Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrorism

your_dark_passenger

I did not know where I should post this topic. I only posted it here because I feel that terrorism is a crime no matter who does it.

First of all I would like to say that I am an atheist and it is not my intention to insult any religion here. I am only trying to understand why Islamic terrorism in on the rise today. I am sure other religions have had their moments in the past. However, every other day when I read the news, it seems to me that every other terrorist is a muslim. I have a lot of muslim friends who are very liberal in their views and who would rather distance themselves from anything to do with violence and I also know muslims who believe that Islam is the one true religion and who look down upon other religions.

Is islamic terrorism on the rise because a certain group of people in Islam preach violence and manipulate followers or because of muslims feel oppressed because of the wars and invasions that have frequently occurred in the past and that are happening in their countries or are they both inter-linked? Does the media have a role in this?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gatofeo

• Mr.United_Nations

• and-then

• your_dark_passenger

Top Posters In This Topic

Is islamic terrorism on the rise because a certain group of people in Islam preach violence and manipulate followers or because of muslims feel oppressed because of the wars and invasions that have frequently occurred in the past and that are happening in their countries or are they both inter-linked? Does the media have a role in this?

Exactly what you said there. They're interlinked.Does the media play a part in this? Yes, it's the thing that can both unite us, and divide us.

Indeed, it's a self-perpetuating circle, I think. Invading countries that are nothing to do with the United States tends to antagonise people, curiously enough.

Although it does seem as if the most prolific source of Terror plots against the U.S. in recent years has been the, er, Law Enforcement authorities, with their endless ingenuity in inventing "Terror plots" that they can entice soem guillbile fools into getting involved in so they can then pop up & boast that they've "foiled" another "Terror plot".

I did not know where I should post this topic. I only posted it here because I feel that terrorism is a crime no matter who does it.

First of all I would like to say that I am an atheist and it is not my intention to insult any religion here. I am only trying to understand why Islamic terrorism in on the rise today. I am sure other religions have had their moments in the past. However, every other day when I read the news, it seems to me that every other terrorist is a muslim. I have a lot of muslim friends who are very liberal in their views and who would rather distance themselves from anything to do with violence and I also know muslims who believe that Islam is the one true religion and who look down upon other religions.

I tend to look at past events when making a judgment about this issue. September 11 2001 occurred as a way of drawing the US and Islam into direct conflict. It was done, if you believe the words of the instigator, to cause the US to leave Saudi Arabia and to stop supporting the Zionist cause. Islamic "extremism" is actually a segment of truly devout Muslims who are being true to the admonitions found in their holy books. Those who will not bend the knee to Islam are to be crushed by it - their words, not mine. It is a movement gaining in power and reach, buoyed by indifference and ignorance of it's goals here in the West. I am one who takes eschatology seriously and I see a positioning of forces that are going to bring about horrific wars in the not too distant future. The media, of course, has a role in nearly everything these days but I don't think they are complicit in any plot to make these things happen. Reporting lies and innuendo and half truths seems to be their way of business these days and it just adds to the worsening of our global ethics and relationships. Watch for a peace treaty of seven years duration in the mid east conflict. Also watch for a sudden (over night) destruction of the city of Damascus, Syria. Both are foretold for the last days.

The April 19, 1995 bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City was a terrorist attack.

It was an attack against innocent people for political reasons.

It meets all definitions of terrorism but is discounted by many, especially by those along the Eastern Seaboard. Tell a New Yorker that the Oklahoma City bombing was a terrorist attack and he'll almost certainly reply, "Nah, that was just a nut-job. Our attack was by real terrorists."

I know, because I've encountered this attitude many times.

Somehow, the lives of 168 Oklahomans (149 adults and 19 children under the age of six) aren't worth as much as those who were killed Sept. 11, 2001. Doubt it? Look into how much money was given the survivors and families of the Sept. 11 attack, then compare that to what the Oklahomans got.

Terrorism is founded upon frustration, as I see it. The inability to have an effective voice in the decisions that profoundly effect your life. Or, it's a last resort. Having crazed, effective leaders who can whip the masses into committing horrendous acts against innocent people is another element. Assure them that their doing the Lord's work and you're set.

Followers of the Pope during the Spanish Inquisition, who ravaged millions of innocent people, would certainly qualify as terrorists.

Terrorism has many elements, not all of them the same.

And you certainly can't discount insanity: some people kill, torture, bomb and maim because they like it. They get a sense of power and accomplishment from it.

You want to negate terrorism? Strive for equality and a voice for all. Decry acts of violence upon the innocent, and make the perpetrators pay heavily. The swift application of the death penalty would go far toward showing terrorists that the world is serious about stopping them. None of this languishing in a warm cell, three hots and a cot, researching their case and becoming a martyr. If found guilty of murder or torture, the swift application of a firing squad should be employed.

Rule 7.62 should be applied swiftly to terrorists.