Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal Activity instead of Madagascar 3

glorybebe

By being over-sanitised and over-protective of children, that you would not allow them even a glimpse of any form of horror, you are raising these children to be mentally weak when they grow up, and they will find themselves living under a illusion of safety, unable to cope with any real horror or trauma they might face in the future.

• Like 1

She has watched the making of a few of them, she see's it is all fake and pretend...

When my daughter was 5 she came back from her dads wanting to sleep with me and having nightmares...shefinally told me that they had watched Underworld and was terrified that a vampire was going to come after her...we watched the movie together. I told her scientifically how things were impossible, then we watched the making of it. Boy, was I p***ed at her father.

• Like 2

It`s a good job they didn`t show a kids computer game by mistake .

• Like 1

This cracks me up, but only because it didn't happen to me. Yeah sure my kids would have gotten over it, but if I would have had to sit through any portion of the crap that is the Paranormal Activity franchise, I would have been mad as heck!

my 10 year is quite disappointed this didn't happen to him when we went to cinema on Saturday, the report seems a bit dramatic, time for parents to stop babying these kids explain its not real and they'll be fine

• Like 1

You never know what will scare a kid, really. My son at about 3 saw The Lion King and had a dream about Scar and was terrified of him. Few years later begged me to watch Evil Dead and was fine.

He's a huge Bruce Campbell fan now at nearly 22 but shudders at "The Circle of Life".

Aye , coldethyl , good point . Different people are affected in different ways . I`ve never been the same since I watched The Wizard of Oz .

By being over-sanitised and over-protective of children, that you would not allow them even a glimpse of any form of horror, you are raising these children to be mentally weak when they grow up, and they will find themselves living under a illusion of safety, unable to cope with any real horror or trauma they might face in the future.

Quite wrong. When you don't know the existence of something, you are not mentally affected by it, especially when you are a child. If you never see a ghost or anything horrible in your lifetime, it's impossible to have such image in your brain, that's how it works. Hence, the kids will never have nightmare. Kids can learn little by little, from book, from movie later when they are mature enough. You don't really need a horror movie to train one's brain, there are many different methods.

A human can live up to 80+ years old, so it's not hurt just to wait more few years till the kids grow up, there's nothing to be rush about

And ignorance is bliss :)

• Like 1

I wonder if the people expecting to watch Paranormal Activity were shown Madagascar?

now that is terrifying :no:

• Like 1

When my daughter was 5 she came back from her dads wanting to sleep with me and having nightmares...shefinally told me that they had watched Underworld and was terrified that a vampire was going to come after her...we watched the movie together. I told her scientifically how things were impossible, then we watched the making of it. Boy, was I p***ed at her father.

Yea I can see what you mean... But when the child gets to see how fake it all is and they understand that none of it is real.. they are just people pretending for TV, they no longer feel fear.. well that is how it was for Becky...

She saw the making and behind the scenes of Jeepers Creepers 2 ... She was amazed how they made the creeper fly... She said.. Oh I would love to do that ( with the wires ) ...but I couldn't wear all that rubbery make-up the man wears for the movie yuck.. how does he stick it ? I just told her - He gets paid lots of cash to wear the make up lol She hasn't seen the movie.. she just happened to watch the making of the movie one time when it came on Channel 4.. .It was pretty good I also allowed her to watch the making of Jurassic Park...She still wonders about the computer work they do to make the dinosaur's look real on TV..She also wants to visit Jurassic Park at Universal studios one day.. because she knows her dad and I have been a couple of times and we told her how fun it was

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

Anyone read Charles Fort ? Instant cure for those lacking paranormal perspectivity .

Just the parents freaking-not the kids. Kids would brag about it in school the next day.

• Like 1

Quite wrong. When you don't know the existence of something, you are not mentally affected by it, especially when you are a child. If you never see a ghost or anything horrible in your lifetime, it's impossible to have such image in your brain, that's how it works. Hence, the kids will never have nightmare. Kids can learn little by little, from book, from movie later when they are mature enough. You don't really need a horror movie to train one's brain, there are many different methods.

A human can live up to 80+ years old, so it's not hurt just to wait more few years till the kids grow up, there's nothing to be rush about

Did you read my post? My son had a nightmare about Scar from The Lion King when he was about 3 or 4. Kids can have nightmares about separation anxiety, fear of the unknown, being admonished for running into the street, etc. Keeping a child away from a horror movie will not prevent a nightmare.

• Like 1

Families settling down to a showing of Madagascar 3 ended up with Paranormal Activity 4 instead.

LOL

This is "Hot" front page news?

Is there nothing of interest happening lately?

Edited by Pop Vulture
  • Like 1

I'd be sueing the caca out of somebody,I mean Really,I would want to know who was in charge of the film and whap him over the head with the film and then start on him with my belt and end it with him straped to a chair having to watch the stupid Katie Perry movie a hundred times.Yikes I think that might be a little harsh.LOL

• Like 1

What? FlyingAngel your quite mistaken if you think children are not affected by things like that,Dont know where you get your info from but dang,YOUR WRONG. Edited by The Unseen

Paranormal activity is a comedy, what's the problem? lol

The problem is it wasnt ment to be shown to children,It may be a comedy to you but to a small child who was expecting a cartoon it could mean endless nights of nightmares,Are you going to go to every childs house and sit by their bedside and wake them when they start screeming and crying? I think not. Even if that movie was a comedy it still isnt what you want your children to watch,It was a bad mistake for those clowns in Brittin.
  • Like 1

LOL!! Actually, someone who work at the theater must have sneak up in projection room and change the film and wanted to scared the kids XD!!! "technical glitch" have nothing to do with and it was just a prank.

Yea I can see what you mean... But when the child gets to see how fake it all is and they understand that none of it is real.. they are just people pretending for TV, they no longer feel fear.. well that is how it was for Becky...

She saw the making and behind the scenes of Jeepers Creepers 2 ... She was amazed how they made the creeper fly... She said.. Oh I would love to do that ( with the wires ) ...but I couldn't wear all that rubbery make-up the man wears for the movie yuck.. how does he stick it ? I just told her - He gets paid lots of cash to wear the make up lol She hasn't seen the movie.. she just happened to watch the making of the movie one time when it came on Channel 4.. .It was pretty good I also allowed her to watch the making of Jurassic Park...She still wonders about the computer work they do to make the dinosaur's look real on TV..She also wants to visit Jurassic Park at Universal studios one day.. because she knows her dad and I have been a couple of times and we told her how fun it was

yeah, I created a monster. We now ALWAYS watch the making of videos. I think it helps re-inforce the difference between make believe and reality. The problem is that so many kids can't differentiate between the two. Parents need to take the time and help thir children with this.

• Like 2

Just because you know something is fake doesn't mean when you watch a scary movie, you won't be scared. It's the sensation that bring to us, not a matter of believing real or fake.

yeah, I created a monster. We now ALWAYS watch the making of videos. I think it helps re-inforce the difference between make believe and reality. The problem is that so many kids can't differentiate between the two. Parents need to take the time and help thir children with this.

Absolutely.. When I was taught the difference.. I no longer felt scared.. I understood...and now I will watch the odd horror just for entertainment... Becky just likes the odd one or two that she has seen the making of.. but sometimes looses interest . She is more into her action, big special effects.. She loves her Disney / Pixar more .. She loves the funny horrors.. like The Adams Family.. she gets a kick out of those

Edited by Beckys_Mom