Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is PMS a Myth?

Q-C

I've read that tooth pain can be comparable, if not worse sometimes due to exposes nerves, than childbirth.

It depends... Giving birth to Becky.. I would say that sort of tooth pain was a tad worse... Giving birth to Aaron.. NO CONTEST ... When I was in labour with him and he was on his way out.. that was

( excuse my French ) effing horrible.. Stung like a **%%&$%**%

Edited by Beckys_Mom

It depends... Giving birth to Becky.. I would say that sort of tooth pain was a tad worse... Giving birth to Aaron.. NO CONTEST ... When I was in labour with him and he was on his way out.. that was

( excuse my French ) effing horrible.. Stung like a **%%&$%**%

Childbirth is certainly one pain that I can do without!

...Basically, I'm tried of people saying 'haha must be PMSing', like women are volatile monsters for a few days out of the month. Some are in pain and in no mood to be insanely cheerful, but we aren't crazy once a month.

I get quite b****y, and I have flown off the handle. When I talked to my doctor about it. I got anti-aniety pills. Due to a change in my income, I could no longer afford these pills. I went to the health food store and the lady told me to eat a few Brazil nuts every day and to increase the number I ate when I was nearing my period. The reason being is that silium in the nuts increases seratonin levels, which counters the anxiety. I cannot believe these work! Seriously, I was not as grumpy or antsy since I have started eating Brazil nuts. Now, that may not work for everyone, but I really wonder about our health and vitamin.mineral levels. We eat vegetables and fruit that are grown on depleted land, they are picked before fully ripening so that they do not go bad as fast in the stores, most of them are genetically altered to try and increase yield of the produce....and that's not even getting to what is wrong with the meats we are now eating. I am not saying that proper vitamin/mineral intake will prevent PMS, but it may help with some of the symptoms. I knew a woman that would be completely useless with migraines before and during her period. She would be bedridden if she didn't catch them in time with pain medication. A friend told her that her electrolytes may be low. She now has Gatorade in the house and knows to start drinking it before her period. Her migraines are not completely gone, but they have lessened drastically.

• Like 1

Heh... I used to think that once a woman gave birth, that was it pain all gone.. is it heck !!.. The stinging was that bad, I called for a towel and shoved it in my mouth while I screamed lol...At one point I was wishing they would just cut me in half and get it over with !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Supposedly, the pain a man would experience passing a kidney stone the size of a pea through the penus is comparible to a woman giving birth. Not sure you want to know that, but..... :whistle:

• Like 1

Supposedly, the pain a man would experience passing a kidney stone the size of a pea through the penus is comparible to a woman giving birth. Not sure you want to know that, but..... :whistle:

Nothing larger than a stream of urine will EVER pass through my penis! If I ever have kidney stones I would rather cut them out myself.

Nothing larger than a stream of urine will EVER pass through my penis! If I ever have kidney stones I would rather cut them out myself.

My husband suffered really bad with crohn's disease.. he said the pain was so bad he did in fact pass out.. So I reckon it is on the same level as childbirth.. and for many cases worse ... I hated seeing him back then in that pain... I wouldn't want to go through it..

My husband suffered really bad with crohn's disease.. he said the pain was so bad he did in fact pass out.. So I reckon it is on the same level as childbirth.. and for many cases worse ... I hated seeing him back then in that pain... I wouldn't want to go through it..

Yeah. That sounds in no way pleasant.

I't ain't no joy ride I can tell you for sure! Now whether it is as painful as giving birth I have no idea... but it's very painful... Ever since my one (and only) stone (thankfully a small one) I make sure I drink plenty of Cranberry juice... The acid in the juice dissolves stones...

sorry if i made you cringe. lol, I was in a bad motorbike accident where I could see bone where the skin and muscle had been worn off by the road...giving birth has that beat.

• Like 2

I't ain't no joy ride I can tell you for sure! Now whether it is as painful as giving birth I have no idea... but it's very painful... Ever since my one (and only) stone (thankfully a small one) I make sure I drink plenty of Cranberry juice... The acid in the juice dissolves stones...

There is no way that I wish pain on anyone...well, not many people, anyway, LOL (joke). Hopefully you will be free from them from now on.

• Like 1

sorry if i made you cringe. lol, I was in a bad motorbike accident where I could see bone where the skin and muscle had been worn off by the road...giving birth has that beat.

