Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

thinking about buying a ouiji board

NocturnalWatcher

Ouija boards have had different forms some existed in ancient times. So, no, it is not simply a game it is a tool used to channel spirits and communicate with them.

Sure it is marketed as a game but it still serves the same purposes as its ancient progenitors of spirit writing or automatic writing. The reason demons are attracted to this mediumistic writing is because the user requests a spirit to divine for them. Divination in any form is expressively forbidden in the Scriptures because one can find themselves entangled with malevolent spirits. IMO, malevolent spirits are the earth-bound spirits, the principalities and powers here upon the earth. Now I am going to go out on a limb here but I believe that celestial angelic spirits can traverse both heaven and earth. But I also believe other spirits God bound to the earth. This form of divination is a dangerous method of access through a user by these malevolent spirits that perhaps will take on any role or personality in order deceive this individual. Maybe they will pose as an ancient wise shaman, maybe they will pose as a dead relative, maybe they will pose as a famous personality, maybe they will pose as someone participated in a famous piece of history, maybe this spirit will divine fortunes and by that ultimately gain captive the will of the user by tickling their ears who become enslaved to their ouija board and its new found host, perhaps somethings will come true and there will be confirmations along the way but it will not lead to a good nor happy end. Atop of that, this could lead to many unpleasant activity in the user's life and their suffering will grow worse and worse that they will require a ministrial deliverance.

Yes, there have been many variations of Ouija boards, but that still doesn't prove that they're a medium/catalyst used by demons. Literally anything could be made into catalyst for demons, hell, I bet even a cup could be used to summon demons! What makes a Ouija board so special? Is it because it has letters and numbers on it? Well then i guess if the spirits wanted to, they could just use my laptop's keyboard right now and type out a message for me. Think about this, why is it that the spirits can only move the planchette when you put you fingertips on it? Why not when I just place my palm on it? The answer is because the only way the planchette will move is if you daintily place your fingers on it so that way YOU will inadvertently start to move the planchette because you're thinking about it moving. So overall, Ouija boards don't really work and just don't ask to speak with a demon in general. (Seriously, why would you do that? That's like wanting to visit Hell itself and then being shocked/disappointed when you see it's full of death and suffering.)

• Like 1

I never thought ouiji boards were real so they don't really bother me. the thing that bothers me is that people actually think some demon or spirit is going to show up and haunt them yet they still use the board anyway. what?

What it proves, is that the glass is pushed, by the people using the board, not pulled, as it would be if a spirit were involved. This will happen every time.

Just wondering...

Where is it proven that a spirit would 'pull' rather than 'push' the glass? Ouija board communication has not been proven, so how has it been proven that a spirit would 'pull' rather than 'push' the planchett or glass?

Just wondering...

Where is it proven that a spirit would 'pull' rather than 'push' the glass? Ouija board communication has not been proven, so how has it been proven that a spirit would 'pull' rather than 'push' the planchett or glass?

Because people think that spirit has telekinesis power so that they would pull the glass instead of using their fingers like normal people would do.

Personally, I think the board is more like a chat interface (Yahoo, MSN messenger). People concentrate and send the chat using words and voice. The board is like the screen. The spirits send the answer through people's mind, the mind use people's fingers to decode it back into letters.

Yes, there have been many variations of Ouija boards, but that still doesn't prove that they're a medium/catalyst used by demons. Literally anything could be made into catalyst for demons, hell, I bet even a cup could be used to summon demons! What makes a Ouija board so special? Is it because it has letters and numbers on it? Well then i guess if the spirits wanted to, they could just use my laptop's keyboard right now and type out a message for me. Think about this, why is it that the spirits can only move the planchette when you put you fingertips on it? Why not when I just place my palm on it? The answer is because the only way the planchette will move is if you daintily place your fingers on it so that way YOU will inadvertently start to move the planchette because you're thinking about it moving. So overall, Ouija boards don't really work and just don't ask to speak with a demon in general. (Seriously, why would you do that? That's like wanting to visit Hell itself and then being shocked/disappointed when you see it's full of death and suffering.)

