Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hurricane Sandy predicted to hit East Coast

Ashotep

Still a lot of people without power but the electric companies have restored a lot already. A lot of tree clearing will be going on for a while and quite a few need to repair their roofs. New York and New Jersey especially have some recovery time to go. Even Hoboken and Jersey City are flooded.

• Like 1

Here some before and after pictures. So much damage its a wonder more weren't killed. Hopefully things will start returning closer to normal soon. It's going to take a long time to rebuild everything.

Before-and-after views of Sandy destruction

The two children that were swept right out of their mother's arms,and no one would even let her use their phone to call 911 ,so she huddled under a set of stairs,have been found dead.

The news said her wailing was heard for blocks .

Staten Island is also devastated ,and they are being ignored by rescue workers ,including the red cross.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57543917/missing-staten-island-toddlers-swept-away-by-sandy-found-dead/

No words....

That's a horrific story Simbi. I heard the death toll is up to 75 now and still expected to rise. I hope not.

The two children that were swept right out of their mother's arms,and no one would even let her use their phone to call 911 ,so she huddled under a set of stairs,have been found dead.

So many heartbreaking stories. :( I feel so horrible for everyone struggling to get back to some kind of normal.

• Like 2

2 1/2 days without power.. trees down everywhere. Big problem now is no gas. Cars lining up at any working gas station for blocks. What are you going to do when you have to get to work?

Stories from this are just horrible. Here in central NJ I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

• Like 2

Staten Island is also devastated ,and they are being ignored by rescue workers ,including the red cross.

http://www.cbsnews.c...ndy-found-dead/

No words....

That's horrible, someone should of let her used their phone, what heartless people. Bad decision on her part to try to leave during the worst of the storm.