MS. Might be carpel tunnel.

• Like 3

Uh, I wouldn't leap to degenerative brain disease just yet.

• Like 2

3 things.

1. Close link to the similar phenomenon of phantom limbs. Where an amputee for a long time afterwards still feels the limb as if it's there.

2. Could be neural wiring problem where the sensation has transposed itself to the other side.

3. Why jump so easily to a paranormal explanation? It's like saying that somebody with restless leg syndrome used to be a runner in a past life! A little bit more critical thought required here...

There's no such thing as restless leg syndrome. It's a reason to make a new drug so people with tired legs will run out and get it.

Just my two cents on that .

There's no such thing as restless leg syndrome. It's a reason to make a new drug so people with tired legs will run out and get it.

:rolleyes:

Please stop saying misguided stuff like this like it is fact. It is neurologically trackable and there are enough non-drug ways to solve it or lessen the sensation. For example, simple massage or stretching of the legs, warm baths, bed socks, etc. Not everything is as black and white as you like to think.

• Like 5

It seems strange that you would feel like you should have a ring on that finger when you never worn one there. I would mention this to my doctor if it persists.

Nope, absolutely a real thing. Hope you never experience it. I suffer from it and have for years. Many nights spent crying hoping the feelings stop so I could sleep.

Nibs

• Like 1

For those who wear rings, even if just one, there is a certain sensation you get when you take your ring off and it feels as if it is missing from your finger. I get this all the time on my ring finger on my left hand where I normally wear a ring. Now for a year, at random times, not often but often enough, I get a sensation that I am missing a ring on my ring finger on my right hand where I have never worn a ring.

Could this be a past life sensation? A pyschic imprint of the future where I will wear such a ring? Or is it the symptoms of a degenerative brain disease that begins with getting signals crossed?

Have you bumped your hand, wrist or arm? Do you do a repetitive action with your hands (typing comes to mind)?

Before you jump to supernatural, I'd check with a doctor.

Nibs

• Like 1

Hey, this isn't a RLS thread! I also don't have carpal tunnel and have been tested for it during pre-employment medical exams.

I was also slightly humoring those who believe in past lives because I really don't but that did come to mind. In either case I prefer preternatural over supernatural.

But I would still like to hear more supernatural reasons because I find them entertaining and I like to wonder about fanciful things.

I did mention degenerative brain disease because I heard a radio interview with someone who has Alzheimer's and they said their very first symptoms were the sensation of having your phone in your pocket begin to vibrate although they did not have a phone in their pocket. God I hope it is nothing like that or anything else.

Just a very weird sensation. If anyone has any other suggestions (besides don't jump to the supernatural, trust me I am not but still want to hear it because it is entertaining) then please add them.

That's really odd .I've never heard of this before.

I would guess,its somehow referred from the opposite hand ,or....for some reason ,the finger wants a ring. I would give it one,and see what occurs for you .

I would tell your doctor about next time you go in. I get a lot of strange sensations, but they are related to my MS. Might be carpel tunnel.

Put a ring on your finger and see how it feels

Thanks guys, very appreciative of your responses especially the above three posts.

Maybe I will just buy a ring for that finger. James Avery here I come!

Nope, absolutely a real thing. Hope you never experience it. I suffer from it and have for years. Many nights spent crying hoping the feelings stop so I could sleep.

Nibs

*shakes head*

It's a neurological condition ,that has existed forever,that they gave a name to ,about 15 years ago,so they could go about prescribing drugs to any poor woman with a leg twitch.

Im not saying the condition doesn't exist,but its not a new ailment ,and its not really a leg problem .The fact it had not even been heard of before twenty years ago,as restless leg syndrome ,and suddenly its named and there are drugs for it ,says volumes to me.

It should be treated at the source as a spinal condition ,and not with dangerous drugs .They're even renaming it after two doctors,that lived centuries apart ,for what reason ,I have no idea.

I treat people with the issue,and they get relief from spinal treatments ,not the drugs .

*shakes head*

It's a neurological condition ,that has existed forever,that they gave a name to ,about 15 years ago,so they could go about prescribing drugs to any poor woman with a leg twitch.

Im not saying the condition doesn't exist,but its not a new ailment ,and its not really a leg problem .The fact it had not even been heard of before twenty years ago,as restless leg syndrome ,and suddenly its named and there are drugs for it ,says volumes to me.

It should be treated at the source as a spinal condition ,and not with dangerous drugs .They're even renaming it after two doctors,that lived centuries apart ,for what reason ,I have no idea.

I treat people with the issue,and they get relief from spinal treatments ,not the drugs .

For someone who claims to have medical knowledge you know surprisingly little.

Diseases have to be defined so they can be treated and followed up. That is just common sense.

You can't say to a person "oh you have leg disease" for every infliction that affects legs.

You can't say to a person "you have face issues" for every infliction that affects the face.

In your world patients who need treatment and who need definitions of what is wrong with them should just be satisfied with a doctor saying "it's just leg stuff, dirnk some chamomille tea".H

Have you not paid attention these last couple of decades where ppl scream for their ailment to be acknowledged?

In order to make treatments available, either chemical or not, a certain type of affliction needs to be defined. Or else doctors could describe benzo's for acne for example.

All has to be defined, surely you must realise this.

Sure the DSM is going overboard if shyness is even defined as an illness. But certain ppl just need that little extra treatment and definition which they could not get if no one defines what ails them.

Stop all the conspiracy BS. There are a myriad type of ppl out there, and some benefit from it so try opening your mind a lil bit more.

Edited by Render
  • Like 1

*shakes head*

I know exactly what it is. Regardless of what it is called today or not, it is real. You treat? What is your medical background?

Nibs

• Like 1

Since I brought up the whole restless leg syndrome thing, would you like to have a go at another condition?

Possibly 'Foot in mouth'?

Yes, of course I jest but you really shouldn't demean actual conditions. Of course it's neurological as you stated later on but you're first comment denounced it completely. Personally I just don't get Anorexia, but I'm not about to go around telling to them to just eat because it's all in their head and they're deluded with Body Dismorphic Syndrome..

No Simbi Laveau, leave that one alone! :no:

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

I recently stumbled upon this page after trying to search for answers to this same thing . I have recently started to feel the sudden panic of lost rings on my right hand  which was never had ring worn on it . Prior to this I have been experiencing sudden loss of feeling to my legs while walking or standing that happens out of the blue as well as with numbness and tingling sensations in all extremities . 

44 minutes ago, Amygrant said:

I recently stumbled upon this page after trying to search for answers to this same thing . I have recently started to feel the sudden panic of lost rings on my right hand  which was never had ring worn on it . Prior to this I have been experiencing sudden loss of feeling to my legs while walking or standing that happens out of the blue as well as with numbness and tingling sensations in all extremities . 

Amy welcome to the forum.

I suggest you go get checked out by a medical doctor soon about those neurological symptoms you describe here, and soon. It makes me worry for you.

Hello there invisible ring holders, 

I have this sensation for about a year, ring finger right hand, it comes and goes, but sometimes it's so strong that my other fingers want to play with the invisible ring. I was wondering...since the first comments are from 2012, did somebody dig deeper into this, gone to the doctor to check it etc? Or does anyone know anything that could help knowing before 'the doctor' option?