Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dating don'ts! What puts you off?

Pulsar_J

I avoid women that -

4. Aggressive, moody and violatile.

5. G-srings or butt hanging out the back of the jeans.

7. Looks ruff.

11. Smokes.

12. Has tatoos.

13. Poor confidence.

15. Cant communicate.

16. Has man issues.

17. Perves.

18. Is poor.

19. And finally is just plain weird!

Heh, does this mean we can't be friends? X)

• Like 4

Oh! Another one! I dislike anyone who picks out people just because they're attractive and cares nothing for what their personality could be.

• Like 4

I can't stand guys who are pushy, like when they hear no they seem to think it means nudge hassle and ask 20 more times. I hate arrogant, cocky guys who make it seem like they're doing you a favor, giving you the time of day. I can't say I've ever known a guy who looked good with one of those calf tattoos, and absolutely no piercings below the waist, it's just gross and awkward when you get to that point. Fast movers, bleh, or guys who jump on the assumption they own you after a first date. I went out with a guy once, and I emphasize the word once, because later that night I got a text from him calling me baby and telling me he didn't want me seeing anyone else, and it was creepy. Also, I can understand this is different for everyone, but having family like my brother who's not a rude or unreasonable guy, I won't date someone who's a jerk to him right off the bat. I went out on a couple dates when I was 15 with a guy who was 20, and he came over to my dad's house one day and my brother shook his hand and introduced himself, and asked how old he was, and the guy I was dating at that time said "Why the **** is it any of your business?" He could've told the truth or he could've lied, but the worst route was definitely having that response. Anyway, basically guys who are just plain jack-donkeys, who cuss and swear constantly for no reason whatsoever and have no courtesy for anyone but themselves, who treat me like crap and are completely inconsiderate and have that "I'm never wrong, it's just everyone else" attitude. I can understand plenty of guys don't like kids or animals or whatever, but one time one of my youngest nieces ran up to a guy I'd been on 2 dates with to hug him, and rather than pulling her off and setting her aside, or letting me get her which I was coming over to do, he basically kneed her in the face and sent her flying. It took soooo much self-control on my part to not hurt that him, badly, but I dragged him outside to his car with me and I told him he was a creep and to not plan on seeing me again, and I told him if my niece hadn't been there I would've knocked his face in. I was absolutely fuming, and I'd never give 2 looks to another guy like that.

• Like 3

I'm very easy to get along with. The only real problem that I could ever have with a girl (and would totally be the reason that I will lose her number) is if she doesn't have a sense of humor. If she doesn't like to laugh and takes herself too seriously, then we can never ever be together.

• Like 3

Oh! Another one! I dislike anyone who picks out people just because they're attractive and cares nothing for what their personality could be.

That too! I don't want to be some trophy you know? I've been there done that, and it's just not good.

Women who are controlling, and who think they have the "right" to sculpt a man into what she wants...

Years ago a friend of mine related this story to me (in his words), "She picked me up in a bar, we fell for each other and a couple of weeks later, she wanted me to stop drinking."

Where does that logic come from? They didn't stay together long.

Edit: Oops, forgot to answer the question.

Turn on - intelligence

Turn off - being negative

That's it.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3

I can't stand guys who are pushy, like when they hear no they seem to think it means nudge hassle and ask 20 more times. I hate arrogant, cocky guys who make it seem like they're doing you a favor, giving you the time of day. I can't say I've ever known a guy who looked good with one of those calf tattoos, and absolutely no piercings below the waist, it's just gross and awkward when you get to that point. Fast movers, bleh, or guys who jump on the assumption they own you after a first date. I went out with a guy once, and I emphasize the word once, because later that night I got a text from him calling me baby and telling me he didn't want me seeing anyone else, and it was creepy. Also, I can understand this is different for everyone, but having family like my brother who's not a rude or unreasonable guy, I won't date someone who's a jerk to him right off the bat. I went out on a couple dates when I was 15 with a guy who was 20, and he came over to my dad's house one day and my brother shook his hand and introduced himself, and asked how old he was, and the guy I was dating at that time said "Why the **** is it any of your business?" He could've told the truth or he could've lied, but the worst route was definitely having that response. Anyway, basically guys who are just plain jack-donkeys, who cuss and swear constantly for no reason whatsoever and have no courtesy for anyone but themselves, who treat me like crap and are completely inconsiderate and have that "I'm never wrong, it's just everyone else" attitude. I can understand plenty of guys don't like kids or animals or whatever, but one time one of my youngest nieces ran up to a guy I'd been on 2 dates with to hug him, and rather than pulling her off and setting her aside, or letting me get her which I was coming over to do, he basically kneed her in the face and sent her flying. It took soooo much self-control on my part to not hurt that him, badly, but I dragged him outside to his car with me and I told him he was a creep and to not plan on seeing me again, and I told him if my niece hadn't been there I would've knocked his face in. I was absolutely fuming, and I'd never give 2 looks to another guy like that.

