Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man at the Door

Bw1234

Hi, I'm a first time poster and have been reading these forums for a few weeks. I thought I would share one of the strange things that has happened to me.

This story is from when I was a kid. I was 6 years old at the time and will never forget what happened over that time. I used to live in a 3 bedroom house with my mum and dad. My bedroom would be opposite to the top of the stairs, which curved in a reflected 'C' shape. As you walk Into my bedroom there is a wall to the right meaning you'd have to walk fully into my bedroom to see the end of it. My bed was round this corner to the right, it faced the end of the bedroom where you could see the corner of the room, but not the door. My window was on the same wall as the back of my bed and Cupboards/ drawers were to the right of my bed. Hopefully that sort of gives you an idea of how my room was layed out at the time. Right now to the actual story.

It was on a Sunday evening and my mum and dad were downstairs. My mum was making a Sunday dinner and my dad was watching the TV. I was upstairs in my bedroom playing on my Nintendo game boy. It needed charging so I plugged it in the socket which was on the edge of my bed ( as if you are about to go round the corner and out of my room). Anyway, I was playing there for some time and you know when you get so engrossed and focus on something you totally blank out your surroundings. Well, I was sitting there and suddenly got this feeling of dread and that I was being watched. I looked up to see this man standing there. He was around 6'3 tall and was wearing really ragged clothes. He also had quite a lot of hair and a beard which looked it like it hadn't been washed for years.

After seeing this man , I was frozen for what felt like eternity. Eventually I summed up the courage to get up and run out of my room and through this spirit. I forgot to mention that this spirit was standing at the corner next to door. I ran downstairs screaming and crying. My parents eventually got me to calm down and asked what was wrong. I told them there was a man in my room. They went upstairs and found nothing. I was petrified by this man. Today. I don't really know if it was him giving off this feeling or me not really knowing who this man was and panicking.

After I went to bed that night I got the feeling I was being watched again, I opened my eyes to see that man standing at the same place it was before staring at me. I cried for my parents and they came rushing in. I told them I saw this man again. They told me it was my imagination but I knew it wasn't. They let me sleep in their room that night because I was too scared to go back in mine. This continued for a few weeks and my parents were getting annoyed but worried at the same time. My dad had said he would stay in my room until I went to sleep. He did this for a few nights and kept asking me if it was there, and it wasn't. The problem was I couldn't get to sleep because I had been used to going to sleep later because of what had been happening. Eventually my dad got fed up and wanted to go to bed himself. Leaving me by myself again. It was only 5minutes that he was gone and this man had returned. This also happened every night. I didn't scream or anything because I didn't want to wake my parents after them just going to bed. I was lying there petrified knowing that this man was staring at me.

One day when I was at my Granny's house which was a couple of minutes walk away from mine at the time. I told what had been happening ( she already knew because my parents had told her) and she said that I try speaking to it. I really didn't want to do this because I was scared enough or this man already and speaking to it prompted the thought of it saying something back. Which I didn't want. My granny herself has had her own experiences with being harassed by a ghost and understood. Even my parents have had theirs and believe in the paranormal. It's just they didn't want to scare me even more than I was,

So, after I few more nights of this man just standing there. I finally got the courage to talk to him. I asked him 'what do you want?' He said ' My Wife'. He said this in quite a low whisper and I thought to myself why did he want his wife. She obviously wasn't here. Anyway it turned out I have a great uncle who is a medium and can communicate with spirits. ( I did not know this at the time) . My granny had got in touch with him and asked if he could help. He was pleased to do so.

This man had been standing at my door nearly 10weeks. My uncle had come in and did what he had to do. After that I never saw this man again, and never have to this day. I take it he asked to leave since that's what alot people have done when I've heard stories like this. It was a relieve for me and my parents because it had been a struggle greeting me to go to sleep for the past few weeks. Even more than normal. :)

Thank you reading this, I know it was quite long but I'd thought I'd share this with all of you and see if anything similar has happened to you.

• Like 4

Good story B! did you find out what your great uncle had to do?

Unfortunately, no

My parents are not exactly sure themselves what he did. We just know that whatever he did managed to make this spirit go away.

It's been a long time since it happened. I've rarely spoke to him tbh, if I do see him in the future I'm going to ask him who it was and how did they get it to leave.

Bearing in mind I was 6, I didn't really want to ask it myself and I didn't know how to get it to leave me alone.

Another story from when I was little, around 4.

I do not remember this at all, my parents swear that is true though.

They said that one night I came downstairs after being asleep.

They asked why I was awake and apparently I had been talking to my grandmother who had died before I was born.

I have never spoke to her, seen her and my mum doesn't talk about her because she gets upset.

So how on earth would I say something like that? For a 4 year old to say that, something's abit strange there to me.

It's just a shame I can't speak to her now, I'd have a lot of questions. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

that actually reminds me of my niece who would tell her mom that she was playing with grandpa from her dads side. He passed not too long after she was born. I never met him but I was told that he was all about my niece. she was around 2-3 when that was happening and around 7-8 she would talk to a little girl that she would say was her friend and would literally get into fits with and would ask my aunt(her grandma) to get the girl to leave her alone. I wish i was there when she was going through that phase to see for myself cause it creeped my aunt out and she's old school Mexican tough woman haha.

i have to say though that your experience was probably more terrifying

• Like 2

When I saw the ghost of my cat I found the experience quit pleasant, very eye opening and awesome. Which I knew who she was and didn't feel threatened by her. She was just passing through, never saw her again.

• Like 1

I've always heard that children can see/communicate with spirits much better than adults can, it's nice to hear a story about it. I'm glad you got it to get away from you, I'm so glad it wasn't harmless in any way. Have you seen anything since?

I've always heard that children can see/communicate with spirits much better than adults can, it's nice to hear a story about it. I'm glad you got it to get away from you, I'm so glad it wasn't harmless in any way. Have you seen anything since?

No, things will get misplaced and weird stuff will happen but I haven't seen anything like that since then.

The only other event I can think of is that I ended up walking past 'nothing' in my house. I went to get something to eat from the kitchen and I wasn't really focusing on my surroundings. So as I walked through my living room door I saw what I thought was my mum walking past me and left the door open for her to walk through as I walked through. As I walked into the kitchen she was in there. I then asked if she had not just walked past me. She said no. I was totally unaware of what I was doing so didn't anything of it at first. There was nobody else in the house at the time except us two.

What I remembered was I actually moved out of the way to go around what ever I had seen. So I really was baffled by this and just assumed that it might have been my grandma walking by, seeing as she looked very similar to my mum then on photos.Who knows? I might be crazy and just being delusional. :D

Wow that is kind of spooky and scary at the same time.

Could the man be Slender Man ?

You think the slender man is real?