Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White House knew 2 hrs after attack started

Merc14

Here is a good read on the subject;

http://p.washingtont...zDA7ZuQ.twitter

More to the weapon walking;

http://www.businessi...hadists-2012-10

The official position is that the US has refused to allow heavy weapons into Syria.

But there's growing evidence that U.S. agents—particularly murdered ambassador Chris Stevens—were at least aware of heavy weapons moving from Libya to jihadist Syrian rebels.

Now

http://en.ria.ru/mli.../176877741.html

Syrian rebels fighting President Bashar al-Assad's regime are now armed with man-portable air defense systems (MANPADS) including US-made Stingers, Russia's top military commander said on Wednesday.

Russia has "reliable evidence" that the rebels have the weapons, "including US-made Stingers," but "who delivered them, we need to look into," Army Headquarters General Nikolai Makarov said.

There is an unsubstantiated rumor floating around that Fox News has obtained documents proving Amb Stevens was in Benghazi to run guns to Syria which if true will blow this part of the story wide freaking open.

Edited by Socio

A new report from the Associated Press demonstrates the lies and prevarications of the Obama administration over the terrorist attack in Benghazi that ended with the murder of our ambassador and three other Americans. According to the AP, which interviewed, Libyan witnesses, this was obviously an organized assault:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/libyan-witnesses-recount-organized-benghazi-attack

TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) — It began around nightfall on Sept. 11 with around 150 bearded gunmen, some wearing the Afghan-style tunics favored by Islamic militants, sealing off the streets leading to the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi. They set up roadblocks with pick-up trucks mounted with heavy machine guns, according to witnesses.

The trucks bore the logo of Ansar al-Shariah, a powerful local group of Islamist militants who worked with the municipal government to manage security in Benghazi, the main city in eastern Libya and birthplace of the uprising last year that ousted Moammar Gadhafi after a 42-year dictatorship.

There was no sign of a spontaneous protest against an American-made movie denigrating Islam's Prophet Muhammad. But a lawyer passing by the scene said he saw the militants gathering around 20 youths from nearby to chant against the film. Within an hour or so, the assault began, guns blazing as the militants blasted into the compound.

More;

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/27/obama-knew-about-attack-ignored-three-requests-hel/

ALLARD: Obama knew about the attack, ignored three requests for help

Cold political play could cost him the election

Benghazi debacle may yet make Mitt Romney president.

Barely 10 days before the election, the persistent whiff of scandal surrounding Barack Obama exploded into the banner headlines of a cover-up – at least among certain press outlets. Everything changed Friday afternoon with the stunning revelations by Fox News that CIA operatives defending the embattled consulate in Benghazi, Libya, called three times for emergency assistance while the attack was in progress. Each time, they were shamefully turned down. One of those defenders, Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, was apparently able to use a laser designator to pin-point the location of the mortar that eventually killed him. It would have been an easy shot for American pilots had any been ordered to respond. Another new and critical detail: An American drone was overhead transmitting live video of the battle scene below.

Edited by Socio

One of those defenders, Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, was apparently able to use a laser designator to pin-point the location of the mortar that eventually killed him. It would have been an easy shot for American pilots had any been ordered to respond. Another new and critical detail: An American drone was overhead transmitting live video of the battle scene below.

President Reagan: Do it!

President Bush 1: Do it!

President Bush 2: Do it!

President Clinton: Do it!

President Obama: Uh...we need more information...such as, uh...who exactly are we taking out, are there any civilians in the area, are our jet fighters going to be put in harms way, uh, is this going to be seen as offensive to the Muslims in the area? Get back to me with answers to those questions...I'm packing for Vegas, big fundraiser there, but, uh, I'll be in touch via my I Pad...oh and uh, find out what everyone at the UN thinks about taking out the mortars...

• Like 4

These guys are saying troops could've been on the ground within two hours! Ninjadude tells me otherwise. I'm not sure who's more credible. According to this, even if they didn't make a decision to move in for 4 hours they still could've had guys on the ground by hour 6 with an hour left to kill scumbags and maybe save Tyrone.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/retired-lt-col-my-sources-say-obama-was-in-the-room-watching-benghazi-attack-happen/

RETIRED LT. COL.: MY SOURCES SAY OBAMA WAS IN THE ROOM WATCHING BENGHAZI ATTACK HAPPEN

Retired Army Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer said Saturday he has sources saying President Barack Obama was in the room at the White House watching the assault on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya unfold.

Two unarmed U.S. drones were dispatched to the consulate and recorded the final hours of the attack, which killed U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.

“This was in the middle of the business day in Washington, so everybody at the White House, CIA, Pentagon, everybody was watching this go down,” Shaffer said on Fox News’ “Justice with Judge Jeanine.” “According to my sources, yes, [Obama] was one of those in the White House Situation Room in real-time watching this.”

Shaffer served as a senior operations officer for the Defense Intelligence Agency in Afghanistan in 2003 and wrote a book critical of the policies there. The U.S. government purchased the entire print run for $47,000 in an attempt at censorship just before its 2010 publication, claiming it contained classified material.

