Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unknown “creature” captured on trail camera

Still Waters

But that is certainly the implication when a sasquatch hunting expedition returns with "photographic evidence of an unknown creature" isn't it?

I wouldn't say the expedition is implying it's a sasquatch just because of the expedition name... Especially since it doesn't look like what the sasquatch typically reported to look like. It's nothing but a flash of grey, literally a second long, it could have been a mere squirrel for all anyone knows.

Anyway, it doesn't sounds implied to me. ;)

Er... is it usual to set up a trail camera pointing into a camp?

Edited by PersonFromPorlock
  • Like 4

Isn't there another cryptid below with it's mouth open in fury? I can see a head with ears and a mouth. A smoother grey female perhaps covering the legs of the bipdel were-bear?

Okay, it's a sleeping bag and boots which is hiding the creature's legs. A second analysis youtube video has been released. Please fast forward to time = 9 min to see the head turn and the snout seen to be breathing air!

There's a couple of things that bother me about this video. The first is that it's a one second loop. unless I'm missing something there should be additional video of approach, sitting down and then doing whatever it's supposed to be doing. Second, and this is more theatrical, why is it we only seem to get the back side and not the face? I can buy into the fact that Squatches may come in a variety of colors since humans and apes have color variations, however this one looks like it's the Marilyn Monroe version of platinum blonde.

Am I missing something?

• Like 2

Okay, it's a sleeping bag and boots which is hiding the creature's legs. A second analysis youtube video has been released. Please fast forward to time = 9 min to see the head turn and the snout seen to be breathing air!

[media=]

[/media]

thanks for showing this because now i am totally convinced that it is a person wrapped in a blanket crouched at the fire.

he has something in his hands that is up to his mouth and he is blowing smoke through it, or something similar. you can plainly see that whatever is extending from the mouth is not part of the body.

the bottom line with this for me is that there is nothing but one second of film to see this so called creature. where is the part where it walks into camp? where is the part where it leaves camp? what does it do besides sit and smoke by the fire?

i call bullcrap yet again.

• Like 3

thanks for showing this because now i am totally convinced that it is a person wrapped in a blanket crouched at the fire.

he has something in his hands that is up to his mouth and he is blowing smoke through it, or something similar. you can plainly see that whatever is extending from the mouth is not part of the body.

the bottom line with this for me is that there is nothing but one second of film to see this so called creature. where is the part where it walks into camp? where is the part where it leaves camp? what does it do besides sit and smoke by the fire?

i call bullcrap yet again.

You've nailed it IMO. Person draped in a sleeping bag and taking a sip of a coffee or something.

These "experts" have lost a lot of credibility with this one!

• Like 2

looks like a person squatting there. i don't see any reason to think it's a sasquatch or any other mysterious creature.

I think it's probably a person in a sleeping bag or some kind of suit.....

• Like 1

You've nailed it IMO. Person draped in a sleeping bag and taking a sip of a coffee or something.

These "experts" have lost a lot of credibility with this one!

yes! sipping a coffee or other hot beverage - that's exactly what it looks like if you go to 9:18 on the video and pause it. the shape of a cup is obvious there.

• Like 1

This looked good at first blush, but now, with just 5 minutes of looking at the video and reading about it, it seems clear this is probably someone out getting a smoke, or some coffee. They make white thermal underwear with a hoodie on it, don't they? I think they do.

A second guess of a bear also seems good, but less likely, as was mentioned it would have probably gone after stuff on the table, and probably woke up those drunks too.

AlpineStars-Underwear-Nomex-Hood-475488.jpgSpring-and-summer-thin-male-with-a-hood-long-sleeve-T-shirt-font-b-men-s.jpg

• Like 2

This looked good at first blush, but now, with just 5 minutes of looking at the video and reading about it, it seems clear this is probably someone out getting a smoke, or some coffee. They make white thermal underwear with a hoodie on it, don't they? I think they do.

A second guess of a bear also seems good, but less likely, as was mentioned it would have probably gone after stuff on the table, and probably woke up those drunks too.

I think bigfoot, and an albino at that, being a distant third in likelyhood.

AlpineStars-Underwear-Nomex-Hood-475488.jpgSpring-and-summer-thin-male-with-a-hood-long-sleeve-T-shirt-font-b-men-s.jpg

Hey guys, it was me. I'm was just testing out my Unknown Creature (aka Bigfoot) costume for Halloween. And what better a place than UM, right?

Sooo, I guess it's a no go then?....... :( .

I don't understand it, I thought I looked more and more convincing as the night went along... :whistle:

Edited by QuiteContrary

I thought trail cameras were motion-sensing cameras that were mounted on trees along trails to take still pictures whenever motion is sensed after they're left. They have flashes so they give nice clear shots even when it's completely dark.

This looks like a video clip from a cell phone taken in a camp site during the middle of the night, not something from a trail camera.

I thought trail cameras were motion-sensing cameras that were mounted on trees along trails to take still pictures whenever motion is sensed after they're left. They have flashes so they give nice clear shots even when it's completely dark.

This looks like a video clip from a cell phone taken in a camp site during the middle of the night, not something from a trail camera.

There's some low-budget cameras available and the picture quality is similar to what's shown.

Looks like these experts took the low-budget approach to their equipment.

• Like 1

yes! sipping a coffee or other hot beverage - that's exactly what it looks like if you go to 9:18 on the video and pause it. the shape of a cup is obvious there.

I don't think Bigfoot drinks coffee.

I'm getting a vision... this will make episode 3 on this year's Finding Bigfoot. "Compelling footage!" "Late night visitor!" or some such crap.

The team will whoop and whistle and yodel investigate the area, even getting a squatchy heat signature and some vocalizations.

Then, pack up and set their sights 2000 miles away!

• Like 1

Hey guys, it was me. I'm was just testing out my Unknown Creature (aka Bigfoot) costume for Halloween. And what better a place than UM, right?

Sooo, I guess it's a no go then?....... :( .

I don't understand it, I thought I looked more and more convincing as the night went along... :whistle:

I thought it looked just like a white sasquatch!!!lol x

yeah, trail camera's are the kinda trap ones that fire photos off after they sense movement aren't they and yes they should be quite clear images!!

If you play this video to a normal person without first telling them it shows bigfoot, they will not see anything at all that they think could be bigfoot.

That's a good litmus test for this kind of nonsense. When you have bigfoot goggles on, everything looks like bigfoot.

• Like 5

I have a thread for trail camera pics..... http://www.unexplain...pic=183599&st=0

Here is a video from a trail camera on a foggy night, and windy...This is a mid budget camera...More for still quality. I can assure as someone said, the video posted has more before and after in it. there is a reason it was cut to just one second.....

http://vimeo.com/14697731

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

Is this serious. :hmm:

• Like 1