Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Classical Music

Keel M.

What is your favourite classical piece? I love classical music, but I'm horrible with titles. Always have been. With any kind of music. To this day my friend (who knows good and well how horrible I am at knowing who sings what) will ask me what song is on the radio when we're riding around town. Anyway, I am hoping that something someone shares will be something I've heard before and liked or will be something new for me to enjoy. So please give the title and composer. :)

Ive always liked moonlight sonata

such a relaxing song but slightly dark as well.

Edited by Armchair Educated
  • Like 1

Like you I'm horrible on names...

But I like almost all of Beethoven's work, the Brandenburg Concertos (Bach?); Tchaichovsky's 1812 Overture and the Nutcracker Suite; "O Fortuna" by Carl Orff (though the words are actually from a middle ages poem); SOme (not all) Of Richard Wagners - like Tristan and Isolde, The Valkyrie (in fact most of the music for the Ring cycle of Operas); Brahms Lullabye.... and some others which have escaped my mind right now...

Moonlight Sonata has been my favourite since I was 11. I used to play it really well, I'm still working on getting back to it now.

Air On The G String (J.S Bach)

Claire de Lune (Claude Debussy)

edit I had videos but they didn't work and I've got to run out...grr

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 1

In the hall of the mountain king-Greig

Beethoven's 5th

Fur Elise-Beethoven

4 seasons-Vivaldi

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I recognise the names of most of what has been listed. Videos aren't necessary, sarah, titles and composers will do fine. Keep 'em coming!

I suppose this would be my favorite, "Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun" by Claude Debussy. I used to listen to this as a kid at night in my bedroom looking out of the window at clouds drifting past the moon. It's so ethereal and mysterious, and peaceful and happy, too.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by StarMountainKid
  • Like 1

Check out the Nocturnes by Chopin. There are 21 of them, but they are great. Very melancholic. I've got Reverie by Debussy playing now, which is another good one. (I tend to like the piano solos mostly when listening to classical)

Beethoven's 9th Symphony

Tachaikovsky's Slavonic March o.p. 31

Grieg's In the Hall of the Mountain King

Haydn's Symphony No. 94, The Surprise

Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain

Here's another one of my favorites. Schumann - Traumerei - Memories of childhood, played by my favorite pianist, Vladimir Horowitz.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by StarMountainKid
  • Like 1

Here's another one of my favorites. Schumann - Traumerei - Memories of childhood, played by my favorite pianist, Vladimir Horowitz.

That was really nice, SMK. Thanks for sharing, I just saved it.