Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was I Wrong About The Nellis Range UFO?

Revisiting The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO Video.

Hi guys!

I was wondering what you guys thought about 'The Nellis UFO Tape' of 1994, being called "The Best UFO Video Of All Time" by the folk over at one of my favourite online magazines [The Object Report]...?

..It goes on to feature 'a study of the video footage' by respected photographic investigator Martin Powell ....

which I found , proved only that the location was probably genuine...and then I found this better one from David Rudiak ...

..."
Just after making the turn, the UFO went into a high acceleration mode and in a space of only 7 seconds went from around 50 mph to nearly 700 mph, followed immediately by a rapid deceleration mode in which speed dropped to under 300 mph in only 6 seconds, all while in nearly level flight. No conventional aircraft is capable of decelerating like this in level flight. ".

I have to admit that i'd never previously given this video much consideration , and didn't even know that the fuddled-narrative on the video by the two Communications & Control operators had been transcribed, [let alone by three different professionals!]...Which I find is a step toward authenticating that the object in the film was indeed something anomalous. And not just some mocked-up video of a 'bunch of balloons' or something in the desert with some unrelated commentary added on later!

Here are the the three transcripts from Susan Michaels , Martin Powell and David Rudiak from his own site...

Of course none of this means that this video is 'definitely not faked'!..or that it is conclusive evidence of an extraterrestrial craft or probe!...But if it turns out to validate the film as a truly-anomalous object, genuinely filmed by an unimpeachable source [ie..US national security forces] ,..then the film that I had seen and summarily-dismissed as youtube-crap several times in the past, is far more interesting than I had thought!

And I would like to add that all of the speculation around the various sites about the film being of 'weather balloons', or of 'a man made craft/drone' is imo grasping at extremely unstable straws!...Balloons and human-built machines can not, and do not, move in the same way, or at the kinds of speeds that are being attributed to the object in the film.,...and as for a remotely controlled device [a toy] which is another popular suggestion for the identity of the object,...how and why would that be in the middle of America's most stringently policed no-go area?...oh!.and a 30-40 ft wide rc..?

Also,...I almost forgot to mention that here is another video-analysis made on the 'Sightings' show that appears to show that Nellis AFB wasn't the first location that this [possible] anomaly was filmed in...

in summary, I have to confess to being nonplussed about this particular case!!...and whatever the 'object' is, or supposed to be in the film....it is definitely a weird one!....What do you guys think about it...?

Cheers.

GORT...KLAATU BARADA NIKTO.

• Like 1

I see you saw "The Day the Earth Stood Still". One day it may if the land on the White House lawn.

I always found the Nellis Air Force Base UFO clip quite intriguing. One problem with the clip in your link is that it is several generations removed from the original and a bad copy at that. That's why the audio is impossible to make out.

If you look at a YT copy of the original 1992 broadcast where this case was first aired, you will see that the image and sound are clearer... and even that is a YT copy of a TV recording of the original show which itself was broadcast in low definition and recorded with VHS tape at the time.

[media=]

[/media]

The link you put was a later broadcast of "Sightings" and I am sorry to say that the analysis presented comparing this clip with some of the Mexican videos is rather weak... Some of the Mexican clips they show are clearly silver mylar balloons. They should have stuck with the Nellis clip !

Seeing a direct to digital copy of the original would be much more interesting, but I doubt we'll ever see that...

I always found the Nellis Air Force Base UFO clip quite intriguing. One problem with the clip in your link is that it is several generations removed from the original and a bad copy at that. That's why the audio is impossible to make out.

If you look at a YT copy of the original 1992 broadcast where this case was first aired, you will see that the image and sound are clearer... and even that is a YT copy of a TV recording of the original show which itself was broadcast in low definition and recorded with VHS tape at the time.

[media=]

[/media]

The link you put was a later broadcast of "Sightings" and I am sorry to say that the analysis presented comparing this clip with some of the Mexican videos is rather weak... Some of the Mexican clips they show are clearly silver mylar balloons. They should have stuck with the Nellis clip !

Seeing a direct to digital copy of the original would be much more interesting, but I doubt we'll ever see that...

