Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow people experiences, Help!

The Logic of Illogic

Hi,

My names Kellie, im 19 years old and I need advice concerning shadow people.

Okay I have always had this one clear memory of an experience with a shadow person. I was 11 and its basically the norm... waking up with the room feeling wrong, sit up to find a black silhouette of a person, with no distinguishable features staring at me in the corner. With this came the feeling of utter terror, dread, fear to the point that I could not move, even with the light an arms reach away, as I felt like if I did it would attack me. Eventually (after what seemed like hours) I dashed for the light, and as soon as it flicked on, it was gone.

This has always been a memory for me, a distant once off. It was scary, but it was in the past. But I remember that when I was with friends when I was 16 we got talking about experiences that we've all had. It bought back memories... growing up my sister and our 2 friends talked about those glowing red eyes we saw out of the window at a sleepover in which I did not remember, My friend sarah would say that at my new house we saw glowing red eyes in the hallway, in which if I think hard enough I can remember an image... and then I remembered my friend ellie saying that we saw it outside my bedroom window when I was 12.

I had heard these stories over and over throughout my childhood and as I didn't really remember much I always just dismissed them as a cool bedtime story-- it might be real, but so what?

So, my friends and I were talking about experiences when I was 16, and it made me think that maybe all of those experiences were real and maybe I should look into it. When I went and visited my childhood friend who moved far away (the one who saw it outside my bedroom window), I asked her if she remembered that, she said to me... 'Yeah... but what about when it was in your bedroom!?'. I stared at her, I honestly remembered NOTHING whatsoever about it, but something was nagging at me... so I said hold on. I thought harder then I ever have in my life and I conjured up an image and feeling in my head, and I began to ask her questions like 'where were we, what perspective in the room'... etc, and it matched up completely, we were on matresses on the floor facing the door from the left corner in my room across from the door... what I pictured what it standing in my doorway and thats exactly what she described!

Basically this is what she said happened: We were talking, about to go to sleep and all the sudden there was a jarring feeling of 'wrongness' in the air, we both froze and peeked up and there was an entity in the doorway, it was about 6 ft tall, the deepest black you can imagine, cloaked and shrouded in some form of black mist... but what was most terrifying of all was its glowing, slanted red eyes. She said she was frozen, she was scared, fearful and she just couldnt do anything. She glanced over at me and I was just staring at it. She said it lasted about 10-15 seconds and then it dissappeared.

What I remember is the eyes, and everything else seems to be in my peripheral... I wasn't scared per say, more numb. Its hard to describe but what I remember is just like being drawn in.... I remember the blackness, the cloak, the mist, the doorway. But I have no idea how long it lasted or what happened before or after, for me it is only an image. Supposedly in the days following I did not want to talk about it at all.

Which brings me to what I need advice on. Firstly, if multiple friends have witnessed this and with the red eyes at least, I can only conjure images or faint memories, is there a chance that there have been other times where I have been alone and I cannot remember anything? Also, I have looked but I didnt really see other stories about people forgetting about them... they seem pretty memorable.

Lastly, How can I go about remembering these? is it a good idea?... i've heard hypnotism can be risky, but im not sure.

and if there is anything else you want to add or ask, feel free!

Thank you for reading, and thank you for your help! icon_smile.gif

Sounds like it happened a while ago and when you were young. The problem with things like that is that our human memory is unreliable. For example: Police have done studies on the reliability of witness identifications & statements "Prosecutors recognize that eyewitness testimony, even when given in all honesty and sincerity, isn't necessarily credible. Merely because a person claims to have seen something does not mean that what they remember seeing really happened" http://atheism.about.com/od/parapsychology/a/eyewitness.htm

The red glowing eyes out the window, could they have been a couple reflective strips outside? Could they have been the next door neighbor's tail lights? Could they have been a neighbor's pet or animal? Were you and your friends on any mind altering narcotics/drugs? Could the shadow have been a product of your own physical shadow (or of something in the room) and your young imagination? I'm not saying you didn't experience anything but before you speculate that it's supernatural you need to first rule out the possibility that it is something natural.

My advice is not to try to force yourself to remember something. If you're brain is blocking out a memory it's doing it for a reason. A person's sanity can be a fragile thing and selective memory is it's defense. You'll remember when it's time.

Hi,

My names Kellie, im 19 years old and I need advice concerning shadow people.

Okay I have always had this one clear memory of an experience with a shadow person. I was 11 and its basically the norm... waking up with the room feeling wrong, sit up to find a black silhouette of a person, with no distinguishable features staring at me in the corner. With this came the feeling of utter terror, dread, fear to the point that I could not move, even with the light an arms reach away, as I felt like if I did it would attack me. Eventually (after what seemed like hours) I dashed for the light, and as soon as it flicked on, it was gone.

