Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FRUSTRATION! Grr!

JordanIsDivine

Hello, everyone. I've been trying to astral project for THREE years with no success. I have been trying and trying, working with many different techniques, and then I figured maybe I was too tense.

BUT no matter how deeply and slowly I breathe, no matter how clear my mind is, no matter how relaxed I am... I get nothing.

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

I've only gotten to sleep paralysis on rare occassions and it was usually when I would try to get it but then fall asleep unexpectedly and then wake up in it later.

But I feel that's more spontaneous. I want to get it at will but in the end, I'll either:

a) lay there for over an hour and finally get so bored that I feel suffocated, or

B) conk out.

• Like 1

Hello, everyone. I've been trying to astral project for THREE years with no success. I have been trying and trying, working with many different techniques, and then I figured maybe I was too tense.

BUT no matter how deeply and slowly I breathe, no matter how clear my mind is, no matter how relaxed I am... I get nothing.

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

I've only gotten to sleep paralysis on rare occassions and it was usually when I would try to get it but then fall asleep unexpectedly and then wake up in it later.

But I feel that's more spontaneous. I want to get it at will but in the end, I'll either:

a) lay there for over an hour and finally get so bored that I feel suffocated, or

B) conk out.

Some people are able to consciously develop it & control it, others discover it in a near death experiences but most people never do it for some reason.

It's really all about consciousness. There's is a cellular sort of consciousness. There's a natural life force that only wills bodily survival, a subconscious linking to that and the regular consciousness. Regular consciousness can somehow at times link to even higher levels and to others.

There are many different and lower & higher levels of this experience and the proof to yourself is when you discover something you perceived in this state REALLY happened. It's a very personal and spiritual event that changes your whole perception of life.

It's usually very difficult at first to even connect to your own subconscious and understand consciously so you can imagine how hard it would be for someone to connect to the higher levels without much experience! Most people can't do it or just reach the level of lucid dreaming which is the beginning of connecting to the subconscious. Others for some reason are just born with it.

The fields of astral consciousness are somewhat like a worm that develops into a butterfly and the body is a caccoon. While a worm you crawl and eat of the leaf but after the death like experience in the caccoon you become the butterfly that can walk, fly and eat of the nectar! Not all worms even live to become what they were meant to be, They just go from egg to worm because they die before they become a butterfly. There's a lot of mystical symbolism about death and ressurection in so many cultures that is actually referring to this evolution of the soul that can free of the body even before death.

I think most people who sincerely want to try it make the mistake that they are trying to leave the body when you are really just trying to expand this field of consciousness to encompass a larger area outside of the body.

You have to first go into the center of your being in order to connect to a larger field of consciousness that unifies all these other different levels of consciousness and life force fields.

It is much harder to develop a field that "disconnects" from the center and actually goes out more or less seperately.

I think many who fail to experience the astral level, it's because they are trying to fly before they grow their "wings" then wonder why they can't do it!

You have to first go within to the center and connect before you can "project " into the higher levels consciously!

I don't know if you tried it but an easy method is to place yourself behind your eyes, don't try to picture your astral body trying to get out, just open your inner eye from within the body first. Once you see you will probably be lifted up to where ever you focus your thought. Then look down and you will see your caccoon :)

I hope you succeed!

• Like 3

I`m in the same situation as you, I really want to try it out, I feel like I`ve tried just about everything but I still can`t get it to work for me. Does anyone have any tips they can share from experience?. I'm going to give it another try when I'm most relaxed and don't have too much on my mind.

• Like 1

Some people are able to consciously develop it & control it, others discover it in a near death experiences but most people never do it for some reason.

It's really all about consciousness. There's is a cellular sort of consciousness. There's a natural life force that only wills bodily survival, a subconscious linking to that and the regular consciousness. Regular consciousness can somehow at times link to even higher levels and to others.

There are many different and lower & higher levels of this experience and the proof to yourself is when you discover something you perceived in this state REALLY happened. It's a very personal and spiritual event that changes your whole perception of life.

It's usually very difficult at first to even connect to your own subconscious and understand consciously so you can imagine how hard it would be for someone to connect to the higher levels without much experience! Most people can't do it or just reach the level of lucid dreaming which is the beginning of connecting to the subconscious. Others for some reason are just born with it.

The fields of astral consciousness are somewhat like a worm that develops into a butterfly and the body is a caccoon. While a worm you crawl and eat of the leaf but after the death like experience in the caccoon you become the butterfly that can walk, fly and eat of the nectar! Not all worms even live to become what they were meant to be, They just go from egg to worm because they die before they become a butterfly. There's a lot of mystical symbolism about death and ressurection in so many cultures that is actually referring to this evolution of the soul that can free of the body even before death.

I think most people who sincerely want to try it make the mistake that they are trying to leave the body when you are really just trying to expand this field of consciousness to encompass a larger area outside of the body.

You have to first go into the center of your being in order to connect to a larger field of consciousness that unifies all these other different levels of consciousness and life force fields.

It is much harder to develop a field that "disconnects" from the center and actually goes out more or less seperately.

I think many who fail to experience the astral level, it's because they are trying to fly before they grow their "wings" then wonder why they can't do it!

You have to first go within to the center and connect before you can "project " into the higher levels consciously!

I don't know if you tried it but an easy method is to place yourself behind your eyes, don't try to picture your astral body trying to get out, just open your inner eye from within the body first. Once you see you will probably be lifted up to where ever you focus your thought. Then look down and you will see your caccoon :)

I hope you succeed!

Thank you! I'll keep this in mind. It actually makes a lot of sense. :)

I`m in the same situation as you, I really want to try it out, I feel like I`ve tried just about everything but I still can`t get it to work for me. Does anyone have any tips they can share from experience?. I'm going to give it another try when I'm most relaxed and don't have too much on my mind.

Exactly. I've tried so many techniques, all to no avail. :P

This happens a lot. I try every bit of trouble shooting with people I can think of, but only struggle.

Here in lies the key to these problems. When I discovered OOBEs, I was not trying to project, but I was conditioning myself for it nonetheless and the spirit world came to me, not I to it.

I really think those who are trying to do this but have not centered themselves spiritually are doing it backwards.

There is also the problem of sponsoring emotions. If you are trying very hard to accomplish this, your sponsoring emotion is one of lak. I think you have to give up on the desire and work on yourself first.

True, there are those that don't seem particularly centered that say they can, but Usually the real travelers are easily spotted by how they behave towards others, which I think is a key component to haveing a relationship with spirits.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 2

This happens a lot. I try every bit of trouble shooting with people I can think of, but only struggle.

Here in lies the key to these problems. When I discovered OOBEs, I was not trying to project, but I was conditioning myself for it nonetheless and the spirit world came to me, not I to it.

I really think those who are trying to do this but have not centered themselves spiritually are doing it backwards.

There is also the problem of sponsoring emotions. If you are trying very hard to accomplish this, your sponsoring emotion is one of lak. I think you have to give up on the desire and work on yourself first.

True, there are those that don't seem particularly centered that say they can, but Usually the real travelers are easily spotted by how they behave towards others, which I think is a key component to haveing a relationship with spirits.

Actually, the people who can do it are the ones that are able to get their bodies asleep while their mind stays awake. It's about getting to a specific state of mind, not giving all the credit to spirits.

Actually, the people who can do it are the ones that are able to get their bodies asleep while their mind stays awake. It's about getting to a specific state of mind, not giving all the credit to spirits.

It's not... It's about conditioning ;)