The danger lies in simply opening communication with spirits and mediumship through spirits. IMO, earthbound spirits aren't good, malevolent and deceptive and demonic.

Quite simply, a ouija board user can become demonically oppressed and basically have a "mark" over their whole household that entails a whole lotta personal bad luck and tragedy even.

I've never used a Ouja board in my life but I wouldn't reccomend getting one. They're dangerous and I've heard of awful things happening to people who mess around with them. Trust me, don't get one and don't mess with them.

Ouija boards are not something you should be messing with. If you do, you'll find out the hard way why people are afraid of them.

Demons/unclean spirits exist whether you choose to believe in them or not.

Ouija boards are not something you should be messing with. If you do, you'll find out the hard way why people are afraid of them.

Exactly.

Evidence to support this please.

I would`nt I `ve read so many stories of how people are possessed by spirits, that would`nt leave them alone. I did once with a friend and as we started playing a minister knock at the door, we stopped hid the board and later threw the board away, sometimes I think that was a sign of don`nt! :cry:

Edited by docyabut2

Hmmmm.... Amazing with millions of these things sold throughout the years that we do not have any scientific evidence of anything really special about them at all.Demons must be shy creatures or scared of scientist :w00t: As i have said before i do not completley discount that spirits could exist energy never dies,but this little piece of cardboard is not the key to the gates of hell some like to believe it is. :devil:

• Like 1

Still don't get it. Surely the spirits don't need energy drawn like that. It creates doubt. For sceptics that is

• Like 1

There will always be skeptics, many of whom who are not prepared to study and experiment with this topic in full depth.

Try almost 3 years of studying first hand : http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181521&st=0

• Like 2

I thought there were poltergeists that can move books, picture frames, DVD cases, chairs, tables, even people... at least, that's what all those videos on YouTube would have you believe - and yet no paranormal entity can move a planchette, coin, glass or whatever else that's used with ouija boards?

• Like 1

Just wondering...

Think about it this way. The spirit moves the glass, yes? therefore the fingers on top must move when the glass moves. the fingers will have a slight delay in reacting to the movement of the glass. Therefore the glass moves first, and the fingers follow. If this were the case, the stack of coins would lean away from the direction of travel. But they don't. They always lean toward the direction of travel, proving that the fingers are pushing the glass, not following it.

Edited by voiceofreason

Think about it this way. The spirit moves the glass, yes? therefore the fingers on top must move when the glass moves. the fingers will have a slight delay in reacting to the movement of the glass. Therefore the glass moves first, and the fingers follow. If this were the case, the stack of coins would lean away from the direction of travel. But they don't. They always lean toward the direction of travel, proving that the fingers are pushing the glass, not following it.

Which fingers? Whose fingers? Spirit's fingers? What differ a spirit pushing the glass and a human pushing the glass? Because a spirit is transparent while a human isn't? Why would a spirit is supposed to pull when he can push it?

Edited by FlyingAngel

Which fingers? Whose fingers? Spirit's fingers? What differ a spirit pushing the glass and a human pushing the glass? Because a spirit is transparent while a human isn't? Why would a spirit is supposed to pull when he can push it?

Your not getting the concept. Try this. Get a friend to put thier finger on a glass. Then, pretend you are a spirit and take hold of the glass. As you (the spirit) moves the glass, your friends finger will have to move with you to keep up. Therefore the spirit moves (or pulls) the glass, and the participants fingers then move in response. The responsive action of the participants fingers (in this case)will cause the stack of coins to lean away from the glass, showing that an external force is moving the glass. Now, if you repeat the experiment, but this time you don't pretend to be a spirit, but are in fact a participant, when the glass moves you will see that the stack of coins leans toward the direction of travel. this proves that the participants fingers are moving the glass and not a spirit.

Your not getting the concept. Try this. Get a friend to put thier finger on a glass. Then, pretend you are a spirit and take hold of the glass. As you (the spirit) moves the glass, your friends finger will have to move with you to keep up. Therefore the spirit moves (or pulls) the glass, and the participants fingers then move in response. The responsive action of the participants fingers (in this case)will cause the stack of coins to lean away from the glass, showing that an external force is moving the glass. Now, if you repeat the experiment, but this time you don't pretend to be a spirit, but are in fact a participant, when the glass moves you will see that the stack of coins leans toward the direction of travel. this proves that the participants fingers are moving the glass and not a spirit.

