Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guy Hacks into NASA and Pentagon Computers

stevemagegod

This thread is So Old NEws ! ANd this Guy is not worth the time spent even reading about it

:no:

But what he discovered may well be.

You need to offer more than simply "believe me".

Not "believe me"; believe them. That's the hinge point of the whole thread.

He is a crook and a petty thief.

What did he steal then?

What did he steal then?

He stole the ego, pride, and credibility of the US State Department.

He gave Hilary a ruined day career.

• Like 1

You remind me of a part of a Bobby Kennedy speech in 1966:

"Few are willing to brave the disapproval of their fellows, the censure of their colleagues, the wrath of their society. Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Yet it is the one essential, vital quality for those who seek to change a world that yields most painfully to change."

I kinda like Assanges approach:

"you can't publish a paper on physics without the full experimental data and results; that should be the standard in journalism.

Boy howdy, how that would change many aspects of the discussions held on these boards. The UFO phenomena itself would have a different face today.

think that one needs to go in my sig........

On the subject of Aspergers - Mckinnon was diagnosed by 3 of the worlds leading experts on the subject, they made no mention of his crime having no bearing on his condition, and found he fitted the criteria of the condition, hence diagnosing him as such. So has anybody on this thread actually seen their notes, the medical records that were compiled, or are you in any position at all to know more about Aspergers and it's relation to Mckinnon crime then those 3 Dr's? (the Dr's in question were Professor Simon Baron Cohen, Professor Jeremy Turk and Professor Thomas Bernie).

Professor Fahy and Professor Murphy are leading psychiatric experts who deemed the risk as moderate, but it was Dr Vermeulen who stated he was unfit to stand trial.

Not "believe me"; believe them. That's the hinge point of the whole thread.

No, it is believe you. Buzz Aldrin said that he in no way supports the claims made by the "The Science Channel" Were not at all true and that they made them up. Roswell Rods have a perfectly reasonable explanation that one can demonstrate for themselves in their own backyard, but you told everyone to listen to the promoter of the scam.

Why do you refuse to accept the major failings known to be associated with testimony? Do you feel those people that spent 10 years on death row, or worse, are perfectly justified by what testimony brought to those cases?

You represent the worst UFOlogy has to offer. The credulous, the snake oil salesmen. This is why UFOlogy wears the tin foil hat tag, and as long as people promote it in this backwards fashion, that is where it shall reside. A little research goes a long way. And if you were to research a smattering of IT practices and methodology, you would not be taken in by people like McKinnon, but as long as all that matters to you is the letters U,F and O, then you will remain in this endless circle of credulous belief. Did you know even authors research a subject before including in their novels? Good ones do anyway. Even fiction has an element of research to be at all valuable. That is the difference I guess.

This one however, was the bottom of the barrel. When you advocate crime to satisfy your fantasy, then you have lost all objectivity and credibility. Only those with the same mindset and the IT ignorant could possibly consider blatant BS such as has been presented by McKinnon to be believable. Like I said, you crossed a line, you're not just a crackpot anymore, your a dangerous one. Crime is never OK. Not even for a good story.

Edited by psyche101

But what he discovered may well be.

Based on what? His list of "officers" or the partial picture he never got to view in full? Even McKinnon did not find anything concrete he just claimed to have found some names he did not recognise and made up a story to go with it.

Edited by psyche101

What did he steal then?

Everything he wrecked. All the notes that he wrote over with his stupid SOLO slogan. If you do not have it anymore, I consider it stolen.

He stole the ego, pride, and credibility of the US State Department.

He gave Hilary a ruined day career.

Yes, indeed. But what leg have the US got to stand on now with cases like that soldier who went off tap in the middle east, and now the middle east wants to try him? The very reason for wanting to try that soldier on home ground contravenes the reason for bringing McKinnon to the US.

It would be interesting to see what Britain thinks of that.

Timing had a lot to do with it. And the fact that they had to make a big hullabaloo to cover their own blunders. That Admin account should not have been left open. The computer admins should have been tarred and feathered, but obviously used geek speak to squirm out of trouble with superiors. What he did was show the defence systems to be useless, and I bet there were some multi million dollar decisions to move over to the XP operating system. Like I say that Bill Gates did not get a mention here is astounding, and I have little doubt a lot to do with the hullabaloo. Businesses have been protesting about the insecurity of Windows software, an indeed even here in Australia have had contingents at the airports waiting to meet him to ask him why they paid so much for such an insecure system, top that of with the fact that no proper admin was involved to set the system up (not included in the price maybe?), and some high profile backsides that I expected to cop a roasting never got a mention. I think there is some dirty play at work, but not related to UFO's. Business deals. And worth a pretty penny I bet. That is how they managed to justify a massive bill against McKinnon for repairs in the courts system. I strongly suspect that much of the alleged "damage" was supposed to be initial set up that was never completed.

Assange has upset a whole different group of people altogether.

I asked my Networking Professor on how in the hell could they not have passwords on the admin accounts. He said that the higher the up you are in clarence the harder it is to get asscess without approval from people above. Makes sense but still no wonder we lose are most valuable information to Chinese Hackers ever year.

