Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prehistoric man ate pandas

ozman

In a newspaper interview, Wei Guangbiao says prehistoric man ate the bears in what is now part of the city of Chongqing in southwest China.

Wei, the head of the Institute of Three Gorges Paleoanthropology at a Chongqing museum, says many excavated panda fossils "showed that pandas were once slashed to death by man."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz29L4qi5k4

Edited by ozman
  • Like 1

I wonder what panda tastes like, and do you have to cook it all the way through?

I like my panda rare.

• Like 1

Say it ain't so....did they have a side dish of Koala and puppies too? :cry:

• Like 1

Wonder what panda taste like? We don't eat them anymore that is good

If they gotta eat they gotta eat. Just because it's cute doesn't mean it wasn't tasty. I could never eat an ugly animal...

We're talking China here...of course they ate pandas.They'd eat any darned thing on the planet there. :rolleyes: and what they can't eat they turn into junk medicine.

When we went to Beijing to adopt, our guide, who was from the south of the country, had just lost her dog to a neighbors outdoor grill...she was heart broken. She called them savages... Apparently the south part of China has different dietary customs than the north.

• Like 1

When we went to Beijing to adopt, our guide, who was from the south of the country, had just lost her dog to a neighbors outdoor grill...she was heart broken. She called them savages... Apparently the south part of China has different dietary customs than the north.

I'd go to prison for murder if someone ate my dog.

In a newspaper interview, Wei Guangbiao says prehistoric man ate the bears in what is now part of the city of Chongqing in southwest China.

Wei, the head of the Institute of Three Gorges Paleoanthropology at a Chongqing museum, says many excavated panda fossils "showed that pandas were once slashed to death by man."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz29L4qi5k4

why is this such an issue?s people hunt and eat bear here in canada to this day. i find it a bit gross but not unethical.

• Like 2

I wonder what panda tastes like, and do you have to cook it all the way through?

Tastes like Bamboo shoots,thats all they eat.

Eldorado, I'm with you. I'd go to prison too.

And totally agree on the horses. So disgusting. I don't eat my friends :(

• Like 1

I'd go to prison for murder if someone ate my dog.

It's one thing if they went to the market and bought a dog, but to catch a dog that could be a person's pet? Nasty buggers.

On topic....this is a no brainer to me. Prehistoric man would have eaten anything that moved in order to survive. Why would pandas be any different?

• Like 1

Well people eat black bear, so this is hardly a surprise; people eat whatever they have to to survive. From what I have read you can eat any mammal species once cooked, with the exception of polar bear liver which contains such high levels of vitamin A that it is poisonous. This is not to say that everything will taste good or that you would even want to eat it (I'm thinking skunk here). The fact that the giant panda is almost entirely vegetarian probably would make it taste better than black bear, which I have never tried but is supposed to be very gamey.

While the panda has few natural enemies, except possible the tiger, it does has a restricted diet of only a few bamboo species. Individual bamboo species generally flowers in mass and then all die after producing seed, and if the panda does not find another bamboo species they can starve. They also seems to have a rather poor reproduction rate, at least in captivity and an every increasingly smaller and fragmented habitat as humans expand their range in China. Still, it makes one wonder if human predation also has anything to do with its current rarity.

Prehistoric man ate Pandas, and why not. I don't think they had the options we have today, luckily for them they did not have PETA either...

Eating Panda now would be a shocker, back then it may have been a necessity.

BTW Did you hear about the Gigolo Panda.........?

He eats, shoots and leaves. ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 2

PETA=Panda eating terrible ancestors

Eats shoots and leaves...Oh Chubb

Edited by Idano
  • Like 2