I guess you don't want to be my internet date :cry: lol I curse like a sailor & I can't wait until next week, when I get my "special" piercing. I my sister & mother weren't on my Facebook, I'd make it my profile pic.

Edited by Biff Wellington

Wow, what trash. Where do you meet these people? I'm from NY and I never even come across people like this. I have no tolerance for people who screw with my family or dogs. If anyone ever put a violent hand on my little niece (or dog for that matter) I'd grab my baseball bat and make sure the persons kneecaps never ever worked again.

• Like 2

Wow, what trash. Where do you meet these people? I'm from NY and I never even come across people like this. I have no tolerance for people who screw with my family or dogs. If anyone ever put a violent hand on my little niece (or dog for that matter) I'd grab my baseball bat and make sure the persons kneecaps never ever worked again.

I let people talk smack to my daughter & kick my pets around all the time. That's how I know they're special. :wub:

I'm joking, by the way people.

• Like 1

I let people talk smack to my daughter & kick my pets around all the time. That's how I know they're special. :wub:

I'm joking, by the way people.

I know you are, man. But really, I just feel like if someone ever kneed my little niece or dog in the face, how could I not turn into the incredible hulk and throw them out of a window?

Edited by Really Swell
  • Like 1

I guess you don't want to be my internet date :cry: lol I curse like a sailor & I can't wait until next week, when I get my "special" piercing. I my sister & mother weren't on my Facebook, I'd make it my profile pic.

Oh no, I swear a bunch too, it's just that some guys do it where it's literally 1 out of every 2 or 3 words in an entire conversation, and it's obnoxious.

I don't even know, there really is a lot of crappy men out there. I was in a mindset for a long, long, way-too-long time that I deserved it whenever someone decided to start smacking me around; I just fairly recently started getting out of that. Anyway I'm not a physically violent person by nature, but it took a lot for me to not re-landscape the face of that moron who kneed my niece. It wasn't just a little bump, he actually hurt her, and she went flying.

but one time one of my youngest nieces ran up to a guy I'd been on 2 dates with to hug him, and rather than pulling her off and setting her aside, or letting me get her which I was coming over to do, he basically kneed her in the face and sent her flying. It took soooo much self-control on my part to not hurt that him, badly, but I dragged him outside to his car with me and I told him he was a creep and to not plan on seeing me again, and I told him if my niece hadn't been there I would've knocked his face in. I was absolutely fuming, and I'd never give 2 looks to another guy like that.

I have less control than you..I would have lashed out hard at anyone who did that to a child... I have done and would do it again if I had to.. One of these days that guy you mention who hurt that little girl for trying to hug him, will seriously wind up ( if he's lucky ) in a hospital bed ..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 4

Things I have hated about men I dated:

- Spent more money on, and had more photos of, his WoW character than me

- Being told that my job as a woman was to shut up and cook

- Being forced to be social (I prefer to not be around other people)

- When they have found out I'm bi and replied with "Oh cool, so I can see some girl on girl?" Uhhh no.

- Clingy. Really really clingy

- Telling me I'm fat as "encouragement to lose weight"

And things in general that I find off putting in guys:

- Low intelligence

- Constant childishness

- Constant seriousness

- Facial hair

- Messy hair

- Messy appearance in general

- Overly opinionated

- Preachy

- Shorter than me (I'm 5'1, so it very rarely happens)

- Aggressiveness

- Guys that have to step in every time they think I need saving. I've fought for myself for 23 years, I'll most likely be fine

• Like 1

Women who want to snap at you because they had a bad day. If I didn't have anything to do with it, don't try to punish me for it. While it's obviously a different degree, that's as bad as a man who comes home and slaps his wife because he hates his job.

One thing that annoys me and I cannot fathom is when I'm with a girl and another girl she knows walks into the room and she jumps up and runs squeeling over to her and gives her a great big hug, spends 5 minutes telling her how good she looks, then comes back and says, "I can't stand that b/tch!!" - I have also discovered that asking why she'd go out of her way to try and act like friends with someone she doesn't like just makes them mad at you.

