Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What if money was no issue?

Render

If we all did what we love, who would collect the trash?

Take care of it yourself.

Take care of it yourself.

I don't see that happening. We can all recycle and do we all do that? Not even close.

My post was a joke anyway. I liked the video and the idea behind it.

People who love collecting trash...

Haha maybe, but I'd like to meet enough of them to clean up our world's garbage. See post above.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I'd open a huuuuuge shelter for animals. I'd feed them and they would have everything they could ever possibly need .. There would never be hungry, wounded, abused and abandonned animals any more.

• Like 2

That question is bull**** to begin with. If everyone did what they wanted, there'd be no janitors, because no one would clean **** up if they didn't need the money.

• Like 2

That question is bull**** to begin with. If everyone did what they wanted, there'd be no janitors, because no one would clean **** up if they didn't need the money.

The question is not BS. It's not about advocating such a world. It's about looking at yourself and your desires, free from money and having to do something that is better for your wallet instead of yourself.

• Like 2

travel the states and taste test hamburgers all over the country. I hear that there are some real good BBQ cheeseburgers somewhere on the east coast ( can't remember where though so would have to travel to find them.) was it boston?

Edited by mysticwerewolf
  • Like 2

Good video, however there will always be things that need to be done that are not pleasant. Getting money, which is really a return of energy is what makes it bearable. It would be good to live and do what you want, to put the idea of money aside, but once you get a family, well the cycle continues. On the other hand, to have a job one does not like does not have to be the end. If family and other values are kept central, then perhaps things will balance. For me, I need time, lots of it to be myself, many are like that. Those that snap, are for me people who need time to regroup their energy and can't. Too much noise, talk and god knows what else that people are brainwashed into wanting and desiring. I really takes very little to make us happy, and if we work and live a simple life, then I believe some degree of happiness will follow.

Ayn Rand, when I read her works in my 20's made this point about money: "Money is energy", we get back what we put in, so money is important in any job.

I loved the video, thanks for posting it.

Peace

mark

Edited by markdohle

I would def travel out to some animal shelters in other countries and here in the UK, I would give money food and my time to help out!

I would own a farm, the Fiancee could have her animals and I would have a unit where I could build all the mad vehicles/machines I want. and a nice spotless garage for all the classic cars and bikes.

I'd become a Philanthropist.

It is my dream to help as many people in need as I can. In fact, it isn't just a game to me as I have plans to become wealthy and I will make it, sooner or later.

Sure, I'd like to have certain things, but attaining possessions gets old fast. IMO, helping others never gets old or monotonous. My other dream is to be able to help while maintaining anonymity. I don't want any accolades, buildings named after me, pats on the back, etc... Just knowing another child isn't going to starve or children have a school to go to is all the thanks I need.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

IF u have a million bucks or a billion bucks and you spend it all money is an issue.

Ask yourself. What would you do with your life if money was no object?

I would buy a friend his eye-lift procedure; have a beachfront ashram with plenty of parking space; invite saints and mystics from around the globe to continually bless that ashram; produce and direct my scripts; set up trust funds... As for myself, I don't want much, just the basics. I'm actually selling practically everything I own. My life is completely different nowadays compared to 2 years ago.

Peace.

Hmmm, so actually 2 out of the 3 here prove that money is a necessary element in society to keep ppl ambitious, to accomplish things.

I find it odd how some simply say "travel" or "lay on the beach all day every day". What about purpose? If i have to believe you guys, ppl would completely loose a sense of purpose if money would not be an issue. That's pretty sad.

What would ppl do with their lives? Sure I'd also would take more vacations, but what else??? What would you become? A painter? A scientist? A philosopher? A CEO? Or just a non-ambitious tourist for the rest of your life?

You see... The problem is that the premise was that money was not an issue... not talent... Everyone has the talent to be a tourist... Not quite as many to be artists, scientists, etc...

• Like 1

I am already working on my own little business, and I wont stop.. So, if money was no object, I would go all out and run my own business, and expand.. I love to do that, I have sat up for countless hours selling on line, and I would do it again and again.. I love to create and sell..

At the min, I am lending a hand to my husbands TV aerial and Satellite business part time. .( I have a 7 month old baby boy at home to look after ) But I have ventured off to bigger ideas of my own.. Any time I get the chance, I work away at it.. So again - Money being no object? Would make me work more and more, I wouldn't quit ..I already encourage my young daughter to keep working as hard as she can..If money was no object, it would lift part of the weight off my shoulders

• Like 1

What you aint got you cant spend,no problem !

You see... The problem is that the premise was that money was not an issue... not talent... Everyone has the talent to be a tourist... Not quite as many to be artists, scientists, etc...

Apparantly it's difficult for some ppl to think of this question in more abstract terms.

What the question means is "what would you do if didn't have to worry about the obstacle money can be"

For example, a lot of ppl skip college because they simply can't afford it. Some want to be lawyers, rocket scientists, astronauts but cant. Because the lack of finance won't let them.

Science isn't a talent, it's thinking about things...every child is a scientist, they wonder and they ask questions and they test things. It's not a special talent.

It is possible to have a no currency society...but if money isn't an issue, the resources would be...that would eventually lead to expansion to gain more resources...not just on Earth.....Pretty much colonizations of other worlds without money holding it back.

There is a difference between money being no object and having all the money in the world to spend......... in any case, i would be a self sufficient farmer.. i would raise goats, chickens and also have gardens and an orchard..... this is something i am working on now(already have chickens and started an orchard)... it is a bit harder to do because money is a barrier but slowly and surely i will get to where i want to be.