Thanks for the video ufoscan!...Although you got the dates mixed up lol, the film-quality is better! :tu:

Cheers buddy.

I see you saw "The Day the Earth Stood Still". One day it may if the land on the White House lawn.

My favourite childhood documentary! lol....I always wanted to be as heroic as Claatu , as intelligent as Professor Barnhardt and have a mate like Gort!...but on fridays, I was Will Robinson for an hour or so!! :innocent:

Cheers.

This video is real and shows a flying craft with very unusual properties. Obviously the people who took it did not know what it was, but from what I've heard they weren't supposed to be filming it anyway.

If this was some very advanced "UFO" that we were testing, then the cameras should have been off. Of course, if it was something from "outside" that came wandering onto the range, then that makes it even more unusual.

Here again, it is not a balloon, bag or bird--nothing like that.

• Like 1

This video is real and shows a flying craft with very unusual properties. Obviously the people who took it did not know what it was, but from what I've heard they weren't supposed to be filming it anyway.

If this was some very advanced "UFO" that we were testing, then the cameras should have been off. Of course, if it was something from "outside" that came wandering onto the range, then that makes it even more unusual.

Hi MacGuffin!

Thanks for the reply my friend! :tu:

And yes it would appear that my initial dismissal of this video when I first saw it years ago, turns out to have been a little hasty!

It now seems to me [after a little research into the matter] that this 'unlikely-looking' UFO video is not in fact a hoax!...But just what it is...?..is anybody's guess!

I think that the fact that when I originally viewed the tape, and saw that it was claiming to have been filmed in the most secure area on earth ...along with it's..well let's say 'unusual' appearance ..My suspicions went into overdrive and failed to allow me to give any sort of lip-service to it!

But now having read much more about the provenance and video analysis...my interest in the film has increased exponentially!

And the fact that I found this video-testimony of design engineer Mr Don Phillips ,Lockheed Skunkworks CIA Contractor, in which he recounts states that Nellis is no stranger to UFO episodes...

"Groom Lake has been a UFO hotspot for years. In Disclosure Project's National Press Club Conference in 2001, Don Philips testified that one night in 1966, he and other employees at Nellis AFB witnessed 6-7 "darting light" UFOs, performing "impossible" aerial maneuvres (doing acute angle turns and rotating fast in a circle in the sky), also tracked on radar."

Cheers buddy.

No doubt ! No DOUBT ! It will Happen ! :alien::tu:

p.s Good video 1963 !

Edited by DONTEATUS

No doubt ! No DOUBT ! It will Happen ! :alien::tu:

p.s Good video 1963 !

I cant wait!..

gort.jpg

...and Thanks D! :tu:

Cheers buddy.

Hi MacGuffin!

Thanks for the reply my friend! :tu:

And yes it would appear that my initial dismissal of this video when I first saw it years ago, turns out to have been a little hasty!

It now seems to me [after a little research into the matter] that this 'unlikely-looking' UFO video is not in fact a hoax!...But just what it is...?..is anybody's guess!

I think that the fact that when I originally viewed the tape, and saw that it was claiming to have been filmed in the most secure area on earth ...along with it's..well let's say 'unusual' appearance ..My suspicions went into overdrive and failed to allow me to give any sort of lip-service to it!

But now having read much more about the provenance and video analysis...my interest in the film has increased exponentially!

And the fact that I found this video-testimony of design engineer Mr Don Phillips ,Lockheed Skunkworks CIA Contractor, in which he recounts states that Nellis is no stranger to UFO episodes...

"Groom Lake has been a UFO hotspot for years. In Disclosure Project's National Press Club Conference in 2001, Don Philips testified that one night in 1966, he and other employees at Nellis AFB witnessed 6-7 "darting light" UFOs, performing "impossible" aerial maneuvres (doing acute angle turns and rotating fast in a circle in the sky), also tracked on radar."

People have been seeing real UFOs there for many years, Bob Lazar or no Bob Lazar.

There are even reports that the "Phoenix Lights" UFO was first seen there.

Thanks for the video ufoscan!...Although you got the dates mixed up lol, the film-quality is better! :tu:

Cheers buddy.

