Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Legend Of Conan

Imaginarynumber1

Arnold Schwarzenegger is set to return as Conan the Barbarian in Universal's The Legend Of Conan. It will skip over both the sequel to the original 1982 film (and last year's remake which starred Jason Momoa) for a Summer 2014 release. Read on for details and comments from those involved.

It seems like today is going to be full of "WHA-?!" moments, as Deadline has now revealed that Arnold Schwarzenegger is set to once again play Conan the Barbarian in The Legend Of Conan. He'll reprise the role of the Robert E. Howard creation after first playing the character in 1982. "The original ended with Arnold on the throne as a seasoned warrior, and this is the take of the film we will make," producer Fredrik Malmberg told the site. "It’s that Nordic Viking mythic guy who has played the role of king, warrior, soldier and mercenary, and who has bedded more women than anyone, nearing the last cycle of his life. He knows he’ll be going to Valhalla, and wants to go out with a good battle."

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=69256#rpi1ouTVvDjOoi9l.99

Conan the Barbarian is probably my favorite movie. I have the soundtrack, I know every line from the movie... god I love that film.

This must happen.

Conan! What is best in life!

220px-Conan_the_Barbarian_by_Renato_Casaro.jpg

• Like 1

I liked the original Conan but I think they should get someone besides Arnold to play Conan in this one.

I liked the original Conan but I think they should get someone besides Arnold to play Conan in this one.

It's supposed to tell the story of his later years. John Milius (the original director) wanted to bring Arnold back every 2 or 3 years for another Conan movie up until a final one with him becoming king. But then Terminator came out....

As I've said elsewhere, I'd have cast Arnold as Conan's father in the Momoa lead reboot of the series.

Mind you, Ron Perlman was (as ever) brilliant in the role.

[/size][/font][/color]

Conan the Barbarian is probably my favorite movie. I have the soundtrack, I know every line from the movie... god I love that film.

This must happen.

Conan! What is best in life!

220px-Conan_the_Barbarian_by_Renato_Casaro.jpg

I really hope they don't screw this up... The original is unrivaled. It will be hard to measure up to the genius of that film.

• Like 2

I really hope they don't screw this up... The original is unrivaled. It will be hard to measure up to the genius of that film.

Oh, I agree. It could be the most marvelous movie in history, or just big giant piece of crap. I am hoping for the former.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...