Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]96-year-old Indian 'is world's oldest father'

Still Waters

Ramajit Raghav of Kharkhoda village, near Sonepat, Haryana, close to India's capital New Delhi, became a father for the first time in 2010 when he was 94.

Last week became a father for the second time when his young wife bore him a son.

http://www.telegraph...est-father.html

• Like 1

Wonder how old his wife is...

Well done old man!

:tu:

• Like 1

So does that mean his wife has to change diapers for 3 now?

Also I think it kinda wrong to sterilize his wife instead of himself. I mean he is 96 he isn;t going to live a whole lot longer.

"Mr Raghav attributes his own virility to a teetotal lifestyle and a diet rich in fruit and dairy".

Virility? It took him 94yrs to lose his virginity, fgs. Dirty old rascal. And the least said about his first name, the better. In my opinion.

Edited by Eldorado

Great. Like he'll be around for the kid much longer.

• Like 2

At 96.. he is hardly going to be the father the kid needs.. he wont be around long..

I can hear that kid saying many years from now - Kid - My father was never around when I was growing up.. Why was that? Kid - He died of old age by the time I was 4...!!

• Like 2

Great. Like he'll be around for the kid much longer.

At 96.. he is hardly going to be the father the kid needs.. he wont be around long..

I can hear that kid saying many years from now - Kid - My father was never around when I was growing up.. Why was that? Kid - He died of old age by the time I was 4...!!

Looks like its up to the women to make the sensible comments on this story, it does seem 'thoughtless' to enter parenthood at this age. He has had 90 years to get round to this, now he has he might not get to enjoy the fruits of his labour for very long and leave a single parent family behind...

On the other hand, do we know for sure he is 96?

• Like 4

My first question is how old is the mother ? She is probably like 12 or something....... You know your thinking it ,

Second - Is there a neighborhood guy or male relative that hangs around ?

Third - Was there a turkey baster involved ?

Wow, when I'm 96 I'll be impressed if my equipment still works and I remember what it's for!

His wife will be a young widowed mother soon. Kind of selfish to father a child that late in life, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Looks like its up to the women to make the sensible comments on this story, it does seem 'thoughtless' to enter parenthood at this age. He has had 90 years to get round to this, now he has he might not get to enjoy the fruits of his labour for very long and leave a single parent family behind...

On the other hand, do we know for sure he is 96?

He could well be 96... My great ( and late ) aunt Mary died at 106 and I kid you not, but everyone believed she looked in her early 80's .and she was a good 26 years older than what they thought ..When they were told 106 going on 107..they did seem rather surprised.. and she still had her wits about her .. Looking younger.. she put that down to olive oil every day and a good diet.. ( meat and veg ).. Kept active as much as possible

Edited by Beckys_Mom

WTG old man. To be a vigin that long

I think I've given his record a run for it's money.

I've been around since before Christ.

• Like 1

He could well be 96... My great ( and late ) aunt Mary died at 106 and I kid you not, but everyone believed she looked in her early 80's .and she was a good 26 years older than what they thought ..When they were told 106 going on 107..they did seem rather surprised.. and she still had her wits about her .. Looking younger.. she put that down to olive oil every day and a good diet.. ( meat and veg ).. Kept active as much as possible

I have no doubts a 96 year old man who is fit and well could father a child BM. :)

My doubts are the accuracy of his age keeping, whether he has a birth certificate etc. I lose track of my age and I am not even half as old as this guy, without confirmation of what year I was born I could be well of the mark by the time I reach my seventies, let alone my nineties as well as being able to exaggerate my age with no proof that I am not bending the truth.

There have been a good few 'I am the worlds oldest' claims that have not been recognised for various reasons, this may well be one of them. Seeing as I have brought it up though the next time I see a picture of him he will probably be holding his birth certificate.

Edited by Junior Chubb

Well that's what happens when we hold it for too long, stuff becomes potent.

This man wouldn't be the first old timer to father a child. It happens more often than we hear about. There are a lot of cultures that will marry their young daughter off to old men and men can perform till their last breath. the problem usually lies in the quality of his sperm, the older the parents are the higher the chance of genetic problems. But this guy seems to be on to something with the fruit and the butter and whatever the heck he eats.

So, you go boy!! Its all good.

Edited by Lava_Lady

I have no doubts a 96 year old man who is fit and well could father a child BM. :)

My doubts are the accuracy of his age keeping, whether he has a birth certificate etc. I lose track of my age and I am not even half as old as this guy, without confirmation of what year I was born I could be well of the mark by the time I reach my seventies, let alone my nineties as well as being able to exaggerate my age with no proof that I am not bending the truth.

There have been a good few 'I am the worlds oldest' claims that have not been recognised for various reasons, this may well be one of them. Seeing as I have brought it up though the next time I see a picture of him he will probably be holding his birth certificate.

it could be tat he is 96 but the baby is someone elses...
  • Like 1

My point was not to say - Oh no doubt he can father a child.. My point was that he could well be 96 and look younger.. hence why I mentioned my great aunt who looked over 20 years younger and she was 106.... I don't know if he did father the baby for sure.. He could be covering for someone else? I don't know and don't care...I just hope the kid has a decent life regardless

• Like 1

My point was not to say - Oh no doubt he can father a child.. My point was that he could well be 96 and look younger.. hence why I mentioned my great aunt who looked over 20 years younger and she was 106.... I don't know if he did father the baby for sure.. He could be covering for someone else? I don't know and don't care...I just hope the kid has a decent life regardless

He certainly does look younger than he claims. I was going to add at the end of my last post that he has less forehead creases than me. The trouble is its not nice to admit you have a more wrinkly forehead than a 96 year old...

Snap on the kids though :)

• Like 1

The trouble is its not nice to admit you have a more wrinkly forehead than a 96 year old...

Ha ha well maybe you are one who likes to raise his eyebrows a lot and maybe screw your face up brave and often lol ...I joke with the last part..

Pile cream ( for shrinking piles ) ..I use a little every so often..I have no wrinkles or bags around my eyes ..