Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hitting the bulls' eye

markdohle

You would think we would learn from our mistakes. Perhaps we are not rational at all, but creatures who strive to be objective and just but get swallowed up in our interior world. Our past molds us, our present often is reacted to because of our past and the cycle seems to be permanent. There is hope of course, for there is some progress. We do have the concept of human rights, even if we have a hard time living up to the idea. Yet we know when we fail, so in that is the seed of hope and growth. We miss the mark a lot, but we can learn to aim better if we continue to at least try to hit the bulls’ eye.

• Like 1

You would think we would learn from our mistakes wouldn't you. For some of us we have to keep repeating the same mistakes before we learn then I don't think some ever do.

• Like 1

I think most of us do learn from our mistakes, eventually. And while our past does have a role in molding us, it doesn't have to dominate our adult life. If at my age I haven't dealt with issues like this and resolved them, then that's on me. We're all wounded, one way or another, but if we can find the wherewithal & courage it takes to begin healing, we can move forward and create the life we want instead of the life we had and we can begin to act instead of react.

You would think we would learn from our mistakes. Perhaps we are not rational at all, but creatures who strive to be objective and just but get swallowed up in our interior world. Our past molds us, our present often is reacted to because of our past and the cycle seems to be permanent. There is hope of course, for there is some progress. We do have the concept of human rights, even if we have a hard time living up to the idea. Yet we know when we fail, so in that is the seed of hope and growth. We miss the mark a lot, but we can learn to aim better if we continue to at least try to hit the bulls’ eye.

When you say 'bulls' eye' are you deliberately talking about more than one bull, or is it a typo? It changes how I interpret the post so please let me know which you intended :)

When you say 'bulls' eye' are you deliberately talking about more than one bull, or is it a typo? It changes how I interpret the post so please let me know which you intended :)

I met one bulls eye, but can easiy mean more as well. We have many chances in life to get it right or wrong. If you have not noticed, I suck at language LOL.....almost failed English, grammar was beyond me......

Peace

mark

I think most of us do learn from our mistakes, eventually. And while our past does have a role in molding us, it doesn't have to dominate our adult life. If at my age I haven't dealt with issues like this and resolved them, then that's on me. We're all wounded, one way or another, but if we can find the wherewithal & courage it takes to begin healing, we can move forward and create the life we want instead of the life we had and we can begin to act instead of react.

Always love your wisdom my friend.

peace

mark

• Like 1

I met one bulls eye, but can easiy mean more as well. We have many chances in life to get it right or wrong. If you have not noticed, I suck at language LOL.....almost failed English, grammar was beyond me......

Peace

mark

Always love your wisdom my friend.

peace

mark

And you are absolutely right, Mark, there is ALWAYS hope; that's how we create a better future.