Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hand print in the dust.

Ceres

I have only had one paranormal experience so far. This happened about nine years ago when I was fourteen years old.

My friends and I uses to conduct frequent ouija sessions. Despite the frequency of them, I am positive that 99% of the time it was us subconsciously moving the ouija's eye around. Also, most of the time the "ghosts" gave us bogus names, bogus ages, and either did not answer our questions about their deaths or gave us illegible answers. After the introductions we would ask questions about our futures and receive the answers that we obviously wished to hear.

All except for once.

First of all, the spirit did not give us an alien-esque name. I unfortunately cannot remember what the name was anymore, but it was a normal, English name. She also told us that she lived for sixty-two years rather than the centuries we were getting as answers before. My friends and I were a little spooked by all of this, but we continued to go along with it. We wound up not asking any questions about our futures. I then asked her to give us a sign that she was there. Nothing happened, but we asked her if she had given us one anyway. She said yes. We ended the session shortly afterwards. I was like, "well, that was lame," and went to go turn on the main light in the room before hearing one of my friends scream. I looked around and saw that she was pointing at the tv. What she was pointing at did not freak me out at first, though.

"It's just a hand print." "Is that like any hand print you've ever seen?!"

I took a closer look at it and, indeed, it was unlike any hand print I had ever seen before. The most notable thing about it was the fact that it did not have any empty or less pressurized spaces. If any of us make a hand print then chances are it will not be perfectly uniform due to the mounds in our hands. This hand print, however, was even with no indication that it had been filled in with a finger. We probably would have been able to tell if it had been since the hand print was made in dust.

The other freaky thing about it was the fact that it was considerably smaller and thinner than any of our hands. The fingers were abnormally long as well. The only way any of us could have done it was by tracing it. I called my brother upstairs to ask him to make a hand print as well to compare the two. I mean, it would have been pretty weird for him to have been with us the entire time and then to have escaped downstairs that quickly without us seeing him, but you never know.

His hand print did not look a thing like the original one. The original's fingers were way too slender and long. There is no way that it could have been my brother.

I should mention that this hand print was very obvious, so I think I would have noticed it beforehand had it been there. It definitely was not the hand print of anyone in my family. Also, there was not enough time for my friends to trace the hand print and make it look natural. I had only gotten up for about two seconds before I heard my one friend scream. We also had our eyes on each other the entire time. We were sitting right in front of the tv, so I would have noticed if one of them had made a hand print. It was not that dark in the room either. We had the lamp on and some candles.

I just cannot explain it. The hand print did not match anyone else's in the house and chances are unlikely that it was there before the ouija session.

So, yeah. That is my one experience with the paranormal that I think might be legitimate.

• Like 1

Cool story I remember when we were kids mucking around with a ouija board and kept asking for evidence then one night we were more serious about it and asked show us a sign and the mirror behind us exploded the table shook and no it was not an earthquake etc, it happened it was unexplainable and it was scary and I never played with a ouija board again. :no:

• Like 1

Wow, I think ive only ever played with one of these once, but nothing happened, thank goodness. Though ive had a similar experiance with a ghostly hand print found at my Grandmothers house-it was a childs handprint on the front door-but from the inside. Noone who had visited the house who had any children that small and my Grandmother had owned the house for years, so it wasnt from the previous owners either ptherwise we would have noticed it before.

• Like 1

Wow, I think ive only ever played with one of these once, but nothing happened, thank goodness. Though ive had a similar experiance with a ghostly hand print found at my Grandmothers house-it was a childs handprint on the front door-but from the inside. Noone who had visited the house who had any children that small and my Grandmother had owned the house for years, so it wasnt from the previous owners either ptherwise we would have noticed it before.

It could of been the wee people as my grand father always told us. :tu:

Cool story I remember when we were kids mucking around with a ouija board and kept asking for evidence then one night we were more serious about it and asked show us a sign and the mirror behind us exploded the table shook and no it was not an earthquake etc, it happened it was unexplainable and it was scary and I never played with a ouija board again. :no:

Why am I having a hard time with this? ...... :innocent:

• Like 2

Hi Ceres, If you do not direct your questions to a specific "contact", then the ouija board becomes an open channel for anyone (or anything) from the other side to respond if they wish to. Sounds like, for the most part, that you got mischevious spirits who intended no real harm. Do be aware that if you continue to use the board in a random way you are opening a door and inviting in - some time 'something' may answer that you would not have wanted to contact. :devil: It's always a possibility.