I don't remember the exact dates (although I did watch the original "Sightings" episode when it first aired and also recorded it), but the 1992 date I wrote is the date in the title of the clip ! So if someone got the date wrong, it's the guy that put that date on the clip title ! :yes:

• 1 year later...

Hi guys!

I was wondering what you guys thought about 'The Nellis UFO Tape' of 1994, being called "The Best UFO Video Of All Time" by the folk over at one of my favourite online magazines [The Object Report]...?

..It goes on to feature 'a study of the video footage' by respected photographic investigator Martin Powell ....

which I found , proved only that the location was probably genuine...and then I found this better one from David Rudiak ...

..."
Just after making the turn, the UFO went into a high acceleration mode and in a space of only 7 seconds went from around 50 mph to nearly 700 mph, followed immediately by a rapid deceleration mode in which speed dropped to under 300 mph in only 6 seconds, all while in nearly level flight. No conventional aircraft is capable of decelerating like this in level flight. ".

I have to admit that i'd never previously given this video much consideration , and didn't even know that the fuddled-narrative on the video by the two Communications & Control operators had been transcribed, [let alone by three different professionals!]...Which I find is a step toward authenticating that the object in the film was indeed something anomalous. And not just some mocked-up video of a 'bunch of balloons' or something in the desert with some unrelated commentary added on later!

Here are the the three transcripts from Susan Michaels , Martin Powell and David Rudiak from his own site...

Of course none of this means that this video is 'definitely not faked'!..or that it is conclusive evidence of an extraterrestrial craft or probe!...But if it turns out to validate the film as a truly-anomalous object, genuinely filmed by an unimpeachable source [ie..US national security forces] ,..then the film that I had seen and summarily-dismissed as youtube-crap several times in the past, is far more interesting than I had thought!

And I would like to add that all of the speculation around the various sites about the film being of 'weather balloons', or of 'a man made craft/drone' is imo grasping at extremely unstable straws!...Balloons and human-built machines can not, and do not, move in the same way, or at the kinds of speeds that are being attributed to the object in the film.,...and as for a remotely controlled device [a toy] which is another popular suggestion for the identity of the object,...how and why would that be in the middle of America's most stringently policed no-go area?...oh!.and a 30-40 ft wide rc..?

Also,...I almost forgot to mention that here is another video-analysis made on the 'Sightings' show that appears to show that Nellis AFB wasn't the first location that this [possible] anomaly was filmed in...

in summary, I have to confess to being nonplussed about this particular case!!...and whatever the 'object' is, or supposed to be in the film....it is definitely a weird one!....What do you guys think about it...?

Cheers.

I question the amount of people communicating in this video,these threat radar stations are small,why hasn't anyone come forward with additional information,this video,is from the 1990's time frame,and if it is a advanced aircraft,,the height and distance,make it impossible to identify,why the hush hush,over a aircraft you can't identify.,.Red Flag must of been on,or why would they have had all these people on site and if so,why would they risk flying a vehicle into a active air space.If this was sold to Paramount,somebody made a few dollars,,so who were these people.If it was a contractor operating a threat radar site,or base personal,with all the chatter,how did this all go down,US government base,TV and film studio,and nobody knows nothing.My point is,there has been no follow up information,nothing,I would think there would of been a lot of back lash,nothing,its all quite on the western front.

Hi guys!

..."

Cheers.

Well that's what they implied or want us to believe,,but without any follow up,I'm not sure what I'm looking at.A advanced UAV,maybe,but with no follow up,your guess is as good as mine.I would love to here the facts.The timing could not of been better,the TV show sighting's and a video taken at a American airbase of a flying saucer,advanced aircraft ?.Its a good catch for sure,I guess time will tell all,at some point someone will step up and finish the story,at least I hope so.But beyond all this,lets face it,the aircraft flying today,most were designed a long time ago,.If I'm correct the SR-71 [fastest jet aircraft]was designed in the 50's,first flew in the 60's,so I can only guess what on the drawing board now.