This has always been a memory for me, a distant once off. It was scary, but it was in the past. But I remember that when I was with friends when I was 16 we got talking about experiences that we've all had. It bought back memories... growing up my sister and our 2 friends talked about those glowing red eyes we saw out of the window at a sleepover in which I did not remember, My friend sarah would say that at my new house we saw glowing red eyes in the hallway, in which if I think hard enough I can remember an image... and then I remembered my friend ellie saying that we saw it outside my bedroom window when I was 12.

I had heard these stories over and over throughout my childhood and as I didn't really remember much I always just dismissed them as a cool bedtime story-- it might be real, but so what?

So, my friends and I were talking about experiences when I was 16, and it made me think that maybe all of those experiences were real and maybe I should look into it. When I went and visited my childhood friend who moved far away (the one who saw it outside my bedroom window), I asked her if she remembered that, she said to me... 'Yeah... but what about when it was in your bedroom!?'. I stared at her, I honestly remembered NOTHING whatsoever about it, but something was nagging at me... so I said hold on. I thought harder then I ever have in my life and I conjured up an image and feeling in my head, and I began to ask her questions like 'where were we, what perspective in the room'... etc, and it matched up completely, we were on matresses on the floor facing the door from the left corner in my room across from the door... what I pictured what it standing in my doorway and thats exactly what she described!

Basically this is what she said happened: We were talking, about to go to sleep and all the sudden there was a jarring feeling of 'wrongness' in the air, we both froze and peeked up and there was an entity in the doorway, it was about 6 ft tall, the deepest black you can imagine, cloaked and shrouded in some form of black mist... but what was most terrifying of all was its glowing, slanted red eyes. She said she was frozen, she was scared, fearful and she just couldnt do anything. She glanced over at me and I was just staring at it. She said it lasted about 10-15 seconds and then it dissappeared.

What I remember is the eyes, and everything else seems to be in my peripheral... I wasn't scared per say, more numb. Its hard to describe but what I remember is just like being drawn in.... I remember the blackness, the cloak, the mist, the doorway. But I have no idea how long it lasted or what happened before or after, for me it is only an image. Supposedly in the days following I did not want to talk about it at all.

Which brings me to what I need advice on. Firstly, if multiple friends have witnessed this and with the red eyes at least, I can only conjure images or faint memories, is there a chance that there have been other times where I have been alone and I cannot remember anything? Also, I have looked but I didnt really see other stories about people forgetting about them... they seem pretty memorable.

Lastly, How can I go about remembering these? is it a good idea?... i've heard hypnotism can be risky, but im not sure.

and if there is anything else you want to add or ask, feel free!

Thank you for reading, and thank you for your help! icon_smile.gif

Yes it is possible to forget some of these things that happen. The most intense times are what I think we remember. Because these things are from the spiritual realm, I think it can be somewhat like a dream in that we don't remember everything, but we would not forget it as quickly as if it were actually a dream. I say this because I have talked to people who have had experiences with the supernatural and have forgotten them, I don't think that it is rare.

for example, once when I was around 14 or 15 I think, me and my mom were driving down the street. We were in an area that I had seen ghosts on multiple occasions. My mother never believed me every time I reported them. Anyway, something in the car started choking me. My mom looked at my neck and said it looked like there was a hand imprint squeezing my neck, I could feel this as she was looking at it and describing it. I asked her about it the next day and she had completely forgotten...

When I think about that I think about the parable of the sower.

Matthew:13 That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2 Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”

and

18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

I know that this parable is talking about a positive thing, and not a negative thing, but I think that opposites can be true as well.. what is similar in the examples is that we are dealing with that of a spiritual nature.

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

Probably your own brain seals these memories to protect you.

It happened to me when my childhood friend's head got squished in a car accident in front of me, I had fainted & couldn't remember a thing :P

i'm wondering why a new thread has to be made every time someone talks about shadow people. gawd there are a few right on the top of the the heap now.

• Like 2

Hey, I would say don't force yourself to remember anything because then it becomes disorted and memories don't come back as accurately. I have had many encounters with the Shadow People and still do.

i am a sceptic about things like this but i myself saw one of these things when i was a child i was 7 at the time (i know bear with me ).it was standing in the corner of my room when i was away visiting my sister and her husband in norfolk .

i remmember waking up and looking straight at it it didnt do much just stood there for a few seconds then sort of faded through the wall ,being 7 i screamed the bloody house down .

i learned later that a lot of my family had seen the same thing and always when a woman in the family was pregnent (before they knew they were) my sister had seen it my second oldest brother and after me my nephews and my own kids.

thing is we always seemed to call it "the little man" even though i didnt remember how tall it was at the time and there was no indication of gender.

now the spooky part i had always put the experiance down to being a kid however a few years ago my beloved nephew took his own life (RIP Lee) the night after i heard the news i saw the self same thing in my kitchen at home i was wide awake and walking in there to grab a beer from the fridge .same thing there for a few seconds then faded through the wall same hat same red eyes everything.

then a month ago i was in bed woke up for no apparent reason felt uncomfortable (the being watched feeling) and there it was again in the corner of the room then fading away .