Shaffer said the question now is what precisely Obama did or didn’t do in the moments he saw the attack unfolding. The CIA reportedly made three urgent requests for military backup that were each denied.

“He, only he, could issue a directive to Secretary of Defense Panetta to do something. That’s the only place it could be done,” Shaffer said.

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said last week the military did not intervene because they did not have enough information about what was happening on the ground.

Col. David Hunt, a Fox News military analyst, said the military could have had jets in the air within 20 minutes and forces on the ground within two hours.

“The issue is always political with the White House, but the secretary of defense gives the order, has to be approved by the White House, they wouldn’t pull the trigger, and it’s disgraceful,” Hunt said. “We’ve got guys dead.”

• Like 1

RETIRED LT. COL.: MY SOURCES SAY OBAMA WAS IN THE ROOM WATCHING BENGHAZI ATTACK HAPPEN

Of course he was...if he wasn't...well, that speaks volumes as well. Let's just be real for a second (not that you aren't being): Our Embassy is under attack...and the President doesn't know it? Please! Our Embassy is under attack...the President is watching it happen in real time...and does nothing. Our Embassy is under attack...General Ham tells the President he has a contingent ready to roll...The President tells him to stand down....

What kind of Commander in Chief does that? Good god people...if we cannot trust the Commander in Chief to do the right thing at the right time....and then he spins, and spins, and spins until our heads are dizzy about a stupid Youtube movie...arresting the maker of the movie...who is still in jail as we speak?

This is the kind of stuff that impeachments and charges of treason are made of....and the left spins, and spins, and keeps quiet...shhh, maybe it will go away...

Guess what?! IT AIN'T GOIN' AWAY!!!!

• Like 1

I wonder what this whole song and dance is about, we have the e-mails reporting the attack and we know that it took the CIA a day to establish that it was a terrorist attack. And to know that Obama was not in the situation Room all you have to do is read the news, he was in the Illinois Senate at the time.

But imagination for some seem to go further than facts.

Sad if the opposition has nothing but this to attack the incumbent.

I wonder what this whole song and dance is about, we have the e-mailsreporting the attack and we know that it took the CIA a dayto establish that it was a terrorist attack. And to know that Obama was not in the situation Room all you have to do is read the news, he was in the Illinois Senate at the time.

But imagination for some seem to go further than facts.

Sad if the opposition has nothing but this to attack the incumbent.

What exactly...Mr. Reporter...is the email link suppose to tell us that we didn't already know? The facts are that the CIA knew it was a terrorist attack when it was happening....never mind...this is what the press does...spin, spin, spin....except this time: Oh what a wicked web we weave....

What exactly...Mr. Reporter...is the email link suppose to tell us that we didn't already know? The facts are that the CIA knew it was a terrorist attack when it was happening....never mind...this is what the press does...spin, spin, spin....except this time: Oh what a wicked web we weave....

Nothing that you "did" not know. It is showing some things that you, Sir, despite better knowledge, have been denying for weeks.

Nothing that you "did" not know. It is showing some things that you, Sir, despite better knowledge, have been denying for weeks.

please point it out...I am apparently missing something...

please point it out...I am apparently missing something...

Lets see, you claim that the white house knew this was a terrorist attack, fact is they did not know it as the CIA did not know that until a day later.

You imply that the White House had something to do with the denial of action of the Delta Force, when all evidence points that this information never got out of the CIA Resident's office.

You claim that there was a drone in the air showing it all directly to Obama in the situation room, when we know that the drone got there 2 hours after the beginning of the attack and Obama was in Illinois (did not know that the situation room was there).

And to round the whole thing up, you present us with a general indicted for corruption (see the corresponding thread on this forum) as King's witness.

Do you think we are all idiots or something?

But as I said in another thread: Very sad that this is all you have to make the case for not reelecting the incumbent, and just reinforces what I have been claiming for quite some time: both parties are broken, time for something new.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

Lets see, you claim that the white house knew this was a terrorist attack, fact is they did not know it as the CIA did not know that until a day later.

You imply that the White House had something to do with the denial of action of the Delta Force, when all evidence points that this information never got out of the CIA Resident's office.

You claim that there was a drone in the air showing it all directly to Obama in the situation room, when we know that the drone got there 2 hours after the beginning of the attack and Obama was in Illinois (did not know that the situation room was there).

And to round the whole thing up, you present us with a general indicted for corruption (see the corresponding thread on this forum) as King's witness.

Do you think we are all idiots or something?

But as I said in another thread: Very sad that this is all you have to make the case for not reelecting the incumbent, and just reinforces what I have been claiming for quite some time: both parties are broken, time for something new.

What do you propose as something new....the same old Obamanation?

The whole hoopla about when the Government knew an attack was going on and the response is sorta missing the bigger issue; that of which the embassy should not have been so relatively unprotected at the time regardless. We have marines crawling over embassies in Paris, Tokyo, London... but for the embassy that they know is surrounded by bases for many various factions (several of which have strong ties to enemy groups) we had none, only a few PMC's.

• Like 2

The whole hoopla about when the Government knew an attack was going on and the response is sorta missing the bigger issue; that of which the embassy should not have been so relatively unprotected at the time regardless. We have marines crawling over embassies in Paris, Tokyo, London... but for the embassy that they know is surrounded by bases for many various factions (several of which have strong ties to enemy groups) we had none, only a few PMC's.

Correct, where we have to add a few things:

The Embassy was a provisional emplacement, funds for further security was denied by Congress.

Ambassador Stevens send a request for additional funds to fortify the compound, which never was discussed 'cause the masters of the purse were too busy creating the fiscal cliff.

Ambassador Stevens requested additional security personnel, a request that still was hanging somewhere in the DoD machinery at the time of the attack.

There is no one guilty party here, there are only guilty parties, even those who think they can get an advantage out of finger pointing.

Correct, where we have to add a few things:

The Embassy was a provisional emplacement, funds for further security was denied by Congress.

Ambassador Stevens send a request for additional funds to fortify the compound, which never was discussed 'cause the masters of the purse were too busy creating the fiscal cliff.

Ambassador Stevens requested additional security personnel, a request that still was hanging somewhere in the DoD machinery at the time of the attack.

There is no one guilty party here, there are only guilty parties, even those who think they can get an advantage out of finger pointing.

mmm hmmm...the fact remains...the commander in chief, secretary of state, and ambassador to the UN, went on 'tour' touting a youtube video as the reason for the attack. And, they knew, and you know they knew, that there was absolutely no truth in that scenario..none...and they knew it, and, I repeat, you know that they knew it, I know that they knew it, they know that they knew it, everybody in the whole freaking world now knows that they knew it...and what do we get...spin, spin, spin...why...so we get confused and don't keep our eye on the ball...which is they knew...and yet they lied about the reasons. End of story...that's what it is all about.

• Like 1

mmm hmmm...the fact remains...the commander in chief, secretary of state, and ambassador to the UN, went on 'tour' touting a youtube video as the reason for the attack. And, they knew, and you know they knew, that there was absolutely no truth in that scenario..none...and they knew it, and, I repeat, you know that they knew it, I know that they knew it, they know that they knew it, everybody in the whole freaking world now knows that they knew it...and what do we get...spin, spin, spin...why...so we get confused and don't keep our eye on the ball...which is they knew...and yet they lied about the reasons. End of story...that's what it is all about.

Fact remains a captain is responsible for the ship, not for everybody who breaks a nail 'cause some idiot is not doing his job or the purser does not buy the necessary materials to safeguard the crew from nail breaking. In those cases the captain fires the idiot and/or the purser...just in this case the captain can't.

You're an arm chair general too. You apparently know for a fact exactly what can and can't be done. The difference is that I don't know what could've been done but I highly doubt the answer is nothing.

No I'm listening to those in charge. Like Leon Panetta.

Wrong. He was speaking in generalities about acts of terrorism.

again you fail to answer why the use of the word "act of terror" was important to you.

I almost hope O'barry IS reelected so I can watch the trial.

again you fail to answer why the use of the word "act of terror" was important to you.

It's more about why the President won't calla spade a spade. Why do you think it's ok to pussyfoot about who the enemy is?

I love the predictable play of the two uber-libs, they drag you into the weeds to argue minutiae so as to avoid the bigger questions and more important facts. It means they are losing. Now the AP is trying to concoct a mob story. Patently ridiculous. The only good outcome from this tragedy is that Obama and company will be so busy defending themselves during their lame duck that they won't be able to burn the place down as they are ousted.

This is going to get as ugly as ugly can be for the democrats and Obama dropping 7 points in popularity in 3 days (unheard of really) means the garbage being spewed by the MSM and the regime isn't being bought by the people. Dance ninja and question dance, we are enjoying the embarrassing spectacle. :clap:

Merc, you're right. I meant to add a follow up question to my post which was to ask why, in this entire subject with all these posts is he fixating on, well like you said, minutia? I think we know the answer. Doesn't matter. You're a terror on this matter and you got to keep it up.

America's disgust and anger personified:

wow :tu:

I have removed certain posts. Enough with the personal attacks. If members are unable to remain civil and courteous They will find themselves removed from the conversation.

• Like 1

I have removed certain posts. Enough with the personal attacks. If members are unable to remain civil and courteous They will find themselves removed from the conversation.

Are you letting people know their post was removed so they can tell us and we know what you find acceptable?

Are you letting people know their post was removed so they can tell us and we know what you find acceptable?

I think she removed certain posts, including mine, because of name calling and the over all vileness of some of the posts. This isn't an adult forum. But, as adults we should be able to conduct ourselves without sinking into the gutter. What is unacceptable ....and is spelled out in the rules...is that flaming is disallowed. Sometimes in the heat of discussion it happens...but when it happens regularly enough it becomes detrimental to the entire thread and bodes badly for UM in general. If one's post was removed, one should already know why. The One and Only Daughter of the Nine Moons is fair and loving and kind...(not to mention beautiful) and has a tolerance for some but not for much...and she is always right...not because she is a MOD but because she just is. Another way to say that is: She is not always right because she is a MOD, she is a MOD because she is always right!

Edited by joc
  • Like 1