That sounds like a nasty accident. Pics? :lol:

I never experienced it until around the age of 25. I used to be "that girl" who said it was fake and just an excuse to miss work or be b****y, etc. I'm normally a very laid back, easy going kind of person. Finally, a long time female friend asked me one day if I had PMS? I was like, NO, why? She told me I was being a real b**** and that I had been all week. I asked another female friend of mine if she had ever noticed it and she agreed. I started keeping track of it and sure enough, a week to a week and half before my time, I would find that I was cranky for no apparent reason. I find that when I have it all of my emotions are super exaggerated. So, like many women have mentioned on here, sappy commercials can make me cry. The smallest thing to irritate me just immediately makes me irate. The next minute I'm in a great mood and almost jubilant. It can be a real emotional roller coaster. I did find that when I switched my birth control pills, the mood swings aren't as severe and the PMS in general doesn't last as long.

• Like 2

That sounds like a nasty accident. Pics? :lol:

LOL, no, unfortunately. it happened...26 years ago...God! I am getting old!...so, no camera in the emergency room.

May God protect all silly men who use "myth" and "PMS" in the same sentence.

Amen.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4

PMS is real. In the few days before mine, my sensitivity increases, including my psychic/awareness/ empathetic abilities. I become more fatigued and irritable, my hearing becomes ultra sensitive, all my senses become ultra sensitive, so loud / aggravating noise is very irritating when normally it isn't a problem the other 3 weeks of the month. I become more emotional than normal and put on anywhere up to 5 lbs in water weight. Unfortunately I do suffer bad cramping too and being in pain does lend to being less tolerable over all. There is a good reason for being crabby and no it's not an excuse. As to why it effects some women and not all is to do with hormones and the unique blend of hormone balance each women has.

As to why there may be a difference in cultures, it much more likely that it is to do with diet, soil, water. The western cultures have diets full of crap and pumped in hormones which are already causing issues with girls starting their menstrual cycles younger and younger, as well as men who grow moobs and boys who are much more feminine than before. Lets compare the percentage of men who suffer from moobs syndrome in these same cultures that women supposedly have no issues with PMS or hormone imbalances, before concluding that it must be an excuse for certain cultures to allow their women to behave badly.

• Like 4

There is no way that I wish pain on anyone...well, not many people, anyway, LOL (joke). Hopefully you will be free from them from now on.

I've been free of them for the past 25 years so.....

• Like 1

May God protect all silly men who use "myth" and "PMS" in the same sentence.

Amen.

LOL *Like*Like*Like*Like*Like*Like*

• Like 1

GI pain ,is said to be as bad as child birth in some instances . Back in the 90s ,I experienced a case of cereus bacterial infection ,which permanently damaged my colon,and left me writhing in the fetal position on the floor,in tears,for nearly a week.

I was told I was lucky my colon didn't rupture .The doctor told me the pain is worse than labor and delivery pain ,from what she's seen .

If I ever got it again,I would probably die .

I see no "myth" in regards to female PMS, and in fact, increasing evidence that this also happens in men, but in a different way.

• Like 1

I am so in love.. this man is full of.........wisdom :wub:

Please feed more of your great knowledge and facts... Move to men.. what are they like ? ( Please god let him say they are all like him )

I could give you all the attention you crave morning , noon and night... you are just so amazing... Why cant all guys be like you?

I clicked like again...lol and I will start the - Mr Right Wing is fan dabby dosey club..

He's great isn't he? He wants the attention and I am going to give it to him.. I so wish I had his picture

Man this thing I am going through will last a few days...it's brilliant

Are you flirting with me again?

You dont want me to tell my other half. Its a full moon and shes like a Rottweiler today lol.

• Like 1

I think that pain is a subjective matter that cannot be judged or quantified by any but the sufferer. On the other hand, I have a very high tolerance for pain, whereas my husband puts sleep-deprived toddlers to shame over so much as a hangnail. This is doubly hard for me to take b/c my tolerance for pain comes from my dad, who was also a "pillar of strength." Thanks to Daddy, and to my own ability to shrug off pain, I tend to be...impatient...with men who whine about pain.

As to PMS...oh, it's real, honey. Ever see "The Exorcist"? Know the scene where her head spins around and she projectile vomits pea soup? That ain't nuthin' compared to me back in my PMS days. The stories I could tell you... ;)

Edited by lizzieboo
  • Like 1

I think that pain is a subjective matter that cannot be judged or quantified by any but the sufferer. On the other hand, I have a very high tolerance for pain, whereas my husband puts sleep-deprived toddlers to shame over so much as a hangnail. This is doubly hard for me to take b/c my tolerance for pain comes from my dad, who was also a "pillar of strength." Thanks to Daddy, and to my own ability to shrug off pain, I tend to be...impatient...with men who whine about pain.

As to PMS...oh, it's real, honey. Ever see "The Exorcist"? Know the scene where her head spins around and she projectile vomits pea soup? That ain't nuthin' compared to me back in my PMS days. The stories I could tell you... ;)

You women know nothing of pain.

Try getting kicked in the privates, now thats pain. You should thank all you need to go through is giving birth, and yes, so called pms.

• Like 1