i must admit i started laughing and though **** you this is stupid and not real but it was there and i saw it :cry:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

First time it happened to me was when I was 6...I had a lion king blanket that had a bunch of shapes in it...I remember I couldn't fall asleep cuz I was just so awake and for sum random reason I said out loud "I'm gunna press a square" instead however I decided to press my finger down on to a triangle shape in the blanket and immediately heard a voice begin repeating the sentence "you said square" again and again...and with each time the voice got more high pitch and faster...freaking out I got up and ran for my parents room but when I got to the doorway I was suddenly frozen I could not move any part of my body nor could I speak! It lasted for about 5 seconds until I was able to move again and ran into my parents to tell them what happened. After that the next occurance took place sum years later by now I was a teen. I started having this thing where I would wake up during odd hours of the night REAL tired. The kinda tired where you open your eyes and you know as soon as u close them your drifting back to sleep. But I began noticing that as soon as I would close my eyes and lay my head back down...I could feel what felt like somebody crawling into bed w me....I could feel the bed press down by my feet...and continue pressing closer as if something was crawling towards me...and whenever I would open my eyes it'd be gone...I was able to chalk it up as me being in a half dream sort of thing until I remember one day once again I woke randomly and when I put my head back down I started feeling it again but by now because I was somewhat aware that this had been going on I wasn't so nonchalant about it and even though I put my head down I listened attentively...literally...the moment I pressed down against my pillow Immediately I felt whatever it was press right back down on the bed....this went on for a little while longer and got to the point where i would sometimes keep my eyes closed to see what would happen if I let it continue but as the thing would crawl closer to me I never had the balls to not open my eyes because it was too surreal...and of course the second I did open em it would dissapear. Finnally there was one early morning I awoke to actual tugging at my legs and at that I slept up stairs w my siblings for a while.....as far as high school goes it seemed to stop for a while and the only other weird occurance was waking up one morning to see my mom's head staring right back at me expressionless ....and then disintegrate into a bunch of tiny pixels ...I tend to think the occurance was somehow related.. after that however the next episode happened when I was about a year out of high school...I was living w my gf and some mornings when she was gone for work...the same thing would happen although now it was much darker and way more eerie because now there would be this crazy strong feeling of a presence being there and I can't really even describe the feeling! Because I know it sounds weird but its like theres this inorganic activity radar that your body naturally feels when in the presence of one of these things and it's just so heart pounding because it's like your bodys senses are going off! trying so hard to make u aware of this presence but also you literally CANNOT MOVE or TALK! Its like your stuck...the same stuck I felt when I was 6 trying to get out of my doorway!...I remember one time at my gf house it happened and I could definitely feel that this thing was behind the closet and I just remember sitting there like holy ****...this thing is about to come out!...and luckily of course the second your motor functions are replenished it all goes away....

The very last time it happened was also at age 18...and I was still living w my gf...this put the icing on the cake for me...

I was dead tired becuz I hadn't slept till real late and I remember my gf had to run and pick her mom from the airport...once again the whole crawling in the bed thing started happening and I made an effort to just keep calm and kinda had my eyes half open.i wanted to see what this thing was!...it got closer and closer to where my head is and once again I started feeling overwhelmed and couldn't Bare the intense moment so I opened my eyes fully and from the corner of my eye caught a glimpse of what looked like a very thin black leg connected to a dark black rather tiny creature about the size of...a small midget but stick thin...seeing this I immediately made every last effort to stretch my arm and pull open a window by me....the creature was gone...and after that to this day I haven't had it happen again...it's almost as if the creature knows it came a little too close to being found out or something.....looking back now....having been through this...for sum reason I feel like whatever the thing was is "somewhat" harmless...I mean I know it was a scary couple of situations...but I feel like it's "primary objective" was maybe more along the lines of making its presence known mixed in with slight wanting to **** with me....I DONT feel like it necessarily wanted to hurt me or possess me or do anything with absolute malice intent...however I COULD be wrong....and I'd HATE to say it...but it almost looked...cute.....not puppy dog cute...but its certainly no jeepers creepers...I mean it's extremely thin...like a bat if a bat was longer and walked on all fours.....

Well that's it from me...all I can say for sure is that when we're in the state of sleepiness....wether it's our 3rd eye.. dmt e.t.c or what....we see more ****! And there is DEFINITELY more "****"...out there...

Also one more thing to add ironically is although I never saw eyes connected to a body I did one day go outside to see a pair of glowing slanted red eyes just staring back...it was dark and all I saw was the eyes in the distance staring back...they were soon bright red...and slanted the perfect description is if you've ever seen spawn's eyes...he has green ones...these ones are identical...but red!...I never forgot those eyes!

Hello honesthornet.

U mean spawn from comics? That is very interesting. I havent heard anything like that before. Those eyes like spawn? And u didnt saw body attatched to them? Do u remember how high they were from ground? What happened to them? Did they disappeared or...