Well that's what they implied or want us to believe,,but without any follow up,I'm not sure what I'm looking at.A advanced UAV,maybe,but with no follow up,your guess is as good as mine.I would love to here the facts.The timing could not of been better,the TV show sighting's and a video taken at a American airbase of a flying saucer,advanced aircraft ?.Its a good catch for sure,I guess time will tell all,at some point someone will step up and finish the story,at least I hope so.But beyond all this,lets face it,the aircraft flying today,most were designed a long time ago,.If I'm correct the SR-71 [fastest jet aircraft]was designed in the 50's,first flew in the 60's,so I can only guess what on the drawing board now.

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”

Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works

The movement of the 'craft' in the opening post video reminded me of what Bob Lazar said about craft

looking 'goofy' when they fly around at low speeds....because they were always chasing a little

distortion (created by gravity generators)...and with there being fluctuations in the earth's gravity

field as well...low speeds made them unstable.....??

This is said at the bit starting at 2.30 mins.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqvnbgGPdmI

I'm thinking that the op video is showing the testing of a human made craft...back engineered from an ET one... :)

The only problem is Bob Lazer has no credibility at all so I wouldn't take anything he says as evidence for your theory

The only problem is Bob Lazer has no credibility at all so I wouldn't take anything he says as evidence for your theory

:D

yes dr no...this is what we are trained and encouraged to believe....but...

no dr no....I don't have a problem with Bob Lazar....I think he's ok...

I think he has been targeted and called a liar etc etc because he broke ranks and spilt the beans...

no dr no....I don't have a problem with Bob Lazar....I think he's ok...

I think he has been targeted and called a liar etc etc because he broke ranks and spilt the beans...

No its not that I've been trained to believe its just that when someone says they went to MIT or Cal-Tech, yet can't remember any of his teachers,the teachers don't remember him and he doesn't appear in any of their Yearbooks,as Mr Lazar claimed,my bulls**t detector goes off the scale.He didn't break ranks because he was never a member of the ranks in the first place.

• Like 1

That is a bizarre and strange statement. Trained and encouraged by whom?

That is a bizarre and strange statement. Trained and encouraged by whom?

Can't say.....it's a secret

National Security and all that jazz.... B)

;)

• Like 1

They test a lot of weird stuff out there. There is nothing surprising in that video really. To be fair, the apparent sudden movements are mostly the camera being readjusted to follow the object.

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”

Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works

I don't buy it,when you listen to these so called experts talk,it sounds like school yard chatter.Its hard to say ,why some people make claims for which they can't back up.I'm open minded to anything,but I want to know the truth and most of what I have seen and heard ,makes little sense.Bob White and his metal that was, supposedly ejected from a UFO,alien implants,Steven Greer and his supposed communication with being's,Billy Meier ? ,etc its all without merit.I have seen some interesting photos,a few video's[a few] that are worth a second look,but they are far from being anything out of this world,but I'm still waiting,you never can say no.Personally,I think its going to take a few generations of advanced telescopes, to do the science needed in finding ET.I think at some point in time,we will be able to detect life on other planets ,by analyzing the chemical in the atmosphere's on these distant planets,well at least I hope so.From there will just have to see where it takes us.

I don't buy it,when you listen to these so called experts talk,it sounds like school yard chatter.Its hard to say ,why some people make claims for which they can't back up.I'm open minded to anything,but I want to know the truth and most of what I have seen and heard ,makes little sense.Bob White and his metal that was, supposedly ejected from a UFO,alien implants,Steven Greer and his supposed communication with being's,Billy Meier ? ,etc its all without merit.I have seen some interesting photos,a few video's[a few] that are worth a second look,but they are far from being anything out of this world,but I'm still waiting,you never can say no.Personally,I think its going to take a few generations of advanced telescopes, to do the science needed in finding ET.I think at some point in time,we will be able to detect life on other planets ,by analyzing the chemical in the atmosphere's on these distant planets,well at least I hope so.From there will just have to see where it takes us.

fair enough, its just that when you quoted the SR71 I would have thought you would listen to the 'head' of the company that built it. With regards to making claims he cant back up......I am sure he could but why would he? was he asked to?

And we all want to know the truth. We would all rather know than believe.

As for some of the examples posted (such as Billy Mier) if this is some of the best you have seen or heard, OR are basing your view on then I think you have chosen the worst and may be a little rash in your conclusions..