Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO hovers in sky for 5 hours over Scotland

Saru

The Daily Mail covered this as well, and there is a photo in the article which shows Morag Ritchie pointing into the sky where she says the lights were. If that is actually where the lights were, it would rule out cars I think. Assuming she's being truthful that is...

Her daughter Cara appears to be quite the party girl. And had an interesting run-in with the law a couple years back... Boyfriend Scott looks to be quite the party animal as well.

Drunken prank maybe?

Apparently they live in or near Percyhorner, which looks pretty flat and rural overall...

I'm not ready to fully write this one off yet, but there certainly isn't anything definitive or overly impressive about it so far.

• Like 1

Swamp Gas....move on nothing here to see.

lol isnt that how they write everything off, that or flares LMFAO

lol isnt that how they write everything off, that or flares LMFAO

Don't forget mass stupidity.

Don't forget mass stupidity.

Yeah and mass hallucinations :tu: :tu: :tu:

5 hours in the sky and no calls to the police? Seems like they made this up. Why wouldn't you call the police unless you wanted to cover up your hoax.

A few years ago people over Minneapolis noticed a UFO hovering over their city for an entire day. If I remember right, it turned out to be a balloon launched by the university for some project. The sad thing was that during the many daylight hours it was seen, there were constant real time reports of it on UFO boards yet only one person was able to take a single useless blurry photo of it. Even sadder no one bothered to call any authorities about it until the next day.

I think the old favourites need to be applied here: Swamp gas, a weather balloon maybe and possibly a cabbage patch reflecting off the cloud layer. I think those should be enough to explain this away. Definitely not a UFO. Oh no, no, no, no!!!!

Come on people Let them have there sighting in peace ! Cant you tell thats a Real UFO sighting ?

ITs real lights,real video,real people! :alien: :alien: :no: :no:

Wow, they are here to stay my friends, wake up and smell the Radiation! :alien:

There is no way to tell if it's in the sky or on the edge of a cliff or hill in the distance. I know boony said the area is a fairly flat area but there is no real proof that it was actually taken at their home.

I'm leaning towards some campfires on top of a hill or something similar.

This photo was first reported as a UFO flying in the sky. Apparently ended up being a outdoor rave on the top of a hill.

ark27sep11.jpg

I'm going to give this family the benefit of the doubt and assume they are not hoaxers.

However, the video does not help their case, all I see is 3 shaky white lights.

I think those are probably something explainable but I don't know the area.

Mistaken identity. ;)

Dont knock them, this is almost identical to what I and a full crew of 48 men on a tanker saw above the ship off the Grand Banks area of the Atlantic for about an hour, about 40 yrs ago. It was reported at the time to the U.S Coastguard, who said they didn't have any vessels or aircraft in that area, and so it "died",apart from the guys who saw it. But if you tell a story like that you are generally laughed at,and of course the Sceptics wouldn't believe it, even if one landed on their lawn.

• Like 1

There is no way to tell if it's in the sky or on the edge of a cliff or hill in the distance. I know boony said the area is a fairly flat area but there is no real proof that it was actually taken at their home.

I'm leaning towards some campfires on top of a hill or something similar.

This photo was first reported as a UFO flying in the sky. Apparently ended up being a outdoor rave on the top of a hill.

ark27sep11.jpg

Scotsmen dont light fires on top of hills unless they are under attack by the English
  • Like 3

Some great comments by the family:

'Ritchie's daughter Cara, 27, said: "It was really scary, I’m actually still scared just in case something happens; like the alien invasion in Mars Attacks.'

Love the fact they use Mars Attacks as a point of reference, as if it was a documentary.

Yeah, but have you seen Mars Attacks?

Absolutely frightening!! All those big stars in a 2 hour stinkfest!

• Like 1

Giving the family the benefit of the doubt, they would have likely noticed motor traffic in the vicinity over the years. Since there is no reference to the horizon, another option might be arcing on high voltage power lines which has been mistaken for such events as ball lightning. Realistically, I unfortunately cannot imagine these are alien visitors as they would most likely have technology to cloak themselves; something we are currently capable of in a limited manner even given our meager abilities.

• Like 1

Giving the family the benefit of the doubt, they would have likely noticed motor traffic in the vicinity over the years. Since there is no reference to the horizon, another option might be arcing on high voltage power lines which has been mistaken for such events as ball lightning. Realistically, I unfortunately cannot imagine these are alien visitors as they would most likely have technology to cloak themselves; something we are currently capable of in a limited manner even given our meager abilities.

I agree! :)

Except for the cloaking themselves part. If they've got money on them, there's no cloak in existence will hide their presence from us Scots.