Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British Al-Qaeda gang planned 'another 9/11'

Still Waters

An al-Qaeda inspired gang of British Muslims planned to carry out “another 9/11” in the UK with up to eight suicide bombers, a court heard.

A Jihadist group, from Birmingham, were to target crowded areas to cause “mass death” in a terror plot that was set to be even more devastating than the 7/7 London bombings, Woolwich Crown Court was told.

Two of the alleged ringleaders had received terror training in Pakistan and made martyrdom videos to be released after they had “blown themselves up”.

http://www.telegraph...-911-in-UK.html

An al-Qaeda inspired gang of British Muslims planned to carry out “another 9/11” in the UK with up to eight suicide bombers, a court heard.

A Jihadist group, from Birmingham, were to target crowded areas to cause “mass death” in a terror plot that was set to be even more devastating than the 7/7 London bombings, Woolwich Crown Court was told.

Where is the news in that? Jihadis are always planning formore 9/11s, and occasionally they succeed. Sooner or later they will manage to pull off something on the same scale.

So sad that we live in a world of so much potential destruction by radical groups and domestic maniacs.

I'm old enough to not worry about myself too much, but I sure worry about my children and grandchildren.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Numerous attacks were planned for NYC,and squashed ,and not made news,to keep everyone from panicking. I've never heard of a 911 attack planned for the UK. It's always NYC ,so yeah,its news .