Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help me, I am stuck between dream and reality

Sufjan

The topic is not as fantastic as it might seem. Since a few days, every night, when I am trying to sleep. I nearly sleep-in, but then there is an emptiness and I only know that, nothing more. Then, after a few seconds or minutes, I don't know because I can't say there is time, it feels like I can't breath. I panic and then I wake up breathing very heavily.

This is quite hard for me, because every night I feel like I am dying.

It's not a sleep paralysis per se, because I can't see something and I don't feel anything to the point where I seem to "drown".

DId anybody experience something like that, too?

Sleep apnea?

• Like 1

Sleep apnea?

That would have to be some pretty extreme apnea. I've got sleep apnea and that never happened to me, even before I started using my Vader mask at night.

you should try to imagine scenarios and then that way you will know its dreaming, you should hopefully see something. it might be a weird kind of nightmare. when ever i have sleep paralysis i can come out of my body and i know its just a dream. all this being said yours is the first ive heard of this type of situation, pm me with more details, sounds interesting tho it must be traumatic.

• Like 1

You must be thinking a lot of things but burying them deep down your mind and thus, all these things you avoid thinking appear in your dreams/sleep. I also suggest that you seek professional help on this. It will be good for you to let all those out and talk to someone who can really figure out what to do.

i think you're having an anxiety attack or panic attack. strange time to have it, but that's what it sounds like

i used to see something strange when sleeping in the day, i cannot figure it is dream or reality till now. it is really horrible, but do not worry, i think it is about your mood.

maybe you are under pressure, relax.