Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Almost had a Obe:

Kevin28

So I was in a normal dream then I wanted to try a method to get out of my dream. I crossed my hands on my chest then fell back on a bed nothing happened. Then I tried it over the floor. I fell through the floor seeing my dream getting further away in a black void. Then I or something said NO!! I got scared and started thing of bad things that might happen" but I know in real life that it can't" I think I woke up "in real life not in a dream" after that or I was in another dream then woke up. It was at 3 or 5 am. The time I set my alarm to wake me so I can have another dream.

Yup. Got to master those fear responses.

Edited by Seeker79

So if i would have gotten past that i would have had a obe right? I have no fear of it right now maybe it was because i wasn't fully awake?

So if i would have gotten past that i would have had a obe right? I have no fear of it right now maybe it was because i wasn't fully awake?

Possibly, I can't really say. I do not OBE from dreams. I use wake induced methods. But it does seem like you are on to something. But yes fear or even any highly excited reactions are going to break altered states. You have to learn to stay calm an non reactionary. You can practice this in meditation or even through your day. When you have an emotion observe it as a spectator, and be a conduit for it. If it helps visualize it flowing out of one of your arms. It's an invaluable skill and will stop you from popping out of trance anytime something exciting happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Ever sense this happened I haven't had a lucid dream...is there something blocking me?

Yes.... Desire.

Remember that sponsoring emotions manifest. Wanting to have an OOBE is sponsored by the disappointment or lak of haveing one. This lak is what manifests ... Not the desire. I see it all the time. It's when people give up and surrender their desire ( usually because they think it's not going to happen) but maintain their practice that sudden progress is made.

Surrender is a powerful state of mind and so is gratitude. But it has to be for their own sake. You cannot hide alterior motives from yourself.

Remember what you did and be aware of your practice but you can't care. Cultivate a gracious observer mentality. If you can find this place your block may evaporate.

There was this thing who tried to do the same to me but i just woke up & punched him in the face! stupid spirits!

Edited by C235

There was this thing who tried to do the same to me but i just woke up & punched him in the face! stupid spirits!

Careful. Years ago I reacted that way and knocked my wife out of bed..... bloody fat lip and everything. Im still groveling ;(

It's been nine years since that happened and she still will not wake me up with a kiss. She gets out if bed and pulls on my feet.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

My first real obe: I was in a dream first then I was in my room I was on the edge of my bed trying to get in my body I think. I could see but it was dim. I felt someone there I think so I got scared thinking that it might get me. I could not stand on my feet for some reason, I was on my knees. so i just thought about myself going in my body and then I woke up..

I just thought about this now what if it was my spirit guide?? I never got a look at it but i felt someone there..

I know this was not a dream cause in my dreams my room looks different. Btw this was this year after summer I think. I have the date somewhere.

Ok last night i had 3 or 4 of lucid dreams. I fell in a void 3 times but woke up after. Am i missing something? I think i felt the vibration when i was in the void falling.. And when i woke up i didnt feel sp or anything..