Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Maya Glyph Shows Lance-Tongued Lizard-Birds

NatureBoff

You're "volcano" explanation doesn't make sense. Why is the presumed volcanic ash pictogram on it's side, just infront of the man's face then?! An earthquake explanation is better, no volcanoes needed imo. It's common knowledge that earthquake activity gives rise to 'earth light' phenomena (which is alarmed lizard-birds taking to the air imo).

Wikipedia: Earthquake light

Yes, a rare earthlight phenomena is more likely then everyday common volcanism. You're right....

The smoke in front of that poor fellow is to show him breathing in the sulphurous, smokey air. That seems clear.

Where is the head, the legs, even the spear-tongue??

maybe that's meant to represent a speech bubble coming out of his mouth? As in, whenever the priest leads you to this pictograph, he imarts the sacred words until the bloke in the canoe.

Could even be the poor fellow choking to death and spraying blood and air from his ash damaged lungs?? :yes:

I see a rather stylised depiction of a volcanic eruption.

Why are people so desperate to see things that are blatantly not there?

You're "volcano" explanation doesn't make sense. Why is the presumed volcanic ash pictogram on it's side, just infront of the man's face then?! An earthquake explanation is better, no volcanoes needed imo. It's common knowledge that earthquake activity gives rise to 'earth light' phenomena (which is alarmed lizard-birds taking to the air imo).

Wikipedia: Earthquake light

Abramelin, I was refering to you incidentally with my last post. How do you explain the 'volcanic ash cloud on it's side' infront of the man's face??

Abramelin, I was refering to you incidentally with my last post. How do you explain the 'volcanic ash cloud on it's side' infront of the man's face??

What you see in front of the mouth of the guy in the boat looks like the Aztec glyph for talking.

But as far as I know, the Mayans didn't use such a glyph.

To me it is nothing but someone exhaling smoke, or maybe it is someone shouting (to the one busy drowning): "Hold on, I am on my way !!".

Cigarette_smoke_exhaled_from_womans_mouth_m370430.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

What you see in front of the mouth of the guy in the boat looks like the Aztec glyph for talking.

But as far as I know, the Mayans didn't use such a glyph.

Lol. Why not show a picture of the "Aztec glyph for talking"?

To me it is nothing but someone exhaling smoke, or maybe it is someone shouting (to the one busy drowning): "Hold on, I am on my way !!".

The man in the boat is rowing *away* from the drowning man though!! Edited by SunnyBlues

Lol. Why not show a picture of the "Aztec glyph for talking"?

The man in the boat is rowing *away* from the drowning man though!!

You dont know the man in the boat is rowing away or towards the drowning man.

And this is the Aztec glyph for talking:

Aztec_woman_speaking.jpg

I can imaging that the glyph for 'shouting' has more curves and waves.

But like I said : the Mayans did not use such a glyph for talking.

The guy may simply be breathing out smoke and ash. Not surprisingly if you notice the two erupting volcanoes left and right of the man in the boat.

You dont know the man in the boat is rowing away or towards the drowning man.

The oar position means that the boat would contionue to the right, leaving the drowning man behind on the left.

And this is the Aztec glyph for talking:

I can imaging that the glyph for 'shouting' has more curves and waves.

But like I said : the Mayans did not use such a glyph for talking.

So you yourself have shown that this idea doesn't fit then.

The guy may simply be breathing out smoke and ash. Not surprisingly if you notice the two erupting volcanoes left and right of the man in the boat.

This sounds like someone clutching at straws for an alternative answer! What?! The surviving man is now breathing out smoke and ash?! How is he rowing if he's engulfed in high temperature volcanic ash and toxic smoke??

Very interesting Mantis914. Can you give any specific report/article examples please? I'd love to hear them.

http://www.weird-encyclopedia.com/chupacabras.php

I remember hearing several reports but too lazy now (sorry, too early in the morning) to research that the tongue of this Iguana-like Chupacabras was like a lance in that it would pierce the animal and drain the blood out.

• Like 2

The oar position means that the boat would contionue to the right, leaving the drowning man behind on the left.

So you yourself have shown that this idea doesn't fit then.

This sounds like someone clutching at straws for an alternative answer! What?! The surviving man is now breathing out smoke and ash?! How is he rowing if he's engulfed in high temperature volcanic ash and toxic smoke??

The man in the canoe uses a single paddle, so it looks as though he is going towards the drowning man.

=

I still don't know what the Mayan glyph for talking is. This - like I said - may have nothing to do with talking but with shouting. And yes, the guy in the boat may be exhaling smoke, not because he is a dragon or is fire resistant, but because he's engulfed in smoke.

The image is of course not a 100 % accurate copy of a real life scene, but I am not clutching at straws. I am trying to give a reasonable explanation for the scene in the image.

I am not the one seeing weird animals everywhere.

• Like 3

Why? Does it look really old to you??

You were thinking "Coelacanth", right?

It's just a fish, any fish.

yes

http://www.weird-enc...chupacabras.php

I remember hearing several reports but too lazy now (sorry, too early in the morning) to research that the tongue of this Iguana-like Chupacabras was like a lance in that it would pierce the animal and drain the blood out.

THANKS! That's just what I was looking for.
Apparently it has the ability to suck every last drop of blood from an animal through a tube-like tongue.
Edited by SunnyBlues
  • Like 2

I could only see part of the title of this thread on the forums index page and I thought it was saying that there was a Maya glyph showing Lance Armstrong. (lol)

• Like 1

I could only see part of the title of this thread on the forums index page and I thought it was saying that there was a Maya glyph showing Lance Armstrong. (lol)

Funny..
  • Like 1

THANKS! That's just what I was looking for.

[/size]

So nothing to do with the Mayan relief you started this thread with.

Are you all sure that's a volcano in this depiction? I don't ever remember there being a volcano coming out of the water around Mexico or Central America and certainly not close to a pyramid. Could they be rays from the sun coming out from behind an overcast sky?

Nevermind, I correct myself as I speak, the Volcano Concepcion on Ometepe Island, Lake Nicaragua and also 2 other volanoes off the coast of western Mexico but they look too far away from the shore...

Are you all sure that's a volcano in this depiction? I don't ever remember there being a volcano coming out of the water around Mexico or Central America and certainly not close to a pyramid. Could they be rays from the sun coming out from behind an overcast sky?

Nevermind, I correct myself as I speak, the Volcano Concepcion on Ometepe Island, Lake Nicaragua and also 2 other volanoes off the coast of western Mexico but they look too far away from the shore...

I am VERY sure they are volcanoes.

You may not remember a volcano rising up, but then again, you are not 1400 years old.

That's precisely my meaning, so how can anyone be sure of any of this, just like the 2012 prophecy? These are all interpretations unless you are of Mayan heritage and your relatives passed down the language to you...

Well the pictograph is of the destruction of Atalan, which was meant to be lost via volcanoes.

That's precisely my meaning, so how can anyone be sure of any of this, just like the 2012 prophecy? These are all interpretations unless you are of Mayan heritage and your relatives passed down the language to you...

How can anyone be sure? Well just look at the relief or the larger picture SunnyBlues posted: it clearly depicts two erupting volcanoes, one at the left of the man in the boat, and one at his right.

Did all that really happen? I don't know, and like Wearer of Hats said it's about the legend of (the destruction of) Aztlan.

Edited by Abramelin

• 4 weeks later...