I also have the classic pet peeve about women not speaking their minds about what they want:

What do you want to eat?

I don't care.

How about pizza?

I'm not really in the mood for pizza.

Barbeque?

Can we get something else?

<Through gritted teeth with smoke coming out my ears> How'about you make a f'kng suggestion and we'll eat that?

Also I can't stand girls who pick fights and then expect me to take up for them.

Women that only want this sailor for his body & then send him out to sea :cry:

I'm more than just a goods time ladies. :wacko: I'm also insane! :wacko:

• Like 1

There are several things listed here that I agree with but one thing that bothers me is simply being fake. I like natural women with a demure personality. No no's are fake breasts (or any other implants), Botox injections, tattoos (maybe a small inconspicuous one), tons of makeup (less is better, none is great), piercings other than the ears, constantly changing their hair color, and the need to always try to dress sexy (Like their always on the prowl.)

Women should age gracefully......they shouldn't always be looking for ways to look younger (and wasting a lot of money on it).

Oh, and no smoking or drug use! Cigarette smoke is disgusting and drug use is.....well, you get the picture....

• Like 2

I smoke and I am not ashamed to admit it...If you lived with my hubby, you would smoke too lol

I don't mind smokers, as long as they don't smoke in my house or in my car.. I hate smoking in closed spaces... I would never smoke around anyone that was a non smoker..I do not expect them to breath in my second hand smoke.. Smoking is my choice / addiction not theirs..

• Like 6

I smoke and I am not ashamed to admit it...If you lived with my hubby, you would smoke too lol

I don't mind smokers, as long as they don't smoke in my house or in my car.. I hate smoking in closed spaces... I would never smoke around anyone that was a non smoker..I do not expect them to breath in my second hand smoke.. Smoking is my choice / addiction not theirs..

Well, I've never smoked a cigarette in my life. Yes, it is a personal choice, but I watched my father die of lung cancer which had spread to other organs. He smoked from the age of seventeen on and I would never want to go through what he went through!

• Like 1

Well, I've never smoked a cigarette in my life. Yes, it is a personal choice, but I watched my father die of lung cancer which had spread to other organs. He smoked from the age of seventeen on and I would never want to go through what he went through!

Sorry to hear that and good for you for not smoking... I smoke roughly about 5 - 6 a day and I have tried those patches and gum and they never helped me.. In the winter I am not as keen to have a smoke, I hate standing out in the cold lol

My grandfather smoked up to 60 a day. and drank a lot too.. The old man lived until he was in his late 80's.. go figure

Sorry to hear that and good for you for not smoking... I smoke roughly about 5 - 6 a day and I have tried those patches and gum and they never helped me.. In the winter I am not as keen to have a smoke, I hate standing out in the cold lol

My grandfather smoked up to 60 a day. and drank a lot too.. The old man lived until he was in his late 80's.. go figure

Thanks! My brother has also never smoked a cigarette in his life, but my sister smokes about the same amount as you do......and she's a doctor. Never could figure that one out. She also has the same rules of not smoking in the house or car and really only smokes in private. She's a little embarrassed that she can't quite kick the habit...

Thanks! My brother has also never smoked a cigarette in his life, but my sister smokes about the same amount as you do......and she's a doctor. Never could figure that one out. She also has the same rules of not smoking in the house or car and really only smokes in private. She's a little embarrassed that she can't quite kick the habit...

When I worked up in our local hospital part time ( while still a student ) I met a good few doctors who did pop out for a quick smoke and right back into work again...

I hate smoke in closed spaces....I never allow it in my home because 1 - I have 2 small children.. and 2 - I have nice furniture and I do not want it smelling of smoke.. I cannot bare the thought of anyone smelling smoke in my home.. I grew up in a clean home that always smelled nice... I cannot bare it in my car either.. When I am outside and hidden.. I can come back in doors and wash myself and get on with things easy ... A lot of people comment saying I don't look like someone who smokes.. my skin and hair looks good and my teeth are white.. But see I am very fixed on looking after my skin and teeth..I just forget about my lungs lol

You said your sister smokes as many as me 5 -6 a day , and cannot kick the habit.. I was told my a doctor, that many people who smoke from 20- 60 odd a day can kick the habit more than those that smoke so little.. That is weird..