Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Songs to play at your funeral?

Ashotep

I don't get the long list of songs people have... Who is going to hang around all day at a funeral, listening to the deceased top 40 ? lol

because there'll be like a two hour viewing on tuesday night, two hours wed afternoon, two hours wed evening, and then the actually funeral thursday morning. 6 plus hours of dead air to fill...

...besides....the music aint for the people hanging around...its for me!!!

Edited by The Mule
  • Like 1

because there'll be like a two hour viewing on tuesday night, two hours wed afternoon, two hours wed evening, and then the actually funeral thursday morning. 6 plus hours of dead air to fill...

When I die..I want a quick funeral and no dead air to fill.. Last thing I would want, is people moping around for hours..

..besides....the music aint for the people hanging around...its for me!!!

When I die.. I wont hear it.. it wont matter what they play...

When I die..I want a quick funeral and no dead air to fill.. Last thing I would want, is people moping around for hours..

When I die.. I wont hear it.. it wont matter what they play...

Its going to cost a small fortune for the funeral, might as well get their money's worth

How do you know you wont hear it?

• Like 1

Its going to cost a small fortune for the funeral, might as well get their money's worth

If others are paying for my funeral.. then why would I want it all my way?

How do you know you wont hear it?

If I did, the doctors would have made a wrong call................ RIP-And quiet lol

If others are paying for my funeral.. then why would I want it all my way?

If I did, the doctors would have made a wrong call................ RIP-And quiet lol

Aren't I supossed to be the skeptic and you the beleiver???

On a more serious note....I was working on a song when my grandfather passed away, I wrote the lyrics the night I heard he died, and we recorded the vocals right after his funeral, without even changing clothes. I guess it too should play at my funeral

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=76575&q=hi&newref=1

• Like 1

Aren't I supossed to be the skeptic and you the beleiver???

Believing is one thing... knowing is another.. Truth is we do not know for sure..

I want my funeral to be quick and not long winded I see no point in showering nothing but soppy long boring songs that may wind up depressing people more than they ever were... I want to be remembered as cheerful and funny.. .A quick song..have a few laughs about the funny things we all did...bury me fast, and go off and have a drink... No sitting listening to long boring songs ..crying and moping about.. it wont bring me back... I also want something funny and cheerful written on my head stone... that will make my kids / loved ones smile each time they visit my grave... if they can be bothered to visit lol

• Like 1

Believing is one thing... knowing is another.. Truth is we do not know for sure..

I want my funeral to be quick and not long winded I see no point in showering nothing but soppy long boring songs that may wind up depressing people more than they ever were... I want to be remembered as cheerful and funny.. .A quick song..have a few laughs about the funny things we all did...bury me fast, and go off and have a drink... No sitting listening to long boring songs ..crying and moping about.. it wont bring me back... I also want something funny and cheerful written on my head stone... that will make my kids / loved ones smile each time they visit my grave... if they can be bothered to visit lol

Well.. The majority of people that would show up at mine would be people just making sure I really am gone... So I want a Loooooong drawn out funeral, the more boring the better, and I hope it's raining - a lot.... :D

But a buffet would be nice...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 2

Well.. The majority of people that would show up at mine would be people just making sure I really am gone... So I want a Loooooong drawn out funeral, the more boring the better, and I hope it's raining - a lot.... :D

But a buffet would be nice...

I just don't like being over crowded lol :P

Bring your own sandwiches .. it's a stingy funeral !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

People can play whatever they want at my funeral... frankly, I won't be there to enjoy it. And if they play something I don't like, there's very little chance I'll be upset about it. LOL.

Funerals are for living, not the dead.

• Like 1

If my husband plays Garth Brooks at my funeral... I hope there is an afterlife.. so I can haunt the living crap out of him...lol

• Like 4

I want my funeral to be FUN. Everyone will be issued with glow sticks and dance to 70's disco music....and if they don't I'll haunt them forever!

I want my life celebrated not mourned th_discosmiley.gif

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mr Brightside by The Killers of course..

I don't want any party songs played though.

It has to be sombre and modern.

• Like 1

I don't think I'll have anything played. I don't think anyone will come to my funeral anyway.

If possible, I'd just let my actions in life speak for me at my funeral instead of a song.

I haven't heard those songs, maybe I'll give them a listen.

They are old songs but good.

They are going to have to listen to my sad modern songs at my funeral. I wanted to be cremated but they insist on a funeral and planting me on boot hill. Afterwards everyone can go get drunk.

Would you believe I had a brain fart and forgot I started this topic. Please forgive me.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd play Alice in Chains - Man in the Box, pun most definately intended.

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 2

Might be a little too on the nose but...

[media=]

[/media]

Either that or "I'll Make Love to You" by Boys II Men. To keeps things sexy.

• Like 1

One Gurkha piper..........

• Like 1

[media=]http://youtu.be/5eIk5DWUx_E[/media]

Yet,what would be even better is if i could choreograph a ballet to it first.

There are so many more songs on my funeral list.

I may add them, some other time....This one however has stood out above all the others since I first heard a live performance of it at the Liverpool philharmonic. When I was about five or six.

Edited by Blue Star