Edited by stevemagegod

I asked my Networking Professor on how in the hell could they not have passwords on the admin accounts. He said that the higher the up you are in clarence the harder it is to get asscess without approval from people above. Makes sense but still no wonder we lose are most valuable information to Chinese Hackers ever year.

To be perfectly honest, I think the computers did not have passworded admin accounts because Microsoft dropped the ball. The required training for the new system was not there. It comes like that as a default setting.

"Delete last transmission"

"There on to me"

"Respond only If you have fully functioning Grey matter"

"End transmission" :whistle:

"Call Lawyers"

• 1 month later...

I can't help but think there's more to this than just a lucky break for this guy. I think he knows something and he's traded his silence for his freedom. If he went to trial, he could sing like a bird even if it's a load of lies, and cause all manner of diplomatic problems. Now that he is probably read the wikileaks stuff, he could embellish the stories even more and big brother would have a b**** of a time proving him wrong without giving up the real secrets. I think it's BS that he's let off on compassionate grounds.

Hacker McKinnon will not face charges in the UK after US extradition blocked

Computer hacker Gary McKinnon will not face criminal charges in the UK, the country’s top prosecutor has said, two months after his extradition to America was blocked.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet-security/9745770/Hacker-McKinnon-will-not-face-charges-in-the-UK-after-US-extradition-blocked.html

Psyche - Do you remember the days of Wardriving? Having to dial in to each network you wanted to access via amazing 8bit land line? lol!

Psyche - Do you remember the days of Wardriving? Having to dial in to each network you wanted to access via amazing 8bit land line? lol!

Oh darn...my first modem, 300Baud, next 2,400baud. And the efficiency of the BBS system for "emails" :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Oh darn...my first modem, 300Baud, next 2,400baud. And the efficiency of the BBS system for "emails" :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

I remember those days..

and the days where 'you will never fill a 270meg hdd'.. they were massive..

• Like 1

I remember those days..

and the days where 'you will never fill a 270meg hdd'.. they were massive..

Oh yeah....my first HDD was 100M and it was not only massive, but probably had the same price tag as a pretty capable jet fighter :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

I can't help but think there's more to this than just a lucky break for this guy. I think he knows something and he's traded his silence for his freedom. If he went to trial, he could sing like a bird even if it's a load of lies, and cause all manner of diplomatic problems. Now that he is probably read the wikileaks stuff, he could embellish the stories even more and big brother would have a b**** of a time proving him wrong without giving up the real secrets. I think it's BS that he's let off on compassionate grounds.

Hacker McKinnon will not face charges in the UK after US extradition blocked

Computer hacker Gary McKinnon will not face criminal charges in the UK, the country’s top prosecutor has said, two months after his extradition to America was blocked.

http://www.telegraph...on-blocked.html

I think one of these is the case:

1/ The government know that there really is no UFO cover up and so let him off cause they know he knows nothing

or

2/ He made a deal to keep quiet about everything in exchange for freedom..

I think the same as you, number 2

Edited by uprize

I think one of these is the case:

1/ The government know that there really is no UFO cover up and so let him off cause they know he knows nothing

or

2/ He made a deal to keep quiet about everything in exchange for freedom..

I think the same as you, number 2

I agree.

...and I know some members figure he saw nothing by using his Mom's old dial-up modem. That's true. But when I refer to possible "secrets" he may have uncovered, I'm not thinking in terms of UFO's specifically. In fact I doubt that. I would think IF there is some coverup in place regarding this, the files would be under such strict control no one could ever hack in.

There could have been any number of text documents he could have seen. It may be difficult for the authorities to determine exactly what was viewed. I can well imagine that if he accessed a lot of PC's which had no passwords in place, some of the owners of those machines may well have realized it and erased his tracks to cover their own ass.

My point about the Wikileaks stuff, is that he could have viewed them (very likely) since they were released, and made up some very embellished tales that would put authorities in a nasty position. McKinnon would have likely pulled all the stops to defend himself.

I bet every time he uses a computer for the rest of his life, big brother will be monitoring his every move.

One thing's for sure. He won't be travelling to the USA anytime soon for a vacation!

Just for the record... every security software can be hacked. If you would want a fullproof software well... it would take years to fill and fix every hole in it...

Your browser in made with such ease and haste it has lots of security holes... That is something you learn when you study certain programming platforms...

Just for the record... every security software can be hacked. If you would want a fullproof software well... it would take years to fill and fix every hole in it...

Your browser in made with such ease and haste it has lots of security holes... That is something you learn when you study certain programming platforms...

True.

There would be extreme measures of security that do work on computers containing such files. You just don't have the computer hooked up to the internet. That's what I mean. You can't hack into that.

• Like 1

There would be extreme measures of security that do work on computers containing such files. You just don't have the computer hooked up to the internet. That's what I mean. You can't hack into that.

That would actually be one of the most unique securty measure, nice idea... i am in computers and all never thought about that one ^^.