Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Long Island Medium

mfrmboy

Do any of you watch the show on TLC Long Island Medium ? I have only seen it a couple of times and she seems pretty legit. What do you think?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glorybebe

• whitelight

• Bendy Demon

• ag55

I have a hard time with tv shows showing a psychic. There can be so much research and cold reading done...I do believe in psychic abilities, but people who really have them don't go around 'look at me, look at me, I'm psychic'.

Seems one of the best out of all the rest I've seen on TV. She's much more detailed in her readings and it's less likely for her to find out information before hand than some of the others on television.

I seen it and she is no better or worse than any other fraud out there.

She engages in the same stereotypical woo, waving around a smudge stick and pretending to get all "spiritual" or whatever and her "clients" getting all misty eyed or impressed over the circus act.

If they're going to keep producing this nonsense it would be nice if they would actually put some effort into it.

Seems one of the best out of all the rest I've seen on TV. She's much more detailed in her readings and it's less likely for her to find out information before hand than some of the others on television.

I disagree. The one I saw was her walking around in a grocery store. All it takes is having her crew out listening to people and getting her fodder. I turned it off after 10 mins. Same crap, different 'psychic'.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw only one episode but I am skeptical. Her readings seems to be a little too perfect. It felt staged.

• 2 months later...

I watch the show from time to time. I don't fully believe everything though. She seems to be so dead on with her readings. I'm skeptical that people can be that accurate with their readings. Most of the time it seems like readings are general and pretty broad. It also seems impossible that Theresa would change everyone's minds on her psychic abilities. It's more realistic if she changes only some people's opinions.