Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Predator X was not as massive & fearsome

Still Waters

Introduced to the world in 2009, Predator X was hailed as the most fearsome of all prehistoric creatures.

An immense, big-headed marine reptile - said to have been 50ft long with a bite four times more powerful as Tyrannosaurus rex - spawned a host of excited commentary, documentaries and even a B-movie.

Now, four years after the initial discovery of the beast's fossilised remains, Predator X has finally been given a technical description and a name - and it seems the hype overreached the facts.

http://www.dailymail...ng-thought.html

• Like 3

This is not a "marine reptile" or a "reptile" as fox news so haphazardly describes... it is an AVIAN dinosaur!

Bird. Not lizard.

Sorry but, for once, fox has it right. Pliosaurs are marine reptiles not dinosaurs. And certainly not avian dinosaurs. They evolved completely separately.

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1

This is not a "marine reptile" or a "reptile" as fox news so haphazardly describes... it is an AVIAN dinosaur!

Bird. Not lizard.

Please keep the banter about the evil "FOX News" in the political arena.

Man, I exited every pool I was ever in as a kid quicker because of the movie Jaws.... Jaws was scary to me but that thing would be a nightmare!!

Megalodon still holds the record for most powerful bite, even more than T-Rex and Predator X.

The question is, Megalodon or Predator X? Predator X is bigger (or could be) but Megalodon has a more powerful bite.

I'll always remember that video of a T-Rex vs Titanoboa with both sides being show how they would win. So, do Megalodon vs Predator X.

Titanoboa-Monster-dinosaurs-631.jpg

I saw the tv show on predator x.thats cool its a new species.

I wonder if they will ever find another one..

• Like 1

I was just thinking that. I saw a documentary on this same team, and that dig site photo looked like it was from the show. They found all kind of unusual new information during that show, but if it was about this exact find, they didn't know what they had at the time.

• Like 1

I still wouldn't like to encounter that on a nice afternoon swim!

• Like 1

What an awesome sea monster that critter is!! Jeeze the picture is fearsome. No wonder the aquatics marched up out of the water to become land animals!!

• Like 1

I was a predator x once in my younger days at the night clubs lol :yes:

• Like 2

can't be new species if its dead. more like old new species.

• 2 months later...

"roamed the world's oceans over 150 million years ago" cuz the atheist bible-denying money loving cultists said so! Be ashamed for pushing this crap. How many more mass murders by atheists need to happen before you immature babies admit the Bible is true. You're true idiots. God forgive you if that's possible, for narcissists and psychopaths it's not, commit yourselves to a mental institution please.

http://eternian.wordpress.com/evidence

"roamed the world's oceans over 150 million years ago" cuz the atheist bible-denying money loving cultists said so! Be ashamed for pushing this crap. How many more mass murders by atheists need to happen before you immature babies admit the Bible is true. You're true idiots. God forgive you if that's possible, for narcissists and psychopaths it's not, commit yourselves to a mental institution please.

Lets see, what would be the most dangerous mind set to have... to follow blindly or to openly question? Simple question from a true idiot.

Also, why even read something if you know that you cannot even remotely agree or relate to it.

If we all had time machines man would have never learned to swim back then. Evolution is great and we evolved with out these things. Damn jaws music.....

From the looks of it that is where you are posting from.

Introduced to the world in 2009, Predator X was hailed as the most fearsome of all prehistoric creatures.

An immense, big-headed marine reptile - said to have been 50ft long with a bite four times more powerful as Tyrannosaurus rex - spawned a host of excited commentary, documentaries and even a B-movie.

Now, four years after the initial discovery of the beast's fossilised remains, Predator X has finally been given a technical description and a name - and it seems the hype overreached the facts.

These kinds of things are common in Paleontology..Someone finds some fossil and claims it as very big and then someone else describes it as small.You know...In the BBC 'Walking with Dinosaurs', they said the Liopleurodon(also a Pliosaur like Predator X) was 75 feet long and 150 tonnes.What a joke..BBC has good prehistoric animal shows but i don't know why they mention some animals more heavier when it is not true.Anyway..