Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman fails to shut down Hadron Collider

Saru

To her credit, the Hadron collider might actually be creating black holes. Possibly thousands / millions by now. They are super tiny and break down in a few nanoseconds (micro black holes). I'm sure there's a model in which a micro black hole can get shot just the right way and achieve just the right amount of stability to grow when it collides with the machinery around it. Even if it's a one in a trillion chance of happening in the lifetime of the device, is it something we should be toying with? The prevalent theories of today say it can't happen or even if it does, it'll evaporate at the quantum level, but the prevalent theories of today are not perfect. I personally think there's no danger, but I'm not perfect as well :devil:

People seem to forget that our own atmosphere is doing EXACTLY the same thing as the Hadron Collider but it's doing it much faster and it's been doing it for billions of years.

(http://www.sciencebase.com/large-hadron-collider.html)

"With long odds of 50-billion to 1 against of a microscopic black hole even forming, the chances of it not simply falling apart on its creation and spawning a shower of new and exotic particles are as close to zero as you can get."

Not gonna happen folks.