I know what you are saying. But that will work only if the spirit "pull" the glass. No where says that a spirit have to pull the glass to make it move. It can simply put his fingers on the glass and push it like normal participants do. Now try to imagine that a spirit isn't a species with superpower that can move the glass with its mind, simply imagine that it's just a normal person in flesh and blood, what would it do?

We never had scientific knowledge that the world was round once upon a time, either. In fact, the idea of that was ludicrous.

You are correct. The idea was ludicrous, to blind faith believers that were afraid of falling off the flat Earth.

It took brave " skeptics " to go out and show them ( sail, explore ) that blind faith will never beat facts.

• Like 1

Hmmmm.... Amazing with millions of these things sold throughout the years that we do not have any scientific evidence of anything really special about them at all.Demons must be shy creatures or scared of scientist :w00t: As i have said before i do not completley discount that spirits could exist energy never dies,but this little piece of cardboard is not the key to the gates of hell some like to believe it is. :devil:

Same could be argued for angels, whether one believes in them or not is not the principal I am addressing. Just answer the question, why dont scientists study angels?

Why don't scientist take up the study of angels demons?

Same could be argued for angels, whether one believes in them or not is not the principal I am addressing. Just answer the question, why dont scientists study angels?

Why don't scientist take up the study of angels demons?

Very easily answered because none can explain them,there is no proof they exist.

Well that was about the easiest answer i have ever been asked about to explain on this forum :whistle:

Honestly i believe that spirits can exist energy never dies,but what one puts as a good or bad possible spirit that they have no proof even exist is pure foolishness.

There question answered.If you want a expert opinion to tell you the same thing ask a scientist why they do not study things that have no factual basis to them or why people label one good or bad.A scientist i am not,if you do not believe in science i have plenty of good ideas i can prove if you want to send me a bit of cash to fund my projects :D

Very easily answered because none can explain them,there is no proof they exist.

Well that was about the easiest answer i have ever been asked about to explain on this forum :whistle:

Honestly i believe that spirits can exist energy never dies,but what one puts as a good or bad possible spirit that they have no proof even exist is pure foolishness.

There question answered.If you want a expert opinion to tell you the same thing ask a scientist why they do not study things that have no factual basis to them or why people label one good or bad.A scientist i am not,if you do not believe in science i have plenty of good ideas i can prove if you want to send me a bit of cash to fund my projects :D

The precise point I am making, as this phenomenon can not be reproduced in a lab. A scientist can not study ouija boards. Neither can they study the effects of ouija boards. Just that people beleive they have come into contact with demons and it lead to alot of bad and frightening things.

Here is one definition of demonic oppression:

Physical ailments such as sleeplessness, nightmares, strong anxiety, self-mutilation, addictions, and physical illness.

Spiritual deadness that includes apathy and anger towards God, interest in false religious systems.

Emotional upheaval such as regular outbursts of anger, high and low emotional levels, self-justification, fear, hopelessness, abnormal fixations, etc.

Financial difficulties such as constant and unusual financial pressures. Sometimes numerous things go wrong all very quickly and it causes us great financial strain.

http://carm.org/questions/about-demons/what-demonic-oppression

We do not have much of a argument then i believe strange things do happen and some believe strange things have happened.Science is there to prove the possibility or the reality of what is and what can be proven.I have seen things that i knew were real but what is real or not has to have some kind of proof atleast in this reality is all i am saying.Ouija boards i have been around with several people telling their stories and that so and so really knew what they were doing nothing!Nadda!Zip!Zilch!Zero!Absolutely no proof at all the only common thing these "experiences" had in commen was me.Never the same people,place,or anything else just my laughs when told it must be my energy lmao.A more arrogant type person would believe themselves to be a god of some sort with that 1